Larry Brown back in Philly. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Brown back in Philly.

I like the move. It's not like King when out and hired John Lucas.

Larry Brown is a proven winner, and has rebuilt several franchises. He is a hall of fame coach with a spectacular resume. It can't hurt to have him offer strategies and insight.

Oh man, I HOPE he attends Weds NYK-Philly game in person.

The fans here are going to be on him like junkies on a needle.

Oh man, I HOPE he attends Weds NYK-Philly game in person.

The fans here are going to be on him like junkies on a needle.

He'll probably be hiding in the luxury box with Billy King. Nobody will know that he's even in the building. Besides if people knew Larry and Billy were within 10ft of each other in the same room someone would probably throw a grenade in there.

He'll probably be hiding in the luxury box with Billy King. Nobody will know that he's even in the building. Besides if people knew Larry and Billy were within 10ft of each other in the same room someone would probably throw a grenade in there.
Shoot if I knew Larry and Billy were in the same room Id throw a thank you card in there. Between the 2 of them they ****

This is great news for Philadelphia fans. Larry Brown played a huge role making the Detroit team the way it is.

His "genius" is taking a hit though. The Knicks currently have the MOST WINS in the Atlantic division (granted the division sucks but still). And this is the same bunch Larry Brown could do nothing with!!

So,......

Larry Brown makes some really bad trades, I always thought his weakness was personel. He didnt make that team in Detriot and really he makes some really poor decisions with personell. Good luck with Larry.

Larry Brown makes some really bad trades, I always thought his weakness was personel. He didnt make that team in Detriot and really he makes some really poor decisions with personell. Good luck with Larry.

Steve Francis trade with the Knicks was his idea Isiaha just rubber stamped it for him. That trade was awful

Steve Francis trade with the Knicks was his idea Isiaha just rubber stamped it for him. That trade was awful
Jalen Rose was his brilliance as well.

Brown's weakness is that hes a very good coach but only with a certain type of veteran player who can play within his offense entirely based on fundamentals, something too many players today lack the ability to grasp, and is willing to play all out defense. The Larry Brown I remember watching at Kansas and even with the Clippers and Pacers was one who could develop talent and teach. Hes fallen off in that area and thats what made him a good coach in the first place. The Knicks started out 14-20 last year under brown and after that they were 9 and 39. He lost his ability to get players both young and old to buy in to his system.

The only good things he did here was teach crawford to associate the words smart and shot selection and defense (not just playing the passing lane), and he taught Q how to be dedicated on the defensive end as well.

As a Philly fan, I'm glad he's back. I also hope his prima donna ways end here. He's obviously at the end of his career and I'm sure he wants to end it on a better note. I love Mo, but the guy isn't a great coach. Look for the obvious, that being Cheeks getting canned at the end of the year and Brown stepping in, hopefully with Odem or Durant in the fold.

Hmm, Iverson gone Cheeks not gettin it done upcoming deep draft with lots of picks, hmmm what's next?

Back
Top Bottom