Larry Chester Showed Today Why We Signed Him... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Chester Showed Today Why We Signed Him...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Remember EARTHQUAKE and TYPHOON? Those two wrestling behemoths from the early 80's from the WWF? I think I saw a reincarnation of "The NATURAL DISASTERS" today....down at Dolphincamp. But we all know what TIM BOWENS can do, and will do once again this year.....but quite frankly.....there are still many fans out there....who have not seen enough of DT LARRY CHESTER.... believe me....folks.....this guy in pads.....is the equivalent of trying to move a Baby Grand Piano...with all the legs still on there...out the front door!

Mark Dixon and TIM RUDDY..even the old vet....LEON SEARCY...came away on the wrong end of the field...as this stumpy, ironcladed young man....pushed and shoved his opponents to within a few feet of the quarterback.

This was particularly good to see from the coaches point of view....a run stuffing DT....that may also give this team an extra dimension that we have not seen from the DT position...on any consistent basis: SACKS. Of course...in the Dolphins scheme of things defensively.....our DT's are not required to be the main guys that must put pressure on the quarterback. But from my point of view.....I think this could change.

An opposing offfensive line coach is going to have some major problems.. "who will I double team"? Bowens or Chester? Or should we help out with JASON TAYLOR? And this may be only on first and second downs....as BOWENS and CHESTER may be out of the picture on obvious passing downs.....but if CHESTER.....can continue to show the coaches that he is also very adept at not only pushing people backwards....but also is doing it in a way---in a form where he has a presence on where the quarterback will be going.....then this could mean that CHESTER could be in the game....on pass rushing downs as well.

I know its early and this was the first day in pads.....but the looks of a great early pickup...and if you remember....CHESTER was the first guy SPIELMAN signed up....just hours I believe after the official start of the FA period. Spielman looked for Daryl GARDENERs replacement back then.....even before all the eventualities that GAREDENER did to himself.....the Dolphins knew that they were moving DG to end....and they had one guy at the top of their list......CHESTER.

Like I said.....I did not see that much of CHESTER...and really nobody else did either....because most of the time...he was not participating in the Mini-camps....he was still getting healthy...his leg was still not ready to go. Today.....he was ready to go....and go forward he did. What caught my eye from the stands....was the way this guy kept the opposing offensive lineman moving backwards...slowly and steadily....not really overpowering...but with a rhythym and feel....all strength and technique. And what I liked as well.....he seems to have one eye on this opponent or opponents....and the other eye on what direcional movement the Quarterback is going. He seemed to almost have the quarterback in reach on a couple of plays....even with the likes of an opposing offensive lineman still on him.....and that is why I believe that the Dolphin coaches must now be thinking that we got more than we thought....when they signed this guy.....predominately because of his run-stuffing abilitites.

Larry Chester..... can he be a guy who can give us 10 sacks as well? Stay tuned....like the baby grand piano...that he resembles.
DCH

I heard Chester demanded to get traded since he heard Buffalo signed Mike Williams.

ACTUALLY... THATS NOT TRUE.

ONCE CHESTER HEARD THAT THE BILLS DRAFTED MIKE WILLIAMS......HE IMMEDIATELY WENT INTO WANNY'S OFFICE...AND SAID TO HIM......" COACH.....WHEN WE PLAY THE BILLS....I WANT TO STAY IN THE GAME ALL DAY....AND USE MY LEFT HAND TO PUSH BACK WILLIAMS.....AND THEN I STILL HAVE MY RIGHT ARM....TO BRING DOWN BLEDSOE...WHILE I AM IN THE POCKET".

WILLIAMS.....AFTER BLOCKING CHESTER...WILL LOOK LIKE A PANCAKE ON THE FRONT MENU OF DENNY'S......WHERE YOU BILLS FANS CAN GET AQAINTED WITH THE GRAND SLAM BREAKFAST........2 WINS FOR THE DOLPHINS THIS SEASON....AND TWO WINS...NEXT SEASON!

IM OUT....OF CHARACTER....
BUT THATS GOOD OL' TRASH TALK!

DCH

I'm not one to toot my own horn. But I've been one of the biggest supporters of this move (getting Chester). And as I've said before......I believe that Chester will be an UPGRADE over Daryl Gardener at DT.

Great to hear Larry's starting off strong.

Mike Williams plays RT. Chester plays RDT. They're on opposite sides of the formation. But Williams is lucky that Chester won't be there to embarrass his heavy butt.

Forget about it Muck I've already tried to explain to Bills fans how Williams will not lineup with Taylor and Zach but they won't listen. It's funny how all the Bills fans are acting like giddy school girls after MW's signing. They're like pre-teen girls at a boy band concert which I'm pretty sure is where they go to get Travis Henry's autograph. These Bills fans are acting like they've drafted the second coming of Anthony Munoz and John Hannah rolled into one. He's got potential but he's a rookie for God sakes and the only reason the Bills had a chance at him is because they sucked so much.

Thanks for the info DCH. Heh I started bawling out laughing when you responded to a bills fan :)

Hopefully this thread won't degenerate into the crap that was spewn out in the other thread.

Hmmm too easy, won't do it... nt

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Thanks for the info DCH. Heh I started bawling out laughing when you responded to a bills fan :)

Hopefully this thread won't degenerate into the crap that was spewn out in the other thread.

And he says he's only 85% ready...

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
Remember EARTHQUAKE and TYPHOON? Those two wrestling behemoths from the early 80's from the WWF? I think I saw a reincarnation of "The NATURAL DISASTERS" today....down at Dolphincamp. But we all know what TIM BOWENS can do, and will do once again this year.....but quite frankly.....there are still many fans out there....who have not seen enough of DT LARRY CHESTER.... believe me....folks.....this guy in pads.....is the equivalent of trying to move a Baby Grand Piano...with all the legs still on there...out the front door!

Mark Dixon and TIM RUDDY..even the old vet....LEON SEARCY...came away on the wrong end of the field...as this stumpy, ironcladed young man....pushed and shoved his opponents to within a few feet of the quarterback.

This was particularly good to see from the coaches point of view....a run stuffing DT....that may also give this team an extra dimension that we have not seen from the DT position...on any consistent basis: SACKS. Of course...in the Dolphins scheme of things defensively.....our DT's are not required to be the main guys that must put pressure on the quarterback. But from my point of view.....I think this could change.

An opposing offfensive line coach is going to have some major problems.. "who will I double team"? Bowens or Chester? Or should we help out with JASON TAYLOR? And this may be only on first and second downs....as BOWENS and CHESTER may be out of the picture on obvious passing downs.....but if CHESTER.....can continue to show the coaches that he is also very adept at not only pushing people backwards....but also is doing it in a way---in a form where he has a presence on where the quarterback will be going.....then this could mean that CHESTER could be in the game....on pass rushing downs as well.

I know its early and this was the first day in pads.....but the looks of a great early pickup...and if you remember....CHESTER was the first guy SPIELMAN signed up....just hours I believe after the official start of the FA period. Spielman looked for Daryl GARDENERs replacement back then.....even before all the eventualities that GAREDENER did to himself.....the Dolphins knew that they were moving DG to end....and they had one guy at the top of their list......CHESTER.

Like I said.....I did not see that much of CHESTER...and really nobody else did either....because most of the time...he was not participating in the Mini-camps....he was still getting healthy...his leg was still not ready to go. Today.....he was ready to go....and go forward he did. What caught my eye from the stands....was the way this guy kept the opposing offensive lineman moving backwards...slowly and steadily....not really overpowering...but with a rhythym and feel....all strength and technique. And what I liked as well.....he seems to have one eye on this opponent or opponents....and the other eye on what direcional movement the Quarterback is going. He seemed to almost have the quarterback in reach on a couple of plays....even with the likes of an opposing offensive lineman still on him.....and that is why I believe that the Dolphin coaches must now be thinking that we got more than we thought....when they signed this guy.....predominately because of his run-stuffing abilitites.

Larry Chester..... can he be a guy who can give us 10 sacks as well? Stay tuned....like the baby grand piano...that he resembles.
DCH

... Just imagine what he'll do when he's at 100% with confidence. I just hope he and Bowens can stay healthy for an entire season. We have to get over this injury bug on of these years!

Oliver...

Re: ACTUALLY... THATS NOT TRUE.

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
ONCE CHESTER HEARD THAT THE BILLS DRAFTED MIKE WILLIAMS......HE IMMEDIATELY WENT INTO WANNY'S OFFICE...AND SAID TO HIM......" COACH.....WHEN WE PLAY THE BILLS....I WANT TO STAY IN THE GAME ALL DAY....AND USE MY LEFT HAND TO PUSH BACK WILLIAMS.....AND THEN I STILL HAVE MY RIGHT ARM....TO BRING DOWN BLEDSOE...WHILE I AM IN THE POCKET".

WILLIAMS.....AFTER BLOCKING CHESTER...WILL LOOK LIKE A PANCAKE ON THE FRONT MENU OF DENNY'S......WHERE YOU BILLS FANS CAN GET AQAINTED WITH THE GRAND SLAM BREAKFAST........2 WINS FOR THE DOLPHINS THIS SEASON....AND TWO WINS...NEXT SEASON!

IM OUT....OF CHARACTER....
BUT THATS GOOD OL' TRASH TALK!

DCH [/B

Good stuff, DCH :lol: This off-season, I`ve spent most of my time in the Smack forum. It`s a hoot! Come on over....have some fun....you`ll do well.

btw....As always, you`ve passed on some great info.....thanks.

great (early) news DCH

Chester will be the key to our 1st and 2nd down D. If he can stuff the run better than DG, then we are looking at the best D we have had here since, since who knows killer Bee or even no-names.

A healthy Chester = lots of tackles for Zach :D

Originally posted by dolfan25
Forget about it Muck I've already tried to explain to Bills fans how Williams will not lineup with Taylor and Zach but they won't listen. It's funny how all the Bills fans are acting like giddy school girls after MW's signing. They're like pre-teen girls at a boy band concert which I'm pretty sure is where they go to get Travis Henry's autograph. These Bills fans are acting like they've drafted the second coming of Anthony Munoz and John Hannah rolled into one. He's got potential but he's a rookie for God sakes and the only reason the Bills had a chance at him is because they sucked so much.

LOL :lol:

Outstanding!!

Man I love to hear this stuff... I know it's very early... and this is only TC...
But I can't help getting psyched when I hear this stuff!!

I can't wait to see opposing RBs hit the Bowens-Chester wall and land on thier backs in the backfield!!!

Chester and Bowens are laying down a "NO TRESPASSING" zone in the middle. I can't wait for the Bills to try and run!!

Back
Top Bottom