Larry Johnson + 4th rd for | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Johnson + 4th rd for

DERRICK BLAYLOCK!

Remember him?

He's on the Jets now.

The Chiefs let him go because they like Larry Johnson.

MikeO said:
Our RB's suck. Saying he is better than what we have is nothing to brag about.

Not to mention I wouldn't give up Surtain for him. And a 4th round pick is nothing to write home about

Why does he suck? any stats or something to back it up...??

If he is better than any of the RBs on our team.. then i rather have him.

Well CHiefs can trade their 3rd..... and if they dont trade the 2nd 9(as of yet)

MikeO said:
Probably.

Answer my question then. Who was the last great Penn St RB to make it in the NFL? If Im wrong......answer my question!

Doesn't matter if their weren't any, Everyone has to start the new trend sometime. So ur saying if Peyton Manning decided to go to Florida instead of Tennesee he would suck right now isntead of being the best QB?

Finfan86 said:
Doesn't matter if their weren't any, Everyone has to start the new trend sometime. So ur saying if Peyton Manning decided to go to Florida instead of Tennesee he would suck right now isntead of being the best QB?
But he didn't go to Florida!.........:shakeno:

That's like saying if Dan Marino went to Nebraska and ran the option would he have been a great NFL QB. Who cares, it didn't happen, let's live in reality.

South Florida said:
DERRICK BLAYLOCK!

Remember him?

He's on the Jets now.

Blaylock was a free agent.. signed $$$ with the jets got 5 year 27 million.... would you sign your backup at that price.. no.. they could afford him...

Eric-Gofins said:
Why does he suck? any stats or something to back it up...??

If he is better than any of the RBs on our team.. then i rather have him.

Well CHiefs can trade their 3rd..... and if they dont trade the 2nd 9(as of yet)

1) His coaches and teammates hate him. Think he is soft.
2) He was a 1st round draft pick and couldn't even win the back-up RB job in KC. He was the 3rd stringer last year.
3) There is a long history of Penn St RB's who bomb out in the NFL.

The guy can't play.

The point is. If a player is good it doesnt matter what college he goes to

Larry Johnson is massively over-rated. You know these little whispers you keep hearing about how any runningback can be great in Denver, well the same applies to K.C.

LT - Willie Roaf
LG - Brian Waters
C - Casey Wiegmann
RG - Will Shields
RT - Jordan Black
TE - Tony Gonzalez
FB - Tony Richardson

They combine for 2032 lbs. An average weight of 290 lbs.
They combine for 65 years experience. An average of 9 years experience.

Their head coach is also an offensive genius. That is why we don't want Larry G. He is the definition of "a product of the system".

South Florida said:
DERRICK BLAYLOCK!

Remember him?

He's on the Jets now.

No they didn't! Talk about re-writing history! They let him go because they weren't going to pay a back-up RB big money.:shakeno:

i would Take LJ and a 3rd rd pick but, behind KC's o-line anyone could do great, but he is a good RB, he was great in college and he is good in the NFL even wit KC's o-line Priest has lost yds behind it so has others we dont know howhe wouldreactbehind a bad o-line if sammy morris could get decent yrdage with out o-line LJ could get some good yrds

Finfan86 said:
The point is. If a player is good it doesnt matter what college he goes to

The point is, you have no clue as to what you speak. But, since Larry Johnson isn't good I guess you might be right! :roflmao:

Seriously, the college usually doesn't matter. But when certain schools have a history, you must learn from that history. Penn St RB's bomb out in the NFL.

Like I said, if Im wrong, someone answer my friggin question......WHO IS THE LAST GREAT RB TO COME OUT OF PENN ST?

If you can't answer the question, dont' tell me Im wrong. I can give you 3 first round draft pick RB's to come out of Penn St who BOMBED! Prove me wrong!

UltraDol-Fan said:
no, no more backups. If we get a running back I want it to be OUR running back.

Do you feel this way about a QB? Im tired of all the backup QB's personally...i want to draft OUR QB. A little venting there.. :D i like the Larry Johnson trade with a 4th rounder he has as much promise as anybody in the draft. I say go for it. Maybe switch around the 4th rounder for a 2nd next year.

MikeO said:
1) His coaches and teammates hate him. Think he is soft.
2) He was a 1st round draft pick and couldn't even win the back-up RB job in KC. He was the 3rd stringer last year.
3) There is a long history of Penn St RB's who bomb out in the NFL.

The guy can't play.

again 4.8 yds average is not soft. his 9 TDS are nice... 0 fumbles

he was a backup to Holmes... and wanted a trade and was in the doghouse...

Eric-Gofins said:
again 4.8 yds average is not soft. his 9 TDS are nice... 0 fumbles

he was a backup to Holmes... and wanted a trade and was in the doghouse...
He was a back-up to Blaylock and a 3rd stringer. Stop changing the facts.

Back
Top Bottom