Larry Johnson + 4th rd for | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Johnson + 4th rd for

Well anyways it wont happen so just cool off fine?:)

MikeO said:
The point is, you have no clue as to what you speak. But, since Larry Johnson isn't good I guess you might be right! :roflmao:

Seriously, the college usually doesn't matter. But when certain schools have a history, you must learn from that history. Penn St RB's bomb out in the NFL.

Like I said, if Im wrong, someone answer my friggin question......WHO IS THE LAST GREAT RB TO COME OUT OF PENN ST?

If you can't answer the question, dont' tell me Im wrong. I can give you 3 first round draft pick RB's to come out of Penn St who BOMBED! Prove me wrong!

Curt Warner has a nice NFL career. So there you go. Warner ran for over 7k yards in 8 years even though he was injured in 84 & 90. He's not hall of fame material but he ran for over 1000 yards 4 out of his first 6 years. Not a bust liek Ki-jana, or Blair .

Eric-Gofins said:
How about Larry Johnson + Chiefs 4th round pick for Surtain.

Larry Johnson ran for 9 TDs and 4.8 yds per carry playing behind Holmes and Blaylock.. Former first round pick.

This allows Saban to focus on another position with the #2 or trade down picking up extra picks.

I think is is fair especially if Chiefs have no interest in dealing their 2nd round pick...

Let me know your thoughts guys...
Anybody could of had those stats behind KC's o-line

merlin00069 said:
Curt Warner has a nice NFL career. So there you go. Warner ran for over 7k yards in 8 years even though he was injured in 84 & 90. He's not hall of fame material but he ran for over 1000 yards 4 out of his first 6 years. Not a bust liek Ki-jana, or Blair .

For the #3 overall pick those numbers stink

T tes said:
Anybody could of had those stats behind KC's o-line

i rather him Larry behind our O-Line than our injured lineup of Gordon, Minor and Morris

anyone could have had those stats behind KC online....lol

Beyond all of this, it does NOT make sense to trade a top five corner for a third string runningback, and fourth round pick. Who will we draft in the fourth round who will make any impact what so ever? You can't name anyone! Because everyone who goes in the fourth round is a gamble... they might be good, they might suck. Larry G. is also going to make little impact. He is another RB to add to our cycle.

Morris
Minor
Henry
Gordon
Johnson

Wooooo! What a time! I am sick of having the 32nd overall offense, lets go out and get playmakers, and stop being cheap - trying to pooch players out of the later rounds.

Bottom line.....Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, Larry Johnson. All are 1st round picks who have stunk in the NFL. They are system players from an old out-dated college run offense which makes running backs look better than they are.

Larry Johnson is a 3rd string RB who in his short NFL career has had a few decent games behind a great o-line. Not to mention his big games at the end of last year were meaningless games since KC was out of the playoff hunt and had nothing to play for.

The Chiefs like Larry Johnson and he's their only back-up running back right now. There's no way their going to trade Johnson, maybe a year ago at this time but not now.

RAIDER HATER said:
The Chiefs like Larry Johnson and he's their only back-up running back right now. There's no way their going to trade Johnson, maybe a year ago at this time but not now.

Whatever. I dont' think anyone would trade for him anyway so it doesn't matter

Larry Johnson is just flat out better then Blaylock. I don't know if he is as good as Holmes, but they have different strengths. Most Chiefs fans thought LJ would probably be good one day until we saw him against the Titans this year. He had 7 carries for 104 yards and two TDs. He had two TD runs of 40+ yards. He is tye type of runner that breaks off lots of long runs. He has a long stide and very deceptive speed. Once he gets going he shrugs off tackles very well without losing speed and takes good angles.

There were several reasons LJ was kept behind Blaylock for so long: He was young and Vermeil does not like starting rookies/young players, he got in Vermeil's doghouse early on and stayed there for a while, and he was having trouble learning all the blocking assignments. Once he actually got a chance to play he performed very well. 580 yards rushing, 4.8 ypc, 280 yards receiving, with a total of 11 TDs in five and 1/2 starts.

If you take Blaylock's, Holme's, and LJ's stats from last year and averaged that out for a full season LJ would have the best season. I would still rather have Priest start because he gives very constant production and has a great nose for the endzone once we get inside the twenties, but I no longer feel uncomfortable at all when LJ is in the game. I felt much better when LJ was in then when Blaylock was in.

LJ has been 2 seasons in the league how can you call him bust?

Joey 22 said:

A 1st round draft pick and he was a 3rd string RB! :shakeno: If that isn't a bust I don't know what is.

Joey 22 said:

Not to mention that when he has actually got to play he has put up stats that are basically identical to Preist Holmes except that LJ has a slight higher YPC.

Back
Top Bottom