Larry Johnson + 4th rd for | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Johnson + 4th rd for

Larry Johnson is a 1st round talent behind of of the best RBs in the league.... he was drafted when b/c they thought Holmes might not be the same..... KC passed up taking defense that year.... was the 2nd RB taken that year

Eric-Gofins said:
Larry Johnson is a 1st round talent behind of of the best RBs in the league.... he was drafted when b/c they thought Holmes might not be the same..... KC passed up taking defense that year.... was the 2nd RB taken that year

As a Chiefs fan I can safely say the only reason you could consider LJ a bust is because of our mismanagement of the draft and of LJ once he was signed.

MikeO said:
Bottom line.....Ki-Jana Carter, Curtis Enis, Blair Thomas, Larry Johnson. All are 1st round picks who have stunk in the NFL. They are system players from an old out-dated college run offense which makes running backs look better than they are.

Larry Johnson is a 3rd string RB who in his short NFL career has had a few decent games behind a great o-line. Not to mention his big games at the end of last year were meaningless games since KC was out of the playoff hunt and had nothing to play for.

I'm glad you have a crystal ball and can predict a player's fate after his first significant playing time.

First he stinks, then anyone can run behind KC's line, which is it?

Mike Cloud couldn't run behind KC's line when Holmes went down 2 years ago.

When Johnson got his opportunity, he produced. You can discount it all you want, but he produced.

To say a player sucks after a 9-td performance is a reach.

And what the hell does the fact that he's a backup to one of the best RBs in the league have anything to do with it? So are you saying that backups have no value? Priest Holmes was a backup at one time too, does he suck? What about Jake Delhomme, another 3rd stringer at one point - does he suck?

Let's not forget Matt Hasselbeck, Willis McGahee, and Steven Jackson.

I guess they all suck and have no hope because they were backups.

I'm a Chiefs fan, and I agree with giving up the #2. But to expect to get LJ and a 4th is a little far-fetched. The Chiefs want LJ around because there are rumors that Holmes is going to retire after this year.

Eric-Gofins said:

2nd best RB taken? LOL :roflmao: :roflmao:

Chris Brown, Dominick Davis, Willis McGahee, and Onterio Smith are all better than Johnson and all except for Willis were taken AFTER Larry.

MikeO said:
A 1st round draft pick and he was a 3rd string RB! :shakeno: If that isn't a bust I don't know what is.

His 9 tds were better than most RBS in the league...he had same # of Tds as Edgerin James.... more than Jamal Lewis, Portis...

The Bad Guy said:
Let's not forget Matt Hasselbeck, Willis McGahee, and Steven Jackson.

I guess they all suck and have no hope because they were backups.
They were back-ups. LJ was a 3rd stringer. :shakeno:

MikeO said:
2nd best RB taken? LOL :roflmao: :roflmao:

Chris Brown, Dominick Davis, Willis McGahee, and Onterio Smith are all better than Johnson and all except for Willis were taken AFTER Larry.

2nd RB taken is what i meant to say

Eric-Gofins said:
His 9 tds were better than most RBS in the league...he had same # of Tds as Edgerin James.... more than Jamal Lewis, Portis...

KAJ led the league in TD's one year. He was never a great RB!

It's a meaningless stat. If TD's were the be all and end all, then Zach Crockett is the best RB in the league most years as he punches in the most.

Joey 22 said:
Come on Onterrio isnt better than LJ.

He is the #1/#2 RB on a playoff team.

LJ is the 3rd stringer on an average team. Yeah, Onterio is better (when he's off the weed)

MikeO said:

It's a meaningless stat. If TD's were the be all and end all, then Zach Crockett is the best RB in the league most years as he punches in the most.

Meaningless stat.... last time i checked TDs are worth 6 points... played better than any of our RBs....

oh so now only yards count.

his 4.8 yds are second only to Alexander and Chris Brown..

MikeO said:

Here are LJ's stats for last year:

120 carries for 581 yards
4.8 ypc
longest run of 46 yards
9 rushing touchdowns
22 receptions for 278 yards
12.6 yards per catch
longest reception of 40 yards
2 touchdown receptions

Clearly the nine rushing touchdowns is the only statistical area LJ performed well in and that puts him right alongside the likes of Zach Crockett and other short yardage backs.

Eric-Gofins said:
Meaningless stat.... last time i checked TDs are worth 6 points... played better than any of our RBs....

oh so now only yards count.

his 4.8 yds are second only to Alexander and Chris Brown..

Oh please, your going to compare the number of carries Larry Johnson had in 10 games to starters like Alexander and Brown? :shakeno:

You might want to stop posting now before you lose all credibility on all issues.

Sarcastro said:
Here are LJ's stats for last year:

120 carries for 581 yards
4.8 ypc
longest run of 46 yards
9 rushing touchdowns
22 receptions for 278 yards
12.6 yards per catch
longest reception of 40 yards
2 touchdown receptions

Clearly the nine rushing touchdowns is the only statistical area LJ performed well in and that puts him right alongside the likes of Zach Crockett and other short yardage backs.

Maybe you should look at the last 4 games where he played:
12/05@OaklandW 34-27No201185.934135618.7291000012/13@TennesseeW 49-38No710414.94622199.5120000012/19DenverW 45-17Yes301515.032200000000012/25OaklandW 31-30Yes25793.216244310.81500000

January Rushing Receiving Fumbles GAMEDATEOppRESULTGSAttYdsAvgLgTDRecYdsAvgLgTDFumRecYdsTD01/02@San DiegoL 17-24Yes17462.781811514.44010000

Back
Top Bottom