LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO!

I will be surprised if Fangio makes a decision until he sees what happens with the DC job with the Eagles. If they end up keeping their DC because he doesn’t get a head coaching job, Fangio will accept a job with another team.
If he ends up being offered the Eagles DC position, I will be surprised if he doesn’t accept the job.

McDaniel interviewing any candidate he is interested in for the DC position with the Dolphins makes perfect sense. Hopefully he is able to hire his #1 candidate for the job but if not, he needs to have other qualified candidates he wants to hire if his top pick for the job doesn’t work out.
Now it would be a shame if we wait a day - lose Fangio - while completing the Campagnile interview.

Always tough when you interview someone still coaching. We got a break last year when SF lost in NFC championship game. Maybe Philly will do same thing. If they go to Super Bowl, hopefully the other head coaching positions fill before the game. 🤞

Always tough when you interview someone still coaching. We got a break last year when SF lost in NFC championship game. Maybe Philly will do same thing. If they go to Super Bowl, hopefully the other head coaching positions fill before the game. 🤞
He's a consultant only.

As much as I want Fangio to be the one, I really don’t think he's going to take this job and if he does, it won’t be till he sees what happens in Philly....it's just a gut feeling that his preference at this point is to stay where he's at.

As much as I want Fangio to be the one, I really don’t think he's going to take this job and if he does, it won’t be till he sees what happens in Philly....it's just a gut feeling that his preference at this point is to stay where he's at.
What are you basing that upon Danny? Your guts seems to be glass half full often on topics like these lol.

What are you basing that upon Danny? Your guts seems to be glass half full often on topics like these lol.
just think that it makes sense for him to stay up there......he's 64 and moving around might not be fun for him anymore.....they already have a SB talent type of team in place and he's been there so he knows the team. If he takes our job then great but I'm just not holding my breath.

Waiting could be risky as the other candidates may not want to wait for opportunity missed reasons.
For all we know, they are leaning toward hiring a particular individual but they feel they owe Campanile an interview based on his time with the Dolphins.

Also Fangio might have told them he wants to wait until he sees what happens with the Eagles before making a decision.

I assume if they really wanted one of the coaches they have already interviewed and that coach was ready to sign to be the next DC, it would have already happened.

I’m not worried about them missing out on signing a DC who will be an upgrade over Boyer. It will happen when it happens and until then, I ‘m not going to stress about it.

just think that it makes sense for him to stay up there......he's 64 and moving around might not be fun for him anymore.....they already have a SB talent type of team in place and he's been there so he knows the team. If he takes our job then great but I'm just not holding my breath.
Also he is from Pennsylvania and he decided to become a consultant with them this past season instead of taking a DC position with any other team.

At his age he might just want to stay close to family and coach his last few years in his home state if he is offered the opportunity to do so.

Like you, I would love to see him with the Dolphins next season but I won’t be surprised if he remains with the Eagles if the DC job opens up after this season.

I feel like they should have interviewed Campanile first. He is in house, why schedule him last?
In house doesn’t mean in town. For all we know, Campanile could be on vacation or interviewing with other teams for other positions and this was the first time he was available to sit down for an interview.

The Dolphins season is over,so all the assistant coaches might be relaxing elsewhere or looking at other opportunities in case the next DC decides to hire his own assistants to replace them.

So many takes in this thread, and all of them based upon speculation about what MIGHT be happening inside of other men's heads.

It's fun... I guess, but none of us even know what Fangio is thinking. So to then move on to a point where you're mad that we didn't shift the ship into ludicrous speed and immediately do what you wanted...

Wow.

In house doesn’t mean in town. For all we know, Campanile could be on vacation or interviewing with other teams for other positions and this was the first time he was available to sit down for an interview.

The Dolphins season is over,so all the assistant coaches might be relaxing elsewhere or looking at other opportunities in case the next DC decides to hire his own assistants to replace them.
I get it, but if you're the one looking for the job, you make yourself available at the employer's earliest convenience.

Back
Top Bottom