LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO!

For all we know, they are leaning toward hiring a particular individual but they feel they owe Campanile an interview based on his time with the Dolphins.

Also Fangio might have told them he wants to wait until he sees what happens with the Eagles before making a decision.

I assume if they really wanted one of the coaches they have already interviewed and that coach was ready to sign to be the next DC, it would have already happened.

I’m not worried about them missing out on signing a DC who will be an upgrade over Boyer. It will happen when it happens and until then, I ‘m not going to stress about it.
Like I tell my kids if it's meant to be it will be. It's just the Dolphins, bad **** is the norm.

As much as I want Fangio to be the one, I really don’t think he's going to take this job and if he does, it won’t be till he sees what happens in Philly....it's just a gut feeling that his preference at this point is to stay where he's at.
well thats dependant on phillys D getting a head coaching job and moving on, he surely doesnt want to be just a consultant anymore.

I get it, but if you're the one looking for the job, you make yourself available at the employer's earliest convenience.
I agree but the Dolphins were trying to set up interviews with assistant coaches who were still coaching or were in other areas of the country. They might have been interested in getting those coaches in for their interviews ASAP while knowing that Campanile would be available since he is presently on the staff.

McDaniel and Grier also are already comfortable with Campanile because they have observed his coaching ability while he has been with the Dolphins. I doubt they would even be interviewing him if they didn’t think he was capable of being the teams DC.

I imagine they just want to know how he would have been different than Boyer if he had been the DC this past season and how he plans to run the defense in the future if he is the next DC. They might also want to know which defensive assistants he wants to keep and who he would replace if he was the DC.

They might be thinking about changes on the defensive staff and interviewing a coach who worked with all those other defensive coaches might give them better insight as to how those coaches work together.

McDaniel let Boyer have complete control of the defense. So even though McDaniel is the HC, getting input from a coach he is thinking about promoting about all the coaches on the defense is an important part of the interview process.

I agree but the Dolphins were trying to set up interviews with assistant coaches who were still coaching or were in other areas of the country. They might have been interested in getting those coaches in for their interviews ASAP while knowing that Campanile would be available since he is presently on the staff.

McDaniel and Grier also are already comfortable with Campanile because they have observed his coaching ability while he has been with the Dolphins. I doubt they would even be interviewing him if they didn’t think he was capable of being the teams DC.

I imagine they just want to know how he would have been different than Boyer if he had been the DC this past season and how he plans to run the defense in the future if he is the next DC. They might also want to know which defensive assistants he wants to keep and who he would replace if he was the DC.

They might be thinking about changes on the defensive staff and interviewing a coach who worked with all those other defensive coaches might give them better insight as to how those coaches work together.

McDaniel let Boyer have complete control of the defense. So even though McDaniel is the HC, getting input from a coach he is thinking about promoting about all the coaches on the defense is an important part of the interview process.
I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't get promoted to DC. I believe the Dolphins need to hire someone from outside the organization who will bring fresh ideas and a new scheme. I don't want someone who worked under Boyer to be in charge of the defense next season.

I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't get promoted to DC. I believe the Dolphins need to hire someone from outside the organization who will bring fresh ideas and a new scheme. I don't want someone who worked under Boyer to be in charge of the defense next season.
I agree. With all due respect to Campanile, if he gets the job it proves the Dolphins did not have a plan. Just like Flores promoting two goof balls OCs.

I think Fangio was interviewing us as much as we him. There was talk of a compensation package being worked out so there may have already been an offer? I also think he knows he can pretty much pick which ever job he wants. He also might reach out to certain players on said prospective teams gauge their mindsets. One thing for sure, it didn't take long for the knives to come out for Ross and Grier.

Fangio is wanted by multiple teams, he is probably the number 1 candidate for all of them.

This has nothing to do with Grier, Ross etc this is Fangio’s decision to make at the time he chooses, which most likely after the Philly decision is made at DC.

For those asking well while Philly, besides the fact he is a consultant already he was born there etc. not to mention Philly is probably one of the best teams in the NFL at the moment.

If I’m Fangio I really wouldn’t want to wait another few weeks to find out if a guy is leaving Philly just to get my job. Maybe the Eagles DC doesn’t get hired and the other jobs are filled at that point. Not sure I would risk it.

Back
Top Bottom