LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO!

Fangio can be announced at any time he/Miami would want if hired. Philly has absolutely no say in it. He is a not a coach for Philly. The NFL rules about times periods/permission to interview is for coaches. Fangio is a consultant. Hence he has already interviewed for like 3/4 teams and none needed permission from Philly.
I know that and already mentioned it in another post!

For all we know, they are leaning toward hiring a particular individual but they feel they owe Campanile an interview based on his time with the Dolphins.

Also Fangio might have told them he wants to wait until he sees what happens with the Eagles before making a decision.

I assume if they really wanted one of the coaches they have already interviewed and that coach was ready to sign to be the next DC, it would have already happened.

I’m not worried about them missing out on signing a DC who will be an upgrade over Boyer. It will happen when it happens and until then, I ‘m not going to stress about it.
Probably giving Campagnile the interview so he looks like a better prospect out there once we jettison him.

I know that and already mentioned it in another post!
Sorry I may have misunderstood your post. I thought you we saying that they couldn't announce/hire until the 2 week window if Philly wins, like the Flores situation. Use to be you couldn't interview/hire someone from a SB team till after the SB. NFL changed that to teams could interview coaches first week of the two week gap for coaches in the superbowl.

Sorry I may have misunderstood your post. I thought you we saying that they couldn't announce/hire until the 2 week window if Philly wins, like the Flores situation. Use to be you couldn't interview/hire someone from a SB team till after the SB. NFL changed that to teams could interview coaches first week of the two week gap for coaches in the superbowl.
No I said they might wait until after the Eagles game this Sunday to announce if Fangio is coming or not but I know they can do it at anytime since he is only a consultant.

No I said they might wait until after the Eagles game this Sunday to announce if Fangio is coming or not but I know they can do it at anytime since he is only a consultant.
Ya I get what you meant after rereading it. It was just that when you said like Flores, I thought you were referring to league rules that he couldn't be until after the conference championship games.

But like you I never expected an announcement before the weekend.

Ya I get what you meant after rereading it. It was just that when you said like Flores, I thought you were referring to league rules that he couldn't be until after the conference championship games.

But like you I never expected an announcement before the weekend.
No I just was making the point that the Dolphins named Flores the head coach before the Super Bowl that year.

Always tough when you interview someone still coaching. We got a break last year when SF lost in NFC championship game. Maybe Philly will do same thing. If they go to Super Bowl, hopefully the other head coaching positions fill before the game. 🤞
So, we need the Eagles to lose may 13-10. That way their DC gets a raise, and Fangio flies south for the winter… and stays.

Seems everyone wants Fangio. Surely he looks at our roster not far off being a super bowl contender???

Fangio licking his chops bro.

Stud edge passing rushing duo, absolute stud DT duo, stud takeaway artist at CB, stud all purpose difference making S.

Is that to many studs?
Nope. There are a lot of good players on this defense. A lot to work with for sure

Back
Top Bottom