LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO!

Yep. I said that. McD needs to keep the morale high and you don't get that by shitting on a current assistant coaches dream. Instead of causing Campinile to be upset, this should be able to be spun to be in Campanille's best interest that we're bringing one of the best DCs in to help mentor him because we believe in him.

& there is continuity.

p.s. Maybe, there are some parallels to last yr when Lemuel Jeanpierre was retained?

Quite honestly, if Fangio is first choice and Desai is 2....

I'm not waiting around on Fangio.

May will disagree, I get it.

I would be perfectly happy with Desai.

So if an offer was made and Fangio is gonna make Miami wait... no problem.move on to Desai and get it done.

This may sound petty, but I want the guy that WANTS to be the DC for the Dolphins not the guy who has the Phinz as the 2nd 3rd fall back option.

But who knows. Maybe GRYPHONK is wrong
Exactly.

I doubt anything would be announced on Fangio until Philly's season is done. And not necessarily b/c he's waiting to hear about that DC job. Even as a consultant he would be part of their SB run for as long as it lasts.

And the decision for Fangio will probably based on very personal reasons, like the relationships he has, where he wants to live and what players he wants to work with. Compensation will have little to do with it as he's going to make a ton no matter where he goes.
I think something could be announced on Fangio after the NFC Championship Game regardless if the Eagles win or lose. The Super Bowl wouldn't be for another two weeks and I believe the Dolphins announced that Brian Flores was going to be the head coach before the Patriots played the Rams in that Super Bowl. I doubt the Dolphins will be willing to wait until after the Super Bowl to announce who the new DC is even if it ends up being Fangio.

I think something could be announced on Fangio after the NFC Championship Game regardless if the Eagles win or lose. The Super Bowl wouldn't be for another two weeks and I believe the Dolphins announced that Brian Flores was going to be the head coach before the Patriots played the Rams in that Super Bowl. I doubt the Dolphins will be willing to wait until after the Super Bowl to announce who the new DC is even if it ends up being Fangio.
Maybe, but it wouldn't matter to the team or Fangio if we know. Fans may have the patience of a school girl, but that's not all that relevant in the big picture. The biggest annoyance will be all the posts here about how everybody is an idiot, doesn't have a plan, by fans here with almost zero information.

Maybe, but it wouldn't matter to the team or Fangio if we know. Fans may have the patience of a school girl, but that's not all that relevant in the big picture. The biggest annoyance will be all the posts here about how everybody is an idiot, doesn't have a plan, by fans here with almost zero information.
I would agree with them if they end up promoting the LB coach to be the DC.

Who’s to say he even wants the Philly gig if it becomes available?
I’m kinda thinking if your Defensive coordinator has to have a consultant…..then his ass ain’t getting a head coaching job to leave the position he’s in now!
(That’s Hillbilly math y’all!!)

Fangio has interviewed with the Falcons, Panthers and Dolphins so far since interviews started about 10 days ago. If today's interview is their last, I would expect they announce their decision today or tomorrow if Fangio has agreed.

Please do not throw shade on HOF Bob Griese by shopping a photo of Marsha Brady wearing a Dolphin # 12 jersey. If that cry baby ever makes on to the Dolphins his sorry arse better be wearing something other than 12. I'd be in favor of TB zero.
jm2c

Fangio can be announced at any time he/Miami would want if hired. Philly has absolutely no say in it. He is a not a coach for Philly. The NFL rules about times periods/permission to interview is for coaches. Fangio is a consultant. Hence he has already interviewed for like 3/4 teams and none needed permission from Philly.

Back
Top Bottom