Last Night was a learning curve. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last Night was a learning curve.

kingfin23

This is the Year
Reaction score
I am very disappointed in the game. Were 3-1 with a very easy schedule coming up. I really believe only tough team left are the Patriots. Ok Cincinnati and San Diego might be tough but we're Home. I really think this team can go 11-5 with a wildcard spot. Then it's a all new ballgame. So the Saints beat us. Ok time to move on. We have Ravens and Bills so I plan on being 5-1 facing the Patriots for the division lead. There is a lot to look forward to. This team can win. Let's go Phins. I believe last night we should've stuck with the running game with Lamar Miller. He was averaging 6 yards a carry. You can't ask for more than that. Mike Sherman decided to pass the ball too much. IMO So let's beat up on the Ravens.

What else can you do right? I said before the Atlanta game that we were 90% sure to win due to certain factors (ATL Injuries and playing at Home to name a couple) but I knew that this Saints game was probably a loss because we were beat up and without Cam Wake going against a QB that you absolutely need pressure on (and your missing your best DE, really?) not to mention the Monday night football atmosphere playing AT New Orleans where they go crazy, and so on and so forth...

I expected a loss and unfortunately got one. Although that Las Vegas gambling conspiracy theory one poster made was interesting to note, I didn't need that to see the odds were severely stacked against us last night.

I think people freaking out over last night had their expectations way to high.

Learning curve?? What really happened was reality SLAPPED the **** out of miami and all of their fans. Watch when the patriots play the saints. Let's see if Darren Sproles has 100 yards AFTER the catch.

We were beat by a Superbowl contending team and one that I think will represent the NFC in the SB. There is no shame in losing to them, its HOW we lost. At the same time there is no points for style. Learn and move on. Time to get ready for Baltimore. 4-1 going into the bye is nothing to be ashamed of.

Learning curve?? What really happened was reality SLAPPED the **** out of miami and all of their fans. Watch when the patriots play the saints. Let's see if Darren Sproles has 100 yards AFTER the catch.

This. We got out-everythinged last night and it was not all that good feeling.

It's nice to be 3-1 and all, but until that becomes 4-1 I have large concerns...

Was at the least expecting a fight. Not the same old TE over under.

I'm sure he will when that time comes. Sproles has been doing that to a lot of teams his whole career. If you think the Pats would've gone into the Superdome on MNF and come out with a win then I'll have what you're smoking.

The game showed us what many of us already knew . . . . we are still a year or two from seriously contending. That was a top tier football team at home on Monday night in a nationally televised game, and they took care of business. We held our own for a while, but in the end they had more weapons than we had players to cover those weapons. We have a pretty tough schedule this year and could flirt with a wild-card, but we need to be realistic about where we are at.

I'm sure he will when that time comes. Sproles has been doing that to a lot of teams his whole career. If you think the Pats would've gone into the Superdome on MNF and come out with a win then I'll have what you're smoking.

The last time the Pats played the Saints in the Superdome on a Monday night (11/30/09) the score should sound very familiar - 38 to 17, Saints win. Belichick sat Brady in the middle of the fourth quarter.

We are still a good team, regardless...now it's all about how this team overcome this lost. Correct some of the mistakes, overcome the injury bug, and tighten up the loose ends. If no one has seen the improvement from last year regardless on the lost (yeah everyone seen it), such as T. Hill command at the line, touch passes, improved run game, defensive run penetration, and more....look again. If we can improve week in and week out we will be fine.

What was really bad was how Payton and Brees were yucking it up after the score was 7-0, I wanted to put a ****ing bullet right in Payton's mouth.

So what? Having reailty slap the **** out of you is not grounds for quitting or mailing it in. Who gives a **** what the Patriots do against the Saints? Will they play them in the Superdome? Will they be missing key parts of their defense? All that matters to us is what the Patriots do when we face them. Take care of the Patriots and forget about the past, that's what you do.

This team has to take care of its own business. Players need to step up into their roles. Now, I thought this team handled the Saints well on both sides of the ball going down to the 2 minute mark of the first half of the game. You're just not going to stop Drew Brees from doing damage when you're missing the league's best pass rusher and a first string CB. Reality is that we were down 14-10--it legitimately could have been 14-14 at that point--Ryan Tannehill made a big mistake at a crucial point in the game, and the Saints do what contenders do and deliver a kill shot to the Dolphins. From this point forward, everyone watching MNF should have expected that the Dolphins would fade, ESPECIALLY when they came out in the second half and went 3-and-out.

If there is one thing I would go in and fix about that game, it's Ryan Tannehill's turnovers. I would go in and erase that fumble along with the interception at the end of the half. After those two mistakes, it was natural to expect the team to fade on both sides of the ball. It killed any remaining momentum the team had, but bless the defense's heart because they continued to hang on a bit longer.

So what did we learn last night:

1. There are a handful of teams in the league who are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, who have the talent and coaching to go all the way. New Orleans is in this category.

2. Even after spending a gazillion dollars in free agency, Jeff Ireland's Dolphin are not one of those teams. They are not even close to being one of those teams.

3. Until we have an offense that can consistently score 35 points a game we will never be one of those teams in today's NFL. That's just the ugly truth, plain and simple. After all the money spent on free agents, we still just aren't good enough to compete at the elite level.

QED

So what did we learn last night:

1. There are a handful of teams in the league who are legitimate Super Bowl contenders, who have the talent and coaching to go all the way. New Orleans is in this category.

2. Even after spending a gazillion dollars in free agency, Jeff Ireland's Dolphin are not one of those teams. They are not even close to being one of those teams.

3. Until we have an offense that can consistently score 35 points a game we will never be one of those teams in today's NFL. That's just the ugly truth, plain and simple. After all the money spent on free agents, we still just aren't good enough to compete at the elite level.

QED

To top it all of its the same problems as last year.

TE beating us. All 4 weeks

Oline suspect. 18 sacks worth.

****ty play calling. 3rd and millimeters. Repeated slants.

But we probaly have the best punter kicker combo in the league.

Back
Top Bottom