Last of the Shula era players? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last of the Shula era players?

Never say die

A Porpoise Driven Life....
Reaction score
How's that for a Dolfan trivia question. It was Timbo this morning and, just when it looked like Timbo would be the last of the Shula era players to retire.... Our favorite LT goes and upstages him :) .

Does any one know of any other Shula era players still playing in the NFL?

And should an asterik be put by Richmond's name ....seeing as he left Cincy two or three years ago?
..........makes you wonder ...did Yepremian ever officially retire......?:lol:

Hmm very good question indeed. The only player I could think of off the top of my head, would have to be Troy Vincent.

Never say die said:
How's that for a Dolfan trivia question. It was Timbo this morning and, just when it looked like Timbo would be the last of the Shula era players to retire.... Our favorite LT goes and upstages him :) .

Does any one know of any other Shula era players still playing in the NFL?

And should an asterik be put by Richmond's name ....seeing as he left Cincy two or three years ago?
..........makes you wonder ...did Yepremian ever officially retire......?:lol:

I don't think "upstaging Timbo" was on Richmond's mind. I'm sure it was a "I should join my teammate" kind of thing.

I'm with ya...I don't really think he meant to upstage Tim, but why not do it last year or the year before. The article I read said he quit playing in 2002. Either way I think in a 24 hour span we saw retire two of the all-time greatest to put on a Fin uniform retire as proud dolphins,...and that gets me downright misty with pride for my team.

Never say die said:
I'm with ya...I don't really think he meant to upstage Tim, but why not do it last year or the year before. The article I read said he quit playing in 2002. Either way I think in a 24 hour span we saw retire two of the all-time greatest to put on a Fin uniform retire as proud dolphins,...and that gets me downright misty with pride for my team.

Not true. As far as I can recall he tried to come back with us prior to last year and ended up with Cincinnati at some point last season.

Troy vincent and Marco Coleman are the only two that I can think of from the earlyto mid nineties.

Here's the line from the Miami Dolphins Team press release that made me think differently: 'Webb concluded his illustrious career with the Cincinnati Bengals, where he played two seasons (2001-02). "

There was no reference to any other years past 2002. But I'm not here to argue.:D

Isn't Marco Coleman still in the league? He would qualify along with Troy Vincent, who was already mentioned. Also, I thought Terrell Buckley was with us before Shula retired. The only other possibility I can think of might be an obscure punter.

Never say die said:

Mmmmmm hmmmm. (Sniff)

Nighthawk said:
Troy vincent and Marco Coleman are the only two that I can think of from the earlyto mid nineties.

Terrell Buckley....

Never say die said:
Here's the line from the Miami Dolphins Team press release that made me think differently: 'Webb concluded his illustrious career with the Cincinnati Bengals, where he played two seasons (2001-02). "

There was no reference to any other years past 2002. But I'm not here to argue.:D

No what I was saying was that he didn't conclude it. He actually tried to come back with us in camp about two seasons ago. Teams were even looking to sign him late last season.

Or maybe numb nuts Nedney, did he kick for us during Shula's reign, and is he still shankin 'em?

Never say die said:
Oh my bad, what I read you saying is that he ended up with Cincy last year.

That was my bad. He didn't.........but I know for a fact he either ended up with somebody, but got cut or teams were considering him. I remember when I read it I was like leave the guy alone........

Back
Top Bottom