Last Place For Chase | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last Place For Chase

C. Young is just too dominant right now, but after watching Fitz yesterday I don't know if we have the luxury of passing on a qb.( our pass rush has been just as bad)

I'd take Young with my 1st, a Left Tackle with my 2nd first and a center with my 3rd. It doesn't matter who we have at qb if we can't protect him. Build the line then get the QB. I think we should draft at least 3 online with our first 5 picks.

A lot of things have to happen not to take the QB. First there has to be a great player at a premium position and second for whatever reason your not in love with the QBs at the top of the draft. It's a process that really has not even started yet

I think dominant ends can be found later in the draft. I mean **** they got Taylor in the 3rd rd and let’s not forget Wake he wasn’t even drafted.

If we keep on waiting for us to fix every position first and then draft a QB we will never draft that QB. This was what happened with Tannehill. He needed everything else to be perfect in order for him to play well. No team is perfect at every position. Even the top teams. We're starting from scratch so you start with your QB first if you get that chance. I'm not suggesting we draft a QB just to draft one. We'll see which pick we end up with but with the top pick in the draft we should get our QB.

This is all about getting the QB, the face of the franchise for years to come, otherwise it’s a huge disappointment.

At least that’s the way I see it...

id like the phins to build an Oline and Dline/Pass rush before and build a foundation that way a QB we take actually has a chance of succeeding

Yep...and 10 years later of 8-8 seasons and still trying to build the lines and the trenches, being good enough to win just enough games to take you out of drafted a top tier QB, but look...we can add a mid tier DT.

I'd take Young with my 1st, a Left Tackle with my 2nd first and a center with my 3rd. It doesn't matter who we have at qb if we can't protect him. Build the line then get the QB. I think we should draft at least 3 online with our first 5 picks.

Post.jpg

You copying my posts!

:lol:

This is all about getting the QB, the face of the franchise for years to come, otherwise it’s a huge disappointment.

At least that’s the way I see it...
That's also the way Ross and therefore Grier and Flores see it.

This whole process was instigated with the purpose of getting a QB and most likely one specific QB. If we get the #1 pick it doesn't matter how good Chase Young is.

The halfway point of the 2019 NFL season is nearly upon us, and the college football campaign is coming up on the homestretch.

Top prospects are solidifying their draft stock, while others are surprising fans and scouts alike, both in good and bad ways.

As the draft landscape continues to take shape, here’s my updated take on how next year’s first three rounds could shake out, using the latest updated draft order:

1. Cincinnati Bengals | Joe Burrow | QB | LSU
For the longest time now, it’s seemed Tua Tagovailoa was written into this spot with permanent marker. But Burrow’s performance so far this season has launched him into the No. 1 overall conversation, while another high-ankle injury has dinged Tagovailoa’s stock. Don’t be shocked if there’s a different QB in the top spot come next April.

2. Miami Dolphins | Tua Tagovailoa | QB | Alabama
Aside from the injuries, it’s hard to find a flaw in Tagovailoa’s game. A few months ago, it would have been hard to imagine the Dolphins landing him without getting the No. 1 overall pick, but thanks to Burrow’s soaring stock, he just might fall into their lap here.

3. Washington Redskins | Chase Young | EDGE | Ohio State
Another franchise in disarray, Washington needs to add as much talent as possible, regardless of position. They already have their quarterback of the future in Dwayne Haskins, so they need impact players elsewhere on both sides of the ball. Young is a monster of a pass rusher with all size, athleticism and technique to be a dominant player at the next level.

Back
Top Bottom