Last Time a Team Had 4 Top 50 Picks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last Time a Team Had 4 Top 50 Picks?

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Early 90s Cowboys thanks to that Herschel Walker trade that many compared the Tunsil trade to. Of course those cowboys went on to win 3 SBs in 4 years.

Miami just had the same 4 top 50 picks and came away with 4 players rated as top 3 at their positions not including Eichenberg. Not saying Miami is going to 3 of 4 titles but this could be a season where expectations change from playoffs and playoff win to conference title and then some by mid season.

The Early 90s Cowboys thanks to that Herschel Walker trade that many compared the Tunsil trade to. Of course those cowboys went on to win 3 SBs in 4 years.

Miami just had the same 4 top 50 picks and came away with 4 players rated as top 3 at their positions not including Eichenberg. Not saying Miami is going to 3 of 4 titles but this could be a season where expectations change from playoffs and playoff win to conference title and then some by mid season.
If Tua becomes what we think he will, there's really not a significant hole on this team.

Sure, you'd like a more talented lead back, but on paper the roster is good.

Meaning Grier and Flores can add to that while the team is young and contracts aren't a huge problem.

If Tua becomes what we think he will, there's really not a significant hole on this team.

Meaning Grier and Flores can add to that while the team is young and contracts aren't a huge problem.

Think they are hoping to see overall improvement in the running game via better o line play. Kindley and Hunt/Eich at guard imo is a serious improvement in the interior. Center is important but unless you have Aaron Donald lining up against you a Center just really needs to stalemate rather than get some serious push. And a lot of times they combo block so overall Miami will be fine.

I think they line up.. Jackson, Kindley Skurs, Hunt, Eich

Way more running lanes imo. And though no way to know the style of the co offensive coordinators I definitely see greater range and play calling than last year which isnt saying much.

Last edited:

If Tua takes the next step it’s on! Watch out AFC. I remember Buffalo fans saying they hope Tua doesn’t take the next step becaus Miami would be a serious AFC threat if so. And Kansas City fans saying Miami was going to be pain in their sides for years to come because of all the draft picks and young players Miami had. Fanbases are taking notice.

Think they are hoping to see overall improvement in the running game via better o line play. Kindley and Hunt/Eich at guard imo is a serious improvement in the interior. Center is important but unless you have Aaron Donald lining up against you a Center just really needs to stalemate can get some serious push. And a lot of times they combo block so overall Miami will be fine.

Way more running lanes imo. And though no way to know the style of the co offensive coordinators I definitely see greater range and play calling than last year which isnt saying much.
Just think 80% of Miami’s O-line now will have been drafted in the last two years. They start jelling this season, draft a center next year and they could have one of the best O-lines for at least the next 4 or 5years or so before FA changes everything.

If Tua takes the next step it’s on! Watch out AFC. I remember Buffalo fans saying they hope Tua doesn’t take the next step becaus Miami would be a serious AFC threat if so. And Kansas City fans saying Miami was going to be pain in their sides for years to come because of all the draft picks and young players Miami had. Fanbases are taking notice.
No doubt. Miami went 10-6 last year with Tua getting his feet wet. No to mention starting three rookies on the offensive line.

Now, Grier has added significant weapons with Fuller, Waddle and maybe Long.

The offensive line is virtually complete. Maybe the team adds a center next draft.

And the defense looks better on paper as well.

Think they are hoping to see overall improvement in the running game via better o line play. Kindley and Hunt/Eich at guard imo is a serious improvement in the interior. Center is important but unless you have Aaron Donald lining up against you a Center just really needs to stalemate can get some serious push. And a lot of times they combo block so overall Miami will be fine.

Good point on offensive coordinators. Hopefully, Flores got that decision right.

I think we'll see a lot of RPO's and that quick passing game that NE was always known for.

They drafted a RB... A darn good one at that... and didn't pretend that was the same as drafting a bunch of 5th and 7th rounders to make up for it.

I liked our top 5 picks. Now the draft picks and free agents along with the players returning from last year have to be one team with one goal. We have a chance to make the playoffs and once you're in then anything is possible.

Your Miami Dolphins in 2020?

• Round 1, pick 5: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama.
  • Round 1, pick 18: Austin Jackson, OT, USC.
  • Round 1, pick 30: Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn.
  • Round 2, pick 39: Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana-Lafayette.

Honorable mention:
  • Round 2, pick 56: Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama

Back
Top Bottom