Late round WR worth a look | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late round WR worth a look

CJGoCanes

Starter
Reaction score
I know some people have already included Marko Mitchell (Nevada) in their mocks, but his physical attributes deserve a closer look. I was scouring NFLDraftScout's rankings from their 10-yard and 20-yard times, and I saw the usual names from fast guys such as Mike Wallace out of Mississippi and DHB from Maryland. Then I noticed lumped with all these other (mostly) smaller, quicker prospects was 6'4" 218# Marko Mitchell.

He has a 10-yard split of 1.50 and a 20-yard split of 2.53, both outstanding numbers, and incredible for a guy his size. These correlate well to acceleration from the line, in and out of breaks, and such. I think they're just as important as 40-yard times, which he has a good time of 4.43.

He's currently ranked as a 7th round / free agent prospect, and as Boomer has pointed out this front office loves to take late round flyers on guys with good physical attributes. Mitchell is a big play guy as evidenced by his stats.

Has anyone seen tape of him other than the YouTube clips I watched, because everyone looks good on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom