Latest Cap Info | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Cap Info

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score

Both OTC and Spotrac have us a bit under $4M on the cap which is NFL lunch money. All are included but AVG. It would be good for some to click on and scroll down to see the break at #51 and all the players who do not count.

Hill (31), Ramsey (27), X (23), and Armstead (20) total $105 M NEXT YEAR which is close to half our cap. In 2025 Elders Hill (22), X (16) and Armstead (12) will cost $50 M on the cap This does not include the likely re-restructures for next year.

We need to win in the next two years. I see 2025 as when it will be time to pay the "cap piper."

Last edited:
We’re currently scheduled to have $128 million in cap space in 2025, which will be $145 million if we cut Ogbah, $149 million if we cut Jason Sanders, and $165 million if we cut Jalen Ramsey. We have no dead money currently booked for 2025. If we make the three moves I just described, we’d have $7.7 million in dead money.

I know folks keep wanting to pretend we’re delaying pain for an all-in approach this year and next, but we aren’t. It just isn’t true. We continue to navigate the cap very responsibly.

We’re currently scheduled to have $128 million in cap space in 2025, which will be $145 million if we cut Ogbah, $149 million if we cut Jason Sanders, and $165 million if we cut Jalen Ramsey. We have no dead money currently booked for 2025. If we make the three moves I just described, we’d have $7.7 million in dead money.

I know folks keep wanting to pretend we’re delaying pain for an all-in approach this year and next, but we aren’t. It just isn’t true. We continue to navigate the cap very responsibly.
Grier is deservedly divisive but he knows how to manage the cap.

yes but once you take Ogbah out that leave us with 10 players under contract so that 149mill is extremely misleading

we have 172mill of cap space in 2026 with SEVEN players under contract

Spotrac is the largest cap reporting company in the world with info on all sports. Above is what they have for Miami in 2025. You can click on the players name to see the exact contract details.

Where does your info come from?

yes but once you take Ogbah out that leave us with 10 players under contract so that 149mill is extremely misleading

That is not mattering. Point is we owe elders $50 M when chances are great they will be close to worth it. Add in the additional re=restructures we will need next year and 2025 will be a problem, no pretense about it.

That is not mattering. Point is we owe elders $50 M when chances are great they will be close to worth it. Add in the additional re=restructures we will need next year and 2025 will be a problem, no pretense about it.
I think he's agreeing with you. As am I. B/c of the restructures, we're gonna be heavily invested in just a few players which is never a good thing especially so if one of those players isn't even your qb. If it works out like it did for the Rams, then great. But they had to gut their team b/c of it so here's to hoping it works out.

Eagles FA Seumalo, an important part of the best OL signed a 3 year deal for $24M. The $8 M is what I posted for Hunt. They are almost identical except Hunt is 3 years younger.

I think he's agreeing with you. As am I. B/c of the restructures, we're gonna be heavily invested in just a few players which is never a good thing especially so if one of those players isn't even your qb. If it works out like it did for the Rams, then great. But they had to gut their team b/c of it so here's to hoping it works out.
Could be but did not see it that way with the pretense comment. Stars & Scrubs East Coast for a SB works for me.

Some posters just seem to look at the cap in later years and fail to understand that you can’t play with just 7 players under contract. $172 million in cap availability when they will only have 7 players under contract will be gone very quickly once they start resigning players or signing free agents.

Some posters just seem to look at the cap in later years and fail to understand that you can’t play with just 7 players under contract. $172 million in cap availability when they will only have 7 players under contract will be gone very quickly once they start resigning players or signing free agents.
True story. For me it's having NFL old guys costing $50M on our cap which will hurt us.

Eagles FA Seumalo, an important part of the best OL signed a 3 year deal for $24M. The $8 M is what I posted for Hunt. They are almost identical except Hunt is 3 years younger.

This is Hunt's last year in Miami.

Anyone stoked about our future cap situation has much better weed than I do.
Weed Smoking GIF

But you’re failing to take into account the cheap contracts the Dolphins will get due to their current draft capitol.

2023 - 4 picks
2024 - 5 picks
2025 - 8 picks
2026 - 7 picks

That’s 24 players at relatively cheap contracts. Factoring those players in really changes the “7” players under contract argument when looking that far ahead.

Back
Top Bottom