Latest Cap Info | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Cap Info

We’re currently scheduled to have $128 million in cap space in 2025, which will be $145 million if we cut Ogbah, $149 million if we cut Jason Sanders, and $165 million if we cut Jalen Ramsey. We have no dead money currently booked for 2025. If we make the three moves I just described, we’d have $7.7 million in dead money.

I know folks keep wanting to pretend we’re delaying pain for an all-in approach this year and next, but we aren’t. It just isn’t true. We continue to navigate the cap very responsibly.
They are going to beat this dead horse no matter what. I've quit responding about ot to be honest. It's like screaming at clouds.

They are going to beat this dead horse no matter what. I've quit responding about ot to be honest. It's like screaming at clouds.
How does this screaming at clouds work? Sounds very interesting. :cool:

Not a fan of mismanagement either. :cool:
If it were mismanagement they would be penalized. There are work around to the cap that if you’re the cap manager for a team, you should be fired for not taking advantage of unless its breaking the rules.

Same. Too many have zero appreciation for creativity. They want to just scream “cap and Grier sucks” like the sheeple they listen to.

If it were mismanagement they would be penalized. There are work around to the cap that if you’re the cap manager for a team, you should be fired for not taking advantage of unless its breaking the rules.
In my view you could research this further. FWIW

In my view you could research this further. FWIW
What needs to be researched? I told you that the Saints have now for two years in a row found a way to work around being (over that period) an average of $90mm per year over the cap. You referenced mismanagement. They are smart enough to take advantage of the various mechanisms to still be able to do things like the very expensive Carr acquisition. It's not "mismanagement" if they are not breaking the rules which if they were, they would be held accountable for. I stay away from politics but this reminds me of Hillary taking issue with Trump using the bankruptcy laws to his advantage. I'm not going politics but if there are loopholes left to be used by the NFL for team execs to be creative, I feel the people running the team caps have a responsibility to use them to their benefit. It's tax season, don't you want your CPA to be as creative as the laws allow with your money? How is this different?

What needs to be researched? I told you that the Saints have now for two years in a row found a way to work around being (over that period) an average of $90mm per year over the cap. You referenced mismanagement. They are smart enough to take advantage of the various mechanisms to still be able to do things like the very expensive Carr acquisition. It's not "mismanagement" if they are not breaking the rules which if they were, they would be held accountable for. I stay away from politics but this reminds me of Hillary taking issue with Trump using the bankruptcy laws to his advantage. I'm not going politics but if there are loopholes left to be used by the NFL for team execs to be creative, I feel the people running the team caps have a responsibility to use them to their benefit. It's tax season, don't you want your CPA to be as creative as the laws allow with your money? How is this different?
Never mind, pointless. Cheers

Both OTC and Spotrac have us a bit under $4M on the cap which is NFL lunch money. All are included but AVG. It would be good for some to click on and scroll down to see the break at #51 and all the players who do not count.

Hill (31), Ramsey (27), X (23), and Armstead (20) total $105 M NEXT YEAR which is close to half our cap. In 2025 Elders Hill (22), X (16) and Armstead (12) will cost $50 M on the cap This does not include the likely re-restructures for next year.

We need to win in the next two years. I see 2025 as when it will be time to pay the "cap piper."
We better not restructure next year

Here is a very good read from the Rams COO on the cap implications of deferring money to win now. He does this for a living for a NFL team with a recent SB win. He knows the salary cap effects on a team and is living them.

Some may wish to tell him he's wrong and guessing you can find an email to do so. I believe him by knowing better.

Doubt anyone intends to tell the Rams GM he’s wrong. We just haven’t done anything even remotely close to what the Rams did.

The Rams currently owe six players—Matt Stafford, Allen Robinson, Aaron Donald, Rob Havenstein, Joseph Noteboom, and Cooper Kupp—more than $310 million combined in dead money.

Stafford is 35 and washed up. Robinson is turning 30 before the season starts and has already been washed up for two years. Aaron Donald is turning 32 and may retire at any moment. Rob Havenstein has never made a Pro Bowl and is turning 31. Joseph Noteboom has never started 10 or more games in a season, is turning 28, and tore his Achilles in October. Cooper Kupp is turning 30 before the season starts.

As of the start of the 2023 season, the Dolphins will owe more than $10 million in dead money to exactly two players in their 30s: Xavien Howard and Terron Armstead.

Armstead is turning 32, has made 4 of the past 5 Pro Bowls, and is owed $31 million in dead money—less than Rob Havenstein.

Xavien is turning 30 in July, has also made 4 of the past 5 Pro Bowls, was First Team All Pro in 2020, and is owed $33 million in dead money—also less than Havenstein.

We’re currently scheduled to have $128 million in cap space in 2025, which will be $145 million if we cut Ogbah, $149 million if we cut Jason Sanders, and $165 million if we cut Jalen Ramsey. We have no dead money currently booked for 2025. If we make the three moves I just described, we’d have $7.7 million in dead money.

I know folks keep wanting to pretend we’re delaying pain for an all-in approach this year and next, but we aren’t. It just isn’t true. We continue to navigate the cap very responsibly.
Good looks cause thats when 2nd contracts are likely to hit for Tua, Hunt, Wilkins, Holland, Phillips, etc.

All I know is we can win the Superbowl this season, and before they even hoist the trophy somebody will be here screaming "What about next year's salary cap?!!!"

Back
Top Bottom