Latest Cap Info | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Cap Info

But you’re failing to take into account the cheap contracts the Dolphins will get due to their current draft capitol.

2023 - 4 picks
2024 - 5 picks
2025 - 8 picks
2026 - 7 picks

That’s 24 players at relatively cheap contracts. Factoring those players in really changes the “7” players under contract argument when looking that far ahead.
You’re assuming Grier will no longer be trading away draft picks which has been his m.o. since trading up for Waddle.

Overthecap, which continues to be a vastly superior website for NFL salary and salary cap information.

Spotrac projects the 2025 salary cap to be $245 million, which is where their salary cap calculations come from. But that’s not even close. It’s probably going to be higher than that in 2024—it will be higher than that by $20 million or more by 2025. Which Overthecap correctly projects.
jerk-off-masturbate.gif

I've just dropped a wad. LMAOOOOO

$$$$$$ and the lack there of. I don’t even think it will be a question, unless he turns into some kind of elite player that he’s not.

I am not his biggest fan nor am I thrilled he was drafted so high.

I am not thrilled with the entire OL situation.
I see.

Hard for me to jump to that conclusion due to the fact that we have zero idea about what type of $ we are talking about.

Perhaps you are letting your personal dislike affect judgement. Saying "this player will be gone", simply because you didn't like where he was drafted seems......well, overemotional, and illogical.

As far as the player, IMO, he is solid, if not spectacular. I'm not concerned at all about the effectiveness of that particular Oline spot. At least you can pencil him in to be for a competent starter who will likely play the entire season. Can't really say that with much confidence about any other position on that unit aside from Center.

As much trouble as we have fielding a good, healthy line, I would think he is a player worth keeping.

Now, if he is looking for top 5 guard $, that's a different issue.

I see.

Hard for me to jump to that conclusion due to the fact that we have zero idea about what type of $ we are talking about.

Perhaps you are letting your personal dislike affect judgement. Saying "this player will be gone", simply because you didn't like where he was drafted seems......well, overemotional, and illogical.

As far as the player, IMO, he is solid, if not spectacular. I'm not concerned at all about the effectiveness of that particular Oline spot. At least you can pencil him in to be for a competent starter who will likely play the entire season. Can't really say that with much confidence about any other position on that unit aside from Center.

As much trouble as we have fielding a good, healthy line, I would think he is a player worth keeping.

Now, if he is looking for top 5 guard $, that's a different issue.

He’s a non bust but also a non boom either. He’s the kind of player you can let walk, take a comp pick and leave more cushion for Tua, Wilkins as well as the inevitable big contracts of Holland, Phillips and Waddle.

Maybe it comes together for him this year and all that potential becomes a force we can’t afford to part with.

I think that’s a long shot from happening.

As it stands I believe we’re like $46M over next years cap. And I’m well aware of what players we will release that will lop off $40M of that. The rest will be a process to be bring us up to rule.

I think signing him will make everything else harder and he’s just not worth it.

If you can get to sign at like 7.5M AAV right now, that would be another story. But guys drafted in the top 40 that don’t have medical concerns and are deemed solid, will get PAID in FA.

Similar to what Laken Tomlinson got from the Jets last year.

Last edited:
There's good reason for that.......

Ya, because bad teams have a lot of cap space.

That’s the only reason. Which is why Laken Tomlinson is a Jet.

The Guard is usually first to go when money is needed. And on that note, Joe Thuney will be a FA next year. Watch KC take an OG and OT next year.

Fact checking my note about Thuney:

Just looked up KCs cap sitch, it’s not horrible, he may have two years left in KC. I’ve just always come to expect KC to be over the cap but outside of Mahomes and now Jawaan Taylor, they don’t have the high end talent besides Kelce and Chris Jones, who is in his last year under contract.

Last edited:
We have a 3-year window which I’m basing solely on the QB contract:

2023 - rookie deal
2024 - extension year
2025 - first year of the extension (which can be manipulated to be really low)

Obviously if Tua flops then we are back to square one. but as long as he is a quality starter then his salary will be below market which will allow us to spend on other positions.

Once Tia’s extension fully kicks in, if we haven’t drafted well and/or hit some home runs in FA/trades then we may need to reset a bit around Tua

But you’re failing to take into account the cheap contracts the Dolphins will get due to their current draft capitol.

2023 - 4 picks
2024 - 5 picks
2025 - 8 picks
2026 - 7 picks

That’s 24 players at relatively cheap contracts. Factoring those players in really changes the “7” players under contract argument when looking that far ahead.

You think all of those players are gonna make the roster? If they do, that's gonna be a dogsheet roster.

When it comes to flexibility then yes, it's like having a blank canvas......of course I know that by the time the off season comes around before the 2025 season we will have a lot more players under contract than the 10 we have now but of course as the number of players under contract will grow, the amount of cap space will start to go down. Like I said, it'll come down to hitting on your draft picks in order to remain competitive as opposed to maybe winning a SB and then being bad for a long time again
Worry! if we win the big one...nuthin else mattas. NUTHIN.

I fail to accept that our window isn’t ever year.
That kinda talk belongs in lets see...Barfarillo, Bunglez, Viqueens, Punty Mconebar, Cackalacka-crackers, Chokerz, Girthygobblers, Hash-brownBombers, Detoilet 0-16'ers, Glitter-kitties, and da Dirty birds. skrreeeee!

That kinda talk belongs in lets see...Barfarillo, Bunglez, Viqueens, Punty Mconebar, Cackalacka-crackers, Chokerz, Girthygobblers, Hash-brownBombers, Detoilet 0-16'ers, Glitter-kitties, and da Dirty birds. skrreeeee!
Do your real life acquaintances find you amusing?...........LMAO.....

One thing that I think bears mentioning is that our draft class this year will cost... effectively nothing.

Last year, we took Tindall late in the late third and his cap cost this year is a tiny 1.1M... and since drafting and signing our #2 and #3 this year will force our 51st and 50th rated players off of our top 51 players. Hell... the 6th and 7th rounders won't even be in the top 51. (Thompson from last year is currently 51).

So... the Byron Jones money will become 90% working capital; only our second rounder will cost us anything (and we may trade that). We'll be able to spend (or not) all of it on FAs or even roll it over into next year.

...and yes, we could gain more by trading Wilson or extending Wilkins, but we won't NEED to do either.

Back
Top Bottom