Latest Draft Network Mock-- Tua to Carolina | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Draft Network Mock-- Tua to Carolina

Dobbins is the only back I would pull the trigger on in the first. While some might not be happy if this mock came to fruition, I actually would be quite pleased.

Big if, and under the scenario that was proposed, Carolina gave a ton.
They didnt give up that much, looks big at first glance... They give up their 1st pick and a future 1st... That part can be matched by the Fins with #5 and # 39, then there are the 2nd rounders, one of which is in 2022, So Fins can easily match with a 2021 2nd and a current 3rd or vice versa if they bark at it...

Fins dont even lose a 1st in this case except for the one they use to pick the player...

They didnt give up that much, looks big at first glance... They give up their 1st pick and a future 1st... That part can be matched by the Fins with #5 and # 39, then there are the 2nd rounders, one of which is in 2022, So Fins can easily match with a 2021 2nd and a current 3rd or vice versa if they bark at it...

Fins dont even lose a 1st in this case except for the one they use to pick the player...
Oh, we can match virtually any other offer. That doesn't mean we would, or that it's a good idea.

Boy do I dislike the alleged ‘consolation’ prize in this mock. :(

I‘d very much prefer Isaiah Simmons or Jeffrey Okudah or Derrick Brown. Or trade down to get one of the tackles while adding some additional capital.

Where I sorta disagree that it’s realistic is, if Carolina is going to give all that up to move up to 3 — wouldn’t make a bit more sense to go all the way and trade up to #1 for the QB Joe Brady has already worked well with?
I could see Flores falling in love with Brown or Simmons.

Its possible Miami could take one of those players and move back up for a quarterback. Seems like a long-shot, but the team has the picks to make things happen.

If they decide Tua is too big of an injury risk, I think virtually anything is on the table.

Its possible Miami could take one of those players and move back up for a quarterback. Seems like a long-shot, but the team has the picks to make things happen.

If they decide Tua is too big of an injury risk, I think virtually anything is on the table.
Love is probably the only guy they would trade up for. Herbert will be gone.

Ehh doubt that happens. Just makes it more obvious that we are going to have to trade up for Tua.

Love is probably the only guy they would trade up for. Herbert will be gone.
Right. I was thinking in terms of Love or maybe Eason. Of course, they could go quarterback first and trade up for another player. All options are on the table, which should make the draft a lot of fun this year.

I would be really unhappy with that 1st round.

I would be fine with Wirfs(although missing Kinlaw by one spot would be infuriating) and I don't hate Herbert, but I don't love him either.

Not to mention drafting a RB at 26.

The earliest I am willing to take a RB is at #70 and I probably wold be able to find a better option there as well.

Build a goddamn OL and then put a solid backs behind it.

To be clear, my comment was based solely upon that mock and who was available to them at 5. I‘d certainly be ok with Tua there. But not Herbert. That’s where those other names come into play.

God if we end up with Herbert at #5.... Well just be prepared for 6 or 7 years similar to Tannehill, mediocrity and this entire staff will be gone after 2 or 3 years, rinse and repeat.

The results might be similar but it would never extend 6 or 7 years. Nobody waits that long on a quarterback. The Dolphins decided to place it in the memory bank. That's why it receives undue reference and fear.

Herbert absolutely looks like a guy who could tease and stall. I'd prefer Jordan Love. Higher upside and you'll know one way or another quickly.

Heck, draft both of them. I'll never understand this notion of drafting only one quarterback just because only one can start. In 2012 the Dolphins picked three spots ahead of Seattle in the third round. Maybe that turns into Russell Wilson instead of Olivier Vernon if not for this nonsense chess piece philosophy of filling here and filling there. I'm already seeing that chess piece nonsense in the free agent thread instead of smartly trying to go 2-0

A couple of things. First, it'd not cost us as much to move up as it would cost Carolina as they're further down. Having said that I'd not give up anything near that to move up two spots.

The other thing is about drafting a RB in the first round. People that say they would never draft a RB in the first round need to think before they speak. Would you never draft Walter Payton in the 1st round? How about Jim Brown? I could go on but you get the point. This team needs a top RB almost as bad as we need a QB. A top RB would be great for a young QB. People think it's so easy to get a good RB in the later rounds but when you have a great talent there like Dobbins then why wait till the 3rd day?

To be clear, my comment was based solely upon that mock and who was available to them at 5. I‘d certainly be ok with Tua there. But not Herbert. That’s where those other names come into play.
Oh, okay. I have some reservations on Herbert as well. Doesn't seem like he has great anticipation. I do think he can improve in a lot of areas with NFL coaching, but I don't know if you can get much better at anticipation. Maybe part of it was playing in a system that didn't really use his talents very well. He did play a strong game in the Senior Bowl.

A couple of things. First, it'd not cost us as much to move up as it would cost Carolina as they're further down. Having said that I'd not give up anything near that to move up two spots.

The other thing is about drafting a RB in the first round. People that say they would never draft a RB in the first round need to think before they speak. Would you never draft Walter Payton in the 1st round? How about Jim Brown? I could go on but you get the point. This team needs a top RB almost as bad as we need a QB. A top RB would be great for a young QB. People think it's so easy to get a good RB in the later rounds but when you have a great talent there like Dobbins then why wait till the 3rd day?

I agree with all of this. Herbert? I mean that is a lot for Tua. A healthy Tua? No problem. But this version? Wirfs and Dobbins. Those are arguably the best at their position in this draft. We need talent. Its not like either QB can help us next yr. but man that infusion of talent with a QB to groom that has tools? I mean for a little more Burrow may be available if Cinci senses he doesn't want to be there. Well at least the combine is coming up.

Back
Top Bottom