Latest Draft Network Mock-- Tua to Carolina | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Latest Draft Network Mock-- Tua to Carolina

Carolina are at the start of a huge rebuild, under a new HC with a very long and expensive contract. This is never going to happen, they will not mortgage their future to this degree, they need to be accumulating draft picks right now, not the other way around. If I were a betting man, I would put money on them getting their QB of the future next year, and he might have long hair and play in orange in their home state already. I could see Carolina actually trading down before they trade up.

This is the time of year mockers are looking to mix things up a little, I respect the guys on that web site but they know that if they keep picking the same guys at the top of their drafts everytime , no one is going to bother to turn up to check out what they write.

I'm pretty confident Tua will be a fin somehow or someway, a lot of noise right now that that won't happen, which is entirely part of this process, it's the worst kept secret in the NFL.

TDN fire did many mock drafts out that a lot of them are situational or ‘what would happen if’ rather than being an actual prediction.

This is not a realistic situation; if the Dolphins want Tua they will get him, if the team that is desperate for him decides he isn’t worth trading up for then no other team will.

I'm not sold on Tua at 5, but wouldn't be unhappy with it. But if Tua is gone there's a few players I'd much rather draft than Herbert at 5...
OLB/SS Simmons, DL Brown (imagine our DL with Brown, Godchaux, and Wilkins), or the best OL. Even a Trade back preferred here over Herbert. I think there's too much risk and too many good QB's in next years draft or later in this draft.

Dobbins is the only back I would pull the trigger on in the first. While some might not be happy if this mock came to fruition, I actually would be quite pleased.
I LOVE Dobbins to Miami... But I really like Swift too. I think Swift will be electric but burn out sooner, Dobbins will play for a long time IMO barring a freak injury. Dobbins doesn't let defenders get a piece of him very often.

BTW - Lots of noise that the Colts will sign Phillip Rivers and go QB later in draft. That would take away one of the biggest trade up threats.

Ben Solak. Go back to school your grammar is worse than Kev’s said the grammar police

This was click bait material at its finest

That would be an amazing heist by Detroit!

Nothing like trading up for a crippled midget!

Brilliant!

Boy do I dislike the alleged ‘consolation’ prize in this mock. :(

I‘d very much prefer Isaiah Simmons or Jeffrey Okudah or Derrick Brown. Or trade down to get one of the tackles while adding some additional capital.

Where I sorta disagree that it’s realistic is, if Carolina is going to give all that up to move up to 3 — wouldn’t make a bit more sense to go all the way and trade up to #1 for the QB Joe Brady has already worked well with?
True, plus if you give Cincy a ton of picks you can still get those players a few years down the road when they botch all of their development! Win/ win.

God if we end up with Herbert at #5.... Well just be prepared for 6 or 7 years similar to Tannehill, mediocrity and this entire staff will be gone after 2 or 3 years, rinse and repeat.
Yeah because that's how the world works. "He has a comp of RT, so that means he'll fail with this new coaching staff, will always be almost good enough and end up being traded to Tennessee and taking them to the AFC championship in 7 years. Hey this draft **** is super easy!

With the warning the Lions owner put out there the Lions would be smart to trade back and strengthen their draft capital for the future …. that type of trade may take some heat off the coaching staff
What's the warning he put out? Seems counterproductive to trade back on order to save your job. Usually they try and get impact players that can help them save the next season, not look down the road.

Back
Top Bottom