Law to Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Law to Miami?

phinsforever

rookie
Reaction score
Won't let me post link, but it is in today's Boston's globe, football, page 4(bottom of page)
I know the price tag could be excessive, but Law is a prototypical Saban corner.

If this is true we're talking about somebody way better than surtain when healthy.

:evil:

Two things would have to happen if Ty Law were to come to Miami. He'd have to be healthy and he'd have to have an AFFORDABLE contract. I really don't see either happen to be perfectly honest.

I can't see it happening. I don't know what Law's condition is but I wouldn't mind it that's for sure. Law certainly has been out on the market for a long time and his value is much lower now that the draft has passes and K.C. didn't want him.

Here is the snippet:

Miami may be the place for Law

Ty Law can all but count out Kansas City as a possible landing place. The Chiefs were interested in the free agent cornerback before acquiring Patrick Surtain, but with what the Postons are asking for Law, they've lost interest. Many believe he'll end up in Pittsburgh or with the Jets, but don't count out Miami, where he'd only have to drive a few minutes to practice. One AFC personnel man with knowledge of Law's health and demands predicted that the four-time Pro Bowl selection will fare well after June 1 but not as well as he hopes. "There will be a lot of demand for a player like Ty," he said. "He's still one of the best corners in football when he's healthy and there's no reason to believe he won't be healthy. If he thinks he'll get a contract like Surtain's, he's wrong, but what's wrong with Ken Lucas money [about $6.5 million]? What else is he going to do in life to get paid like that?"

Law would be an optimal replacement if healthy...even a one year rental would be fine...though he's gettin a little old for that.

Article says KC is no longer interested. Jets and Steelers are front runners, but he could land in Aqua and Orange since he lives in area. One AFC personnel man said he won't get Surtain numbers for contract, but that he should still fare well.

coach72 said:
If this is true we're talking about somebody way better than surtain when healthy.

:evil:

Were you saying this before Surtain got traded??? I'm sorry Law is good and all but I honestly don't think he touches Surtain. Surtain was one of the most underrated players in the league IMO. but I will say he does fit Saban's D well, assuming we dont go with man coverage, which we all know wont happen.

I hope we don't do it. Although I'm quite concerned over our loss of CB depth, we need to think long term. A reason we traded Surtain was to clear up cap money so that we could sign McMichael and others and be more active in free agency in the future. I think Saban needs to evalutate the team--it's strengths and weaknesses--before making another committment to a major free agency player. This season will be his evaluation period.

phinsforever said:
Won't let me post link, but it is in today's Boston's globe, football, page 4(bottom of page)
I know the price tag could be excessive, but Law is a prototypical Saban corner.

Everyone under 50 posts take note. This is how you link when you can't link.

Thank you sir.

I'd personally love to have ty law, but i seriously doubt it will happen
but who knows...

And we have an extra 6.5million where.. Not going to happen if he wants that much he won't want to sign a 1 year deal either.

The only way it would happen is if he and Saban sat down and knocked out maybe a one year deal with an injury clause in it of some sort.. Give him a 1 year contract, let him show the rest of the league his foot is healed and then he can go seek a big contract next offseason if he returns to form... then we'll have Poole back for next season... I just don't know if Ty would be interested in that (I don't know his other options at this point), and I don't know if Saban's is reacting like we are in thinking we actually NEED someone.. For all we know Nick is fine with Reggie and Travis and Mario fighting for that position.. stay tuned, ...

Law's still in a freakin' wheelchair. Plus, I doubt he'll be the same when he comes back. I'll pass.

I see about a 1% chance of it happening.

Back
Top Bottom