League Wide Cuts Thread (non-dolphins) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League Wide Cuts Thread (non-dolphins)

Not sure of the legal ramifications or if he'll be available. They said he cooperated with authorities

I'd sign him depending on the outlook of the investigation. If it's going to just be a fine, then we should jump all over that.

If you can return the money gained and snitch on some people you could get off with a good lawyer. State attorney might want to make an example out of this guy though.

"Insider trading can be punished strictly by civil sanctions, or involve criminal prosecution, or both. Federal law authorizes what are known as “treble” damages if the SEC brings a civil action against you for violating insider trading rules. This means the amount you can be fined can be up to three times the amount of profits gained or losses avoided"

Last edited:
The positive is if he does get off and is allowed to play this season, he'll be even cheaper than the $2 mil (thereabouts) deal he signed with Cleveland. Vet minimum probably. He's not a great LB by any stretch but he'd help the Dolphins this season and be uber affordable (might even be able to get away with one of those incentive based contracts where he has to play a certain amount of snaps/games ... not sure how that works though) so the downside is basically non existent.

I know nothing about the case/charges so we'll see how it shakes out.

No thank you. From what I've read this was hardly a one-time mistake. It went on over at least a couple of years and included payoffs from Kendricks to his tipster, and direct lies from Kendricks to the Browns regarding his involvement and culpability, when Cleveland was considering him during the free agency process.

Let's see if this is somehow viewed as less damning than taking a knee

Seems like a kinda player we'd cut this past off-season for the "culture."

I read he's looking at an 8 to 10 month sentence. Likely he'll have a shot at returning in 2019, but I'm sure this season is a no go. If he wants to appear like he's taking the situation seriously he would be wise to put football aside and focus on his legal issue. And from a team standpoint how focused to you think a player can be when he has a likely prison sentence in his near future? Not to mention the unneeded publicity.

At least he took responsibility. Not really blaming anybody but himself. And that he can move from this afterwards.

Dude going to the booty house.

Then again, every member of Congress participates in this but its legal?

AFC East wise the Jets cut 7 players so far this morning and the Patriots traded a player:

* OT Antonio "Tony" Garcia cut
* DL Xavier Cooper cut
* FB Dimitri Flowers cut
* WR Charles Johnson cut
* OL Darius James cut
* OL Gino Gradkowski cut
* OLB Obum Gwachum cut

***** The Patriots traded their former 2nd round safety this morning as well sending Jordan Richards to the Falcons

Also:

* Cardinals announced they released RB Darius Victor as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom