Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leave The Dolphins Alone,let The Dolphins Tank In Peace

Chiefs got Mahomes at 10 no tank
Eagles got Wentz by trading up no tank
Houston drafted Watson 12th no tank
Seahawks drafted Wilson pick 75 no tank

Who are these Superbowl champions that built their team by tanking. Many teams made trades to make things happen. We could have traded up to take Mahomes, Watson or Wentz or whomever. Our bad free agent, drafting, GM choices, coaching are what have doomed us not our inability to tank.
Why is it so hard for fans to understand this,
You sir hit the nail on the head.

Who are these Superbowl champions that built their team by tanking. Many teams made trades to make things happen. We could have traded up to take Mahomes, Watson or Wentz or whomever. Our bad free agent, drafting, GM choices, coaching are what have doomed us not our inability to tank.

Colts got Luck. Pretty sure a super bowl will come for them. Panthers got Newton. Super Bowl appearance. Cleveland got Mayfield. Pretty sure all these teams would have done it the same way. If you think another 6-10 or 7-9 season is what this team needs than that's fine. More than one way to do this. Just think getting a top 3 pick this year would make the process a lot easier. We don't have to trade up and mortgage picks on a team that needs as many as it can it.

I agree with the narrative of taking 3 steps back. But tanking is such a negative connotation for doing the right thing. I don’t consider hiring Flores as consciously ****ting the bed. I don’t consider any of these FA period decisions as tanking. You can actually decide to hit the reset button and perhaps decide to have a vision without being considered as having this narrow franchise QB obsession. Suddenly nobody wants Rosen and has a hard-on for Mahomes. Pump your brakes

I've been driving the tank train but when I say that I don't mean lose on purpose or throw games...just treat the regular season like 16 preseason games...experiment...try new schemes week to week...if you fall into a win or 2 so be it

Colts got Luck. Pretty sure a super bowl will come for them. Panthers got Newton. Super Bowl appearance. Cleveland got Mayfield. Pretty sure all these teams would have done it the same way. If you think another 6-10 or 7-9 season is what this team needs than that's fine. More than one way to do this. Just think getting a top 3 pick this year would make the process a lot easier. We don't have to trade up and mortgage picks on a team that needs as many as it can it.

I think you need good GM and good coaching if you have that it takes care of itself as I was pulling out the teams that won the super bowls and that always contenders did not tank. Colts have been up and down and are not over all that talented they do have a great quarterback same with Panthers although I'm not even sure you could call Cam Newton the great quarterback. My point was none of the super bowl champions that you can name in the last decade have done it by tanking. Can't think of any teams that made a dynasty by tank in the first place.

I've been driving the tank train but when I say that I don't mean lose on purpose or throw games...just treat the regular season like 16 preseason games...experiment...try new schemes week to week...if you fall into a win or 2 so be it

I don't know about treating games like preseason but certainly start to experiment with installing their hybrid system. What sucks is that we don't have the personnel. Either we'll draft for it or they'll have to get creative.

We need a NT and a DE that can play the 3/4.

I'm apparently more concerned than you an others about 'experimenting.' RF can win games. we can argue over whether that's two or 6, but he can win. Experimenting means teams week to week don't know what Flores will do. Experimenting means taking chances, some of which may work quite well.

And I agree, neither the coaches or players will TRY to lose. Just the opposite. I'm not predicting the AFCE title, but I won't be surprised at 2 wins or 6.

This team right now not going to win. Now after the draft and some free agents pick up a that might change. Both lines are thin as soup, recieve rs are injury prone, tight ends meh, Drake imo cannot carry the team like a Ricky Williams. The defense other than the backfield does not offer much. Special teams no Rizzi just another question mark at best. Rookie head coach coming from a club where every other assistant coach has come from to be a head coach have pretty much failed. Ha not the odds you want to enter a dog fight with.

Nope, right as rain. Everything posted is indisputable. Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts.
Thanks.

It’s incredibly rare that individuals actually present in the Miami Dolphins War Room grace us at FH with their insight and indisputable retelling of events as they occurrred.

*dripping sarcasm meter returned to off position

All four of those teams were at least above average when they selected those QBs, which means they didn't have holes to fill at pretty much every position like the Dolphins do now. And the jury is still out on whether Watson or Wentz are truly franchise QBs or whether they're both just somewhere above average, much less whether they'll be able to stay healthy.

Whatever the case, the point is to figure out what to do now and I say unless someone falls to us that the FO really thinks is going to be a star, pick the best player at another impact position that's available. The fact is, the guy could be the second coming of Pat Mahomes and he isn't going to be able to do much for at least three years with the amount of time it'll take to build a halfway decent team around him, especially given that you used a first round pick this year to get him.

“Tanking” for a QB works. It worked for the Rams who almost won the SB after years of terrible football and it worked for the Eagles who didn’t win the SB with their pick, but his performance the bulk of the season got them in position to win it.

It’s not even the tanking as much as the acquisition of lots of draft picks so you can trade up and get the guy you want. So that is why I put it in quotes. Basically the plan is to free up cash by not overpaying for anyone. Lose expensive guys in free agency and acquire compensation picks for them and then build the trenches up and get a solid defense in place in your down years.

This sets the stage for being able to move up 3-5 spots in the draft and get the guy you want at QB when the time comes. Now you have your QB playing behind a solid OL, with a legit defense on the other side of the ball. You also have a ton of money too spend in free agency since your QB is on a rookie contract and you dont have to blow your salary on that position.

Now you have a chance to win every week as long as that QB pans out. It also worked for the Seahawks as well.

So the Dolphins can say they are not tanking, because it is true. They are not. They are simply rebuilding a team and acquiring enough assets to still get the QB they want if they happen to win 4-5 games next season.

Back
Top Bottom