Leaving A Lasting Impression | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leaving A Lasting Impression

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Marshall signed with the Dolphins as an unrestricted free agent on March 14 after completing his first season with the Cardinals. After spending the first five seasons of his career with Carolina, Marshall had joined Arizona last summer after the end of the lockout.

“Very good season,” Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Ken Whisenhunt said when asked to assess Marshall’s performance in 2011. “He came in on short notice and did a lot of things for us. He played well. Physical. A very good player. We were disappointed to lose him and I know that he’ll do a good job for Miami. But I have a tremendous amount of respect for that young man and what he did for us.”

Marshall started at left cornerback for Arizona in the last nine games of the season after first coming off the bench. He finished with three interceptions and two sacks among his 62 tackles.

He also filled in safety when the Cardinals were dealing with injury issues at the position.

“He did a number of different things for us, whether it was corner or nickel or even some looks at safety,” Whisenhunt said. “Everybody’s defensive scheme is different, but he’s very versatile and I think he has a good feel for the game and can play a bunch of different spots for you.”
Read more:http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...pression/0cb237d9-22db-4d0d-a735-6a3613c1accd

Went to quite a few Cardinals games last year. Marshall was a solid corner and did a nice job filling in at safety

Back
Top Bottom