Lebron to return to Cavaliers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lebron to return to Cavaliers

To me, the letter would concern me less than everything else Gilbert has done.

His team has had almost as many coaches over the last few years as the Heat have had Final appearances. The way hes handled the GM position isnt much better. His antics during the NBA lockout reeked of vindictiveness. And yes, while the content of the letter wouldnt concern me all that much, his boasting and grieving about it at any given moment was ridiculous. I absolutely loved how he made this huge deal about how he just so gosh darn regrets keeping that letter up on the website for 4 ****ing years....a few days after his lackeys insisted that they had no idea the letter was still on the website because they deleted it, no-really-we-totally-did-please-stop-laughing. That this circus went on a few months after Gilbert proudly declared he had zero regrets concerning the letter is even more hilarious.
Owners are, of course, some of the most successful people in the world and, as such, can have a tendency to want to play with "their toy" and do whatever the hell they want. Gilbert takes that attitude to an extreme. He wants what he wants and who gives a **** who gets burned in the process and if you dont let him get what he wants he will make you pay and if you have a problem with that than **** you.

As others have stated, its a night and day difference between the Heat and Cavs. I'll be the first to admit the Heat's roster had some problems(not that anyone could deny it after the epic beat down the Spurs gave us only a few weeks ago). But to me the situation is simple: who can you trust with your career? Pat Riley and Mickey Arson or Dan Gilbert? Even with the shape of the roster, thats a no brainer. Its a lot easier to fill out a roster than to become a competent owner and decent human being.

LeBron has chosen to go back to a dysfunctional environment. After the years he gave us i wish him the best. But if his desire was to compete for championships then, obviously, i think he made a mistake. If Blatt can survive there i suspect the Cavs can finally win a ring...but its going to take time if it happens at all. And all bets are off if they trade away Wiggins, which they are rumored to be considering. As i said elsewhere, i like Love as much as everyone else, but you dont trade a potential stud like Wiggins. Especially when you have all the leverage. Then again, its not hard to imagine that happening as: Cleveland gonn' Cleveland. Good luck James.

I think Vaark's sig says it all in a nutshell . As far as James coming back if things don't work out just like Motel 6 ... we'll leave the lights on for you.

I'm not sure the Cavs win a title in 2 years.

Anthony Bennett has done next to zero in his rookie year.

Kyrie is very good, but not yet great.

Andrew Wiggins is still an unknown at the pro level.

The youngest team to make the finals was the 2012 OKC thunder and they got the **** beaten out of them.

To me, the letter would concern me less than everything else Gilbert has done.

His team has had almost as many coaches over the last few years as the Heat have had Final appearances. The way hes handled the GM position isnt much better. His antics during the NBA lockout reeked of vindictiveness. And yes, while the content of the letter wouldnt concern me all that much, his boasting and grieving about it at any given moment was ridiculous. I absolutely loved how he made this huge deal about how he just so gosh darn regrets keeping that letter up on the website for 4 ****ing years....a few days after his lackeys insisted that they had no idea the letter was still on the website because they deleted it, no-really-we-totally-did-please-stop-laughing. That this circus went on a few months after Gilbert proudly declared he had zero regrets concerning the letter is even more hilarious.
Owners are, of course, some of the most successful people in the world and, as such, can have a tendency to want to play with "their toy" and do whatever the hell they want. Gilbert takes that attitude to an extreme. He wants what he wants and who gives a **** who gets burned in the process and if you dont let him get what he wants he will make you pay and if you have a problem with that than **** you.

As others have stated, its a night and day difference between the Heat and Cavs. I'll be the first to admit the Heat's roster had some problems(not that anyone could deny it after the epic beat down the Spurs gave us only a few weeks ago). But to me the situation is simple: who can you trust with your career? Pat Riley and Mickey Arson or Dan Gilbert? Even with the shape of the roster, thats a no brainer. Its a lot easier to fill out a roster than to become a competent owner and decent human being.

LeBron has chosen to go back to a dysfunctional environment. After the years he gave us i wish him the best. But if his desire was to compete for championships then, obviously, i think he made a mistake. If Blatt can survive there i suspect the Cavs can finally win a ring...but its going to take time if it happens at all. And all bets are off if they trade away Wiggins, which they are rumored to be considering. As i said elsewhere, i like Love as much as everyone else, but you dont trade a potential stud like Wiggins. Especially when you have all the leverage. Then again, its not hard to imagine that happening as: Cleveland gonn' Cleveland. Good luck James.

Wiggins looks to be at least two years away from pushing for an All Star spot. Better athlete than Parker, but Parker is clearly the better player at this point. If you're Cleveland, you're guaranteed Lebron for two seasons, and if he doesn't have success (making/winning Finals), he might not stay. Irving, Lebron, and Love is a better Big 3 than Miami had - especially toward the end, when Wade's age became apparent. If you're Cleveland, it's a move you almost have to make.

I do agree that it's crazy for Lebron to return to a place that treated him with such contempt, and that the owner is an ass, but from Cleveland's perspective, you have to be in win-now mode.

Wiggins looks to be at least two years away from pushing for an All Star spot. Better athlete than Parker, but Parker is clearly the better player at this point. If you're Cleveland, you're guaranteed Lebron for two seasons, and if he doesn't have success (making/winning Finals), he might not stay. Irving, Lebron, and Love is a better Big 3 than Miami had - especially toward the end, when Wade's age became apparent. If you're Cleveland, it's a move you almost have to make.

I do agree that it's crazy for Lebron to return to a place that treated him with such contempt, and that the owner is an ass, but from Cleveland's perspective, you have to be in win-now mode.

I think he got a player option on the second year. Lebron is in complete control of that franchise and can hold their feet to the fire from day one.

I see the real reason lebron left. Dan gilbert is his bitch. Lebron is effectively the GM of Cleveland. Now we learn wiggins is available? Few days ago cleveland said wiggins was off limits. Looks like lebron said I want love for wiggins.

Pat Riley wouldnt let lebron control the roster so he left. Historically players are horrible talent evaluators lets see how this works out for bron bron

Back
Top Bottom