Lee Evans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans

I think we'll be able to contain Spiller. Last year we held Chris Johnson to a 3.6 avg. He gained 104 yds, but it was on 29 attempts. This was all with a much, much worse off run D than right now.

You must have missed the part where I said he is FINALLY showing up in our offense. He's locked down the slot receiver role and I guarantee you that he will have more than 3 catches on Sunday. Good luck to your linebackers trying to catch him. Especially if they aren't completely healthy.
He had 3 receptions for the ENTIRE year last year. I doubt he gets any on Sunday. Your receivers are are one of the worst groups in the entire league. I don't think our defense is really shaking that much. You are banking on Evans, who lets face it has underachieved his whole career, Parrish who had three total catches last season, Steve Johnson who had two receptions last season and two undrafted rookies. Not a lot of substance.

Actually Jackson was back practicing this week, and if I remember correctly he averaged 4.7 and 4.9 yards per carry against you guys with 2 TDs the last time you saw him. Lynch blows? Yeah ok, he's just a probowl running back that punishes people when they try to tackle him and has 2 1000 yard seasons under his belt already. If thats your idea of bad, then I'll take it. CJ is not afraid of contact and it will be hilarious watching your guys try to tackle him from behind.

We have the best RB's in the AFC east.
Jackson - Despite practicing, reports say he still may not play

Lynch - Was pretty bad last season. He had 450 yards and averaged only 3.8 yards per carry. In two games against the Dolphins last season, he had ten total rushing yards. TEN.

Spiller - He is a rookie who flashed in meaningless preseason games. He has yet to take a real snap yet and he is small. Can he handle a full load?

Best running backs in the AFC East? That is laughable. I think any fan, besides a Bills fan, would take Ricky, Ronnie and Patrick over your trio any day of the week.

I wouldn't use the Kansas City experience as evidence he can pull this off. He was demoted in KC and that's how Buffalo got him. Again, I'm not picking on him - it's just too much to ask from Chan Gailey.

Back to the NFL (2008-2009)

Gailey was hired on January 16, 2008 to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs. Gailey inherited a Chiefs offense that ranked at the bottom of the league in almost every category the previous season.[14] He was demoted after three pre-season games in 2009 and relieved of play-calling duties by head coach Todd Haley.[15] Gailey was out of football in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

Thats my point though. He inherited an awful offense, worse than ours and made it productive. He literally turned nothing into something. The reason he was let go was due to Haley. He wanted to run the show there thats it. Also, even Jerry Jones stated he regretted letting Chan go from Dallas and that it was a mistake.

I know you're not picking on him, but we are excited to finally have a real coach that doesn't read his players bedtime stories and gives them time off to bond every week. Jauron was that bad.

Jackson - Despite practicing, reports say he still may not play

Lynch - Was pretty bad last season. He had 450 yards and averaged only 3.8 yards per carry. In two games against the Dolphins last season, he had ten total rushing yards. TEN.

Spiller - He is a rookie who flashed in meaningless preseason games. He has yet to take a real snap yet and he is small. Can he handle a full load?

Best running backs in the AFC East? That is laughable. I think any fan, besides a Bills fan, would take Ricky, Ronnie and Patrick over your trio any day of the week.

Lynch was suspended last year for the first 4 games for being an idiot and when he came back Freddy was clearly running the show. Jauron is a dumb *** and pretty much didnt utilize Lynch except to spell Jackson from time to time. Lynch got fat, and was uninterested. This year though, beast mode is finally back. You will find out.

And to be honest, and this is not a knock on your RB's but our guys are going to be one of our greatest assets. We have great depth and Spiller is just icing on the cake. Who care's if the games were meaningless???? He still flashed brilliance against NFL starting defenses. He's one of those guys that can take it to the house whenever the football is in his hands. A lot of people have him as OROY. We shall see sunday. :)

Actually Jackson was back practicing this week, and if I remember correctly he averaged 4.7 and 4.9 yards per carry against you guys with 2 TDs the last time you saw him. Lynch blows? Yeah ok, he's just a probowl running back that punishes people when they try to tackle him and has 2 1000 yard seasons under his belt already. If thats your idea of bad, then I'll take it. CJ is not afraid of contact and it will be hilarious watching your guys try to tackle him from behind.

We have the best RB's in the AFC east.

Jackson wont be back for a while. Sorry. No need to defend Jackson, like I said, I actually think hes your best back. Measuring a running back based on 1,000 yard seasons is an old argument, seems like every running back is doing that these days. You seem to like Lynch more than the Bills FO. Theyve been trying to trade him all off season but no takers. We have the better Oline, Ronnie will be healthy for atleast 1 week so hes automatically the best back in this game and Ricky is the ageless wonder. So I'm sorry, but the Dolphins reign supreme when it comes to running backs in the AFC East!

I think we'll be able to contain Spiller. Last year we held Chris Johnson to a 3.6 avg. He gained 104 yds, but it was on 29 attempts. This was all with a much, much worse off run D than right now.

See now that can be worrisome for bills fans lol! Lets just say I hope spiller keeps your defense honest.

Thats my point though. He inherited an awful offense, worse than ours and made it productive. He literally turned nothing into something. The reason he was let go was due to Haley. He wanted to run the show there thats it. Also, even Jerry Jones stated he regretted letting Chan go from Dallas and that it was a mistake.

I know you're not picking on him, but we are excited to finally have a real coach that doesn't read his players bedtime stories and gives them time off to bond every week. Jauron was that bad.
While you could argue the OL was equally bad I would say that Thigpen made the limited success KC had possible. The Bills don't have a QB that can pull that off now.

Seriously the Bils are a complete joke. It all started with the draft. Everybody and their mother KNEW this team NEEDED a LT desperately, and what do they do? they go with a running back, a "luxury back" i should say. They draft a position which is the deepest on their team! They have one deep threat but no qb or oline to give time to get him the ball. They have no other receivers whatsoever. They lost their best defensive coach and completely switched to a 3-4 which they dont have the personnel for. Theyre star player, Byrd, is battling a bad groin which is never a good thing. Theyre QB is a joke. They play some games in Canada... CANADA!

Jackson wont be back for a while. Sorry. No need to defend Jackson, like I said, I actually think hes your best back. Measuring a running back based on 1,000 yard seasons is an old argument, seems like every running back is doing that these days. You seem to like Lynch more than the Bills FO. Theyve been trying to trade him all off season but no takers. We have the better Oline, Ronnie will be healthy for atleast 1 week so hes automatically the best back in this game and Ricky is the ageless wonder. So I'm sorry, but the Dolphins reign supreme when it comes to running backs in the AFC East!

OH, Jackson wont be back for sure? Funny, I just watched Gaileys press conference and he said the way things were looking Freddy should be ready for week one.

And since when is a 1,000 yard season meaningless? Because the Bills did it last year? Whatever dude. Go ahead and trash our OL all you want but we still produced a good rushing attack last year. Want to know who DIDNT???

Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Indy
Philly
San Diego

And the list goes on and on. But I got tired of looking. You may have better tackles than us, but our interiour is solid! Our rushing attack will be even better this year. Oh, and the media played up a Lynch trade throughout the entire offseason. If the front office wanted him gone, he would be. Nix has said from day 1, that he was not trading Lynch away.

I promise, Ronnie Brown will not be the best running back in the game on Sunday.

The funny thing is, if Evans does burn us for a touchdown (he is good enough to do so), whoever is on him will be the worst corner ever, according to some members of finheaven.

OH, Jackson wont be back for sure? Funny, I just watched Gaileys press conference and he said the way things were looking Freddy should be ready for week one.

And since when is a 1,000 yard season meaningless? Because the Bills did it last year? Whatever dude. Go ahead and trash our OL all you want but we still produced a good rushing attack last year. Want to know who DIDNT???

Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Indy
Philly
San Diego

And the list goes on and on. But I got tired of looking. You may have better tackles than us, but our interiour is solid! Our rushing attack will be even better this year. Oh, and the media played up a Lynch trade throughout the entire offseason. If the front office wanted him gone, he would be. Nix has said from day 1, that he was not trading Lynch away.

I promise, Ronnie Brown will not be the best running back in the game on Sunday.

Brown may not be the best back on Sunday, it might be Ricky.

Lynch was suspended last year for the first 4 games for being an idiot and when he came back Freddy was clearly running the show. Jauron is a dumb *** and pretty much didnt utilize Lynch except to spell Jackson from time to time. Lynch got fat, and was uninterested. This year though, beast mode is finally back. You will find out.

And to be honest, and this is not a knock on your RB's but our guys are going to be one of our greatest assets. We have great depth and Spiller is just icing on the cake. Who care's if the games were meaningless???? He still flashed brilliance against NFL starting defenses. He's one of those guys that can take it to the house whenever the football is in his hands. A lot of people have him as OROY. We shall see sunday. :)

Sorry bro - "Beast Mode" is reserved for this WR that caught 100 passes in three straight seasons. His name escapes me.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Brown may not be the best back on Sunday, it might be Ricky.

I'm fine with either being the best back -- so long as they both average 4.5+ yards per carry!

Lee always burns you for 1 TD, but I think you will have to stop our running backs even more than Lee. And when you focus on our monsters in the backfield, someone else is bound to make a play. I'm banking on Roscoe. He's fiiiiiinally showing up with a coach that knows what it means to have an actual NFL playbook.

are you the homer that was claiming Lynch, Jackson, and Spiller are the better running backs than Ricky and Ronnie???? pffft lol your ground attack and "monsters" arent as effective as the Ricky and Ronnie show, and Your D cannot stop the run effectively, where the Phins are stout upfront Spiller need's 2 Breakaway TD's Lee needs 1 and parrish must take one back to the house(Special TEAMS) for the bills to make this close. I dont think their offense is good enough to drive the football on long sustained drives. So limiting the quick strike is what it comes down to....

While you could argue the OL was equally bad I would say that Thigpen made the limited success KC had possible. The Bills don't have a QB that can pull that off now.

You are kind of proving my point. Thigpen is not a great QB but with the skills he does have he made that offense work. Why because that's how Chan designed it. He created it. He took what he had to work with, Thigpen, and developed an offense that would allow his skills to shine.

This is exactly what he has done with Edwards in Buffalo. Trent could not make the pistol offense work, you're right. But thats because his skills are different. Trent is very accurate on the short and intermediate throws. He gets the ball out of his hand quickly, and makes fast decisions. He can throw the deepball as we have seen, just not as much as most fans would like. I personally think he needs to complete some passes and gain some confidence throughout a game to start taking risks. Gailey is schooling him and creating an environment where he can excel. We shall see if it works.

It doesn't hurt that we have a great trio of RB's.

Back
Top Bottom