Lee Evans | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans

Sorry bro - "Beast Mode" is reserved for this WR that caught 100 passes in three straight seasons. His name escapes me.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I'm fine with either being the best back -- so long as they both average 4.5+ yards per carry!

First of all it's not Bro. But whatev.

Second of all, Lynch is also know as Beast Mode, although I dont expect you to know that.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Brown may not be the best back on Sunday, it might be Ricky.

LOL! That actually made me laugh.

I'm hoping its neither. We shall see.

You are kind of proving my point. Thigpen is not a great QB but with the skills he does have he made that offense work. Why because that's how Chan designed it. He created it. He took what he had to work with, Thigpen, and developed an offense that would allow his skills to shine.

This is exactly whatpistol offense work, you're right. But thats because his skills are different. Trent is very accurate on the short and intermediate throws. he has done with Edwards in Buffalo. Trent could not make the He gets the ball out of his hand quickly, and makes fast decisions. He can throw the deepball as we have seen, just not as much as most fans would like. I personally think he needs to complete some passes and gain some confidence throughout a game to start taking risks. Gailey is schooling him and creating an environment where he can excel. We shall see if it works.

It doesn't hurt that we have a great trio of RB's.

Trent sucks plain and simple, he gets hit once he worries about the rush instead of keeping his eyess down field and does not get the ball out quickly, unless its a check down, Btw isnt that why buffallo fans last year wanted him axed in favor of fitzpatrick LAST SEASON?. An explosive rookie, a RB with legal/maturity issues who's showed flashes but isnt focused(Lynch), and a Good RB in Jackson thats currently injured doesnt make a great trio....With a piss poor O-Line, its wasted talent.

OH, Jackson wont be back for sure? Funny, I just watched Gaileys press conference and he said the way things were looking Freddy should be ready for week one.

And since when is a 1,000 yard season meaningless? Because the Bills did it last year? Whatever dude. Go ahead and trash our OL all you want but we still produced a good rushing attack last year. Want to know who DIDNT???

Arizona
Atlanta
Chicago
Cleveland
Dallas
Indy
Philly
San Diego
Whats something u know about all the teams minus cleveland and chicago. They were all really good teams that made the playoffs. Who cares about their run games. A team like the Bills needs to rely heavily on the run game cuz your QB sucks so much.. just like the Jets. Teams like Indy and the Patsies have weak run teams but they dont need good run games cuz of their good qbs

Trent sucks plain and simple, he gets hit once he worries about the rush instead of keeping his eyess down field and does not get the ball out quickly, unless its a check down, Btw isnt that why buffallo fans last year wanted him axed in favor of fitzpatrick LAST SEASON?. An explosive rookie, a RB with legal/maturity issues who's showed flashes but isnt focused(Lynch), and a Good RB in Jackson thats currently injured doesnt make a great trio....With a piss poor O-Line, its wasted talent.

You guys really gotta lay off the bad OL thing. It gets old. Our tackles are bad right now. Our interior is solid! That is where the strength of our line is. Last year we got hit hard with the injury bug. We had 9 different OL combinations throughout the season, yet we still managed to run the ball effectively. This year we will be even better, as everyone will be healthy, and our line has shown chemistry which is important.

Like I have said several times on this board, I have never been a fan of Trent. Ever. Trent was benched last year, and rightfully so. He crawled into a shell and turned into a nightmare for us. However, that has changed this year. We have a good offensive minded coach who seems to be getting the best out of Trent, and when he was at his best, he made quick decisions, getting the ball out of his hands. That is what we have seen in preseason. That's what he flashed as a rookie. Now, he is also extremely injury prone and when he got hit on the chin during the colts game with his helmet coming up over his mouth, I thought for sure he was done. But what did he do? Got up, and threw a 70yrd TD to Evans. I was surprised. He has gained his confidence back and it shows.

As for our RB's whats not to like? Lynch is most definitely focused this season, Freddy will play sunday, and Spiller as you said is explosive. I don't see any problems.

Whats something u know about all the teams minus cleveland and chicago. They were all really good teams that made the playoffs. Who cares about their run games. A team like the Bills needs to rely heavily on the run game cuz your QB sucks so much.. just like the Jets. Teams like Indy and the Patsies have weak run teams but they dont need good run games cuz of their good qbs

Ok, so what is your point? My point has been that our running game is our strength and an asset to our offense. That's all. Teams do what they need to do to win games. We will run the ball.

Ok, so what is your point? My point has been that our running game is our strength and an asset to our offense. That's all. Teams do what they need to do to win games. We will run the ball.

..yea, and lose the majority of them. Just because the running game is your "strength" doesnt mean in actuality it is a strength. You're pass game is soo bad that it may seem as though your run game is in fact a strength. You will be ranked in the bottom tier of teams in passing. Maybe even last. And I see your run game somewhere around 15th to 20th just based on the fact that you will run the ball so damn much.

..yea, and lose the majority of them. Just because the running game is your "strength" doesnt mean in actuality it is a strength. You're pass game is soo bad that it may seem as though your run game is in fact a strength. You will be ranked in the bottom tier of teams in passing. Maybe even last. And I see your run game somewhere around 15th to 20th just based on the fact that you will run the ball so damn much.

Ok so according to you we have no strengths, lmao! Man, I can't wait for sunday. Seriously?

I've already proved what we did with guys off the streets of Buffalo standing in for our OL. Our run game will open up the passing game. Spiller and Roscoe in the slot, Freddy or Lynch in the backfield, Evans and Stevie Johnson out wide. Someone will make a play. You'll see.

The Bills are gong to put up a good game like they usually do fir a while, but Miami will eventually pull away from them. The Bills have some weapons, but there aren't that many that are real threatening. Spiller is the main guy on that offense that may be a problem for our defense. It should be an interesting game.

CJ Spiller looks like an awesome talent but we've seen Chan Gailey as an offensive coordinator. He's not bad but he's not good enough to take a sub-par QB and what looks to be a bad OL and turn them into a dominant offense. That's no slight to Coach Gailey - it's just that you need more than a playbook to make up for those deficits.

I love how you guys knock Gailey as coordinator. The offensive talent you had was a joke - Jay Fiedler, Lamar Smith, Gadsen. It's a testament to his abilities that he could have made that offense presentable. He is a very good OC and Evans, Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch is more talent than he ever had in Miami.

Sorry bro - "Beast Mode" is reserved for this WR that caught 100 passes in three straight seasons. His name escapes me.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I'm fine with either being the best back -- so long as they both average 4.5+ yards per carry!

They only thing Marshall goes beast mode on is women. Class individual there.

Nothing about the Bills scares me. Nothing. Except maybe Brian Moorman.

Trent Edwards is Chad Pennington with lower accuracy. CJ Spiller, while a dynamic talent, is still a rookie. He's going to need several weeks to adjust to the game against premier talent. Marshawn Lynch isn't what he was, and Fred Jackson is hobbling. Lee Evans hasn't scored a touchdown against the Dolphins since 2007, and hasn't had a 100+ yard game against us since 2008 (a loss for Buffalo). I don't know who Steve Johnson is, your tight ends are nonexistent, your offensive line is a bunch of turnstiles, your defense has more holes than a fresh slice of Swiss.

With that being said, unless Rian Lindell kicks 10 field goals, I don't see your offense putting up a ton of points.

Eh.... The Dolphins need to start using the shotgun more and give Henne more control of the offense. I'm sick of this 1980's offense that doesn't really work anymore, especially when your D is not on the the championship winning level of the Giants' D back in the 80's.

Buffalo has the best RB trio in the AFC East. Ronnie is injury prone, Ricky is old, and Cobbs is decent. We will be going RB next year in the draft. Our O-line is good enough where we will have a strong running game with anyone.

See I have to disagree with you there, Gailey does exactly that! I"m not saying our offense is dominant, simply that we will be more productive and exciting than last year. Gailey took Thigpen in Kansas City with no OL and created the pistol offense. And what happen? The offense became productive! He did the same thing with Kordell. One of Gaileys major strengths is his ability to adapt to the players on his roster. This offense is going to be better, that's all I'm saying.
I agree. You guys aren't there yet, but I expect the Bills to be in a lot of close games. I have a lot of respect for Gailey as a coach.

Back
Top Bottom