Legit question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Legit question

I don't know anything about Flores and even less about Kris Richard. I think it is preemptive to say anything about Flores one way or another after a single game. Yes, that game was a disaster, but almost all of our games against the Ravens have been a disaster, even after trying to build the best roster possible, let alone one that has about 50% of its roster filled with guys who have no business being in the NFL.

The concern should be, how will the player respond to a coach if they go 0-16? This could put Flores in a no-win situation where regardless of his coaching ability, the players have tuned him out.

I am equally concerned with having all these resources, one that could set the franchise up for long term success, being decided on by Grier. He may get the number one pick correct, but the other 20 some odd picks...who knows. History, pattern, the past....have shown us that Grier will take the "safe" player...leading to a team that has zero game-breakers. Does that change?

I see this opportunity, for the franchise, and after watching Watson and Brees last night, I am even more excited, I just worry about the guys making the decisions.

A lot of fans warmed up to Flores as they got to know him now after one game in typical forum fashion it's mass panic and over reaction. Yes I hated the blowout but to scream and cry now that he was the wrong hire is premature.

Crow eating will be done by a lot.

A lot of fans warmed up to Flores as they got to know him now after one game in typical forum fashion it's mass panic and over reaction. Yes I hated the blowout but to scream and cry now that he was the wrong hire is premature.

Crow eating will be done by a lot.

You would know. You’ve been wrong the past 20 years

The one criticism I have read from the media that seems legitimate is statements that the defensive game plan was predicted upon stopping the run. As the Ravens continued to make deep throws off of play action, the coaching staff did not adjust the game plan. That concerns me. It is just one game, but it is a troubling piece of information.

Six in one hand, a half dozen in the other when it comes to Flores and Richard....

Its been 1 week. 1 week. After the off season Miami had, I would suggest that you cut the HC a break. Never assess a team or coach after 1 game.

Especially after over 20% of players have only been there a week

I'm gonna stay in the "too early to evaluate" camp. It's an intentionally tanking season, so there's not much to glean from this season. What we do take away is likely to be how the players improve and their mindsets, which we can't really gauge until much later in the year.

Kris Rishard likely would not have tanked, so even if we could know how well he might have done, it wouldn't be a fair comparison. He'll get his chance with someone eventually, then we can compare.

I may have been wrong about buying into the Patriots Lineage. Buying into Flores even though I was hoping for Richard to be named HC. The F/O Overhaul and Trades, along with the cap space and draft picks, certainly would cloud most fans judgment. But in the long run Flores is here and we have to live with it.

Its been 1 week. 1 week. After the off season Miami had, I would suggest that you cut the HC a break. Never assess a team or coach after 1 game.

While I agree we need a larger sample size, that one week was an epic failure of historic proportions. Improvement isn’t enough, We’d need to see something drastic to get that taste out of our mouthes.

I'll answer this Legit question at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom