LeighSteinberg on radio the Brick at Night | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeighSteinberg on radio the Brick at Night

There won't be any controversy. Flores will put him on injured reserve with ability to return mid season. This will take the discussion out of the media. I don't see TUA playing till November. If there is no preseason I think this will definitely happen.

If Tua is healthy, he will play this season...too much talent, he will win over that team easily, and he will put on a show at practice. It will be too hard to keep him off the field unless the o-line is a disaster.
10 quintillion % agree FSU. He'll beat out Fitzpatrick like Tyson vs Hurricane Mcneely...

I can understand why some would want to see Tua start immediately. However, I'm in it for the long run and it's best if he sits for the entire season nurse his "entire body for year". I truly believe it will help out a lot. Let that man rest for a year so his body can heal. There is no reason he should be rushed back what so ever because if he gets hurt there is no going back, we made an investment and it should be protected at all cost!
I see your point but he's not an avocado or a mango that ripens on the counter. Once we've looked him over via the best medical people and equipment and they deem him healed and ready to go, we should expedite him getting on the field and get the on the job learning out of the way. Otherwise, you're just pushing that part of him getting up and running into a later time. We're all in it for the long run, let's get to winning speed as quick as we can without risking our asset.

I don’t care how they do it as long as they don’t rush it and there aren’t Finheaven posters who think they know better. Wait, that second one is impossible. If Tua sits this year by week 5 we’ll have guys on here saying he’s only sitting because of Flo’s love affair with Fitz.

If Tua is healthy, he will play this season...too much talent, he will win over that team easily, and he will put on a show at practice. It will be too hard to keep him off the field unless the o-line is a disaster.
IMHO it’s more complicated then that.
Much depends on the development of the offensive line and the running game.
Tua will be put in the cooler for at least 1/2 the season.

I see your point but he's not an avocado or a mango that ripens on the counter. Once we've looked him over via the best medical people and equipment and they deem him healed and ready to go, we should expedite him getting on the field and get the on the job learning out of the way. Otherwise, you're just pushing that part of him getting up and running into a later time. We're all in it for the long run, let's get to winning speed as quick as we can without risking our asset.

The medical report never said he was "healed and ready to go". The reports I saw said the healing was progressing well and there was no dead tissue.

The level that some posters here go to in order to make a situation appear more trivial then it is or more important then it is; only represents their fantasy of how they want things to be.

Don't believe me?

Look at the Tannehill thread that has over 180 pages and is still very active. It is supported by fans trying to say either he was always trash and still is vs fans who feel he was always good and the teams and coaching were trash.

There are over 180 pages of this trash.

Lets let Tua be the best QB he can be and be happy about that, as opposed to the constant sniping about the reasons he may of may not meet some fans expectations. Remember, from this point on the only "opinion" that counts is that of our HC.

I'm looking forward to the opening of the regular season. That should give our posters something of substance to discuss as opposed to what seem to me to be "forced" posts about something a poster invents to have something to talk about.

I'll thank the Dolphins to start Fitzpatrick this year, and if he gets hurt,throw Rosen to the wolves. O-line will be 1st and 2nd year players mostly, and they'll need to figure things out.

This.

You have 2 QBs you can sift through as we get the OL fixed.

Unless we are fighting for playoffs, I think you let Rosen play at least the last half of the season just so you can squash any doubts of his ability.

If we are in the playoff hunt, keep Fitz chucking balls.

There's no reason Tua has to play this year. Give him a year on the bench, learn the playbook and heal. Take off the rapper next year.

There are many other positions that need to be decided and proven before we worry about putting this on Tua. Give him a solid foundation of cohesion so he can come in healthy and start our next chapter.

The medical report never said he was "healed and ready to go". The reports I saw said the healing was progressing well and there was no dead tissue.

The level that some posters here go to in order to make a situation appear more trivial then it is or more important then it is; only represents their fantasy of how they want things to be.

Don't believe me?

Look at the Tannehill thread that has over 180 pages and is still very active. It is supported by fans trying to say either he was always trash and still is vs fans who feel he was always good and the teams and coaching were trash.

There are over 180 pages of this trash.

Lets let Tua be the best QB he can be and be happy about that, as opposed to the constant sniping about the reasons he may of may not meet some fans expectations. Remember, from this point on the only "opinion" that counts is that of our HC.

I'm looking forward to the opening of the regular season. That should give our posters something of substance to discuss as opposed to what seem to me to be "forced" posts about something a poster invents to have something to talk about.
Did you mean to quote someone else in your soliloquy? I said when he gets fully cleared he should then get out there. I never said that had happened. He'd been given a medical pass by the Dolphins which speaks to healing of his injury. The guy automatically has until at the very earliest late August before he might need to dodge a single tackler in a PS game if he's even played in one and PS games even happen.

Look, at the end of the day, the guy was drafted to be our QB not to be a crystal vase in a case. When he is fully cleared, he needs to get out there or what was the point in drafting him to begin with?

One of the reasons I think Miami was so desirable. They have a built-in way to allow him to sit. I think think it will be hard as hell to keep him out though.

Why risk it? Tough spot, what if we are actually in contention for the playoffs? He also won’t have the benefit of OTA’s, timing, etc.... What if the line still needs to hell? At least Fitz is used to it.
So many variables. Any disruption or shortening of camp will affect him.

Last edited:
I don't think there's any way he sits for the year. Ideally Fitz starts out of the gate, but if Tua is as good as we think he is, there's no way he's not going to eventually take the job. Sure, our line will probably be in flux at least early because of the youth there, but the same reason Flores played Fitz last year over Rosen is the same reason he'll play Tua over both if he's the best option. The team would know it practicing against all 3.

If Tua is healed and ready to go, there's no such thing as "ultra healed". Personally I struggle with the idea of keeping him safe for next season when we'll actually be in position to challenge for the division vs getting him valuable game time experience this year.

Either way, I'm excited for the season no matter what. Just give me football.

Look, at the end of the day, the guy was drafted to be our QB not to be a crystal vase in a case. When he is fully cleared, he needs to get out there or what was the point in drafting him to begin with?

Yup!

He was drafted to be a franchise QB ... If he can beat out or show favorable progression against Fitz then he starts .... I think it happens by game 8 at the latest ...

Those of you that want him to sit for a year are too cautious ... If he's healed enough to play he plays .... IMO ...(if he isn't healed enough to play then #DUH) .... that, besides his ability to beat Fitz is all he needs

Why risk it? Tough spot, what if we are actually in contention for the playoffs? He also won’t have the benefit of OTA’s, timing, etc.... What if the line still needs to hell? At least Fitz is used to it.
So many variables. Any disruption or shortening of camp will affect him.

When our biggest problem is figuring out when to start our highest draft pick at QB, it means we are in really good shape at QB.

This being the case, we don't have to force anything. With a revamped OL, it will take 4 or more games, at the least, to get well coordinated as a group. Why would you want to put your most inexperienced NFL QB behind that line? We would not win as many games and could conceivably "stunt" a rookies NFL growth. You don't need to look very far to see examples of potentially good QB's who's development was hindered early in their career by poor OL play.

We know that Fitz was successful behind last years OL after it gelled. He is likely to be our starter. Rosen may have developed well this last year, but only the coaches know if that is the case or not. If he has developed and it turns out he outplays Fitz in training camp, he could be our starter. All rookie QB's take some time to adjust to the faster pace of NFL play. They also need more time to learn the playbook and be able to implement it. Think of it as a gradual breaking in process. These are solid reasons to limit his QB play for a while. How long that is will depend on two things.

1) How well our starting QB plays, who ever that turns out to be. If they are playing well, we keep them playing. We can rest them after we are well ahead if want to give our rookie QB enough snaps, so that he has a chance to develop some rhythm with the team and start getting some game day experience.

2) How fast our rookie develops during his first year. Lets give this man every chance to be successful as opposed to rushing him out on the field just to satisfy the "Lemming" lust that seems prevalent on this board. If Tua is your guy and you are expecting great things from him, why would you want to rush him onto the field before the coaches feel he is ready?

Hint, there is not a valid answer for this question!

Back
Top Bottom