Lemon's Contract Status | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lemon's Contract Status

Gardenhead

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I belive the MNF guys said Lemon would be a Free Agent after the season.

Will he be a restricted FA or an unrestricted FA?

It would suck if he parlays a great performance versus the Colts into a big contract with another team.

Perhaps the reason why he's playing in wasted games...to raise his value for another team.

He's playing because he was selected to play. He was selected to play because he gives us our best chance of winning.

Good one, Pete :lol:

He's playing because he was selected to play. He was selected to play because he gives us our best chance of winning.

Good one, Pete :lol:

I think so....what better way to showcase a RFA QB? I find it hard to believe that Saban would hold off using Lemon....if he felt that he was the better chance to win....6 games prior. Did Lemon all of a sudden become a far better QB...than Culpepper and Harrington?

Again...they are playing Lemon in games that are wasted....hoping that they can get some team to bite on him in the off-season...for a draft pick...thats the way I see it.

I think so....what better way to showcase a RFA QB? I find it hard to believe that Saban would hold off using Lemon....if he felt that he was the better chance to win....6 games prior. Did Lemon all of a sudden become a far better QB...than Culpepper and Harrington?

Again...they are playing Lemon in games that are wasted....hoping that they can get some team to bite on him in the off-season...for a draft pick...thats the way I see it.

Well that is a bit narrow. You don't see how bad JH has been playing the past few weeks?
In a game where JH couldn't score, Lemon is able to drive the team downfield because he is utilizing the whole field instead of just the sidelines.
You didn't see any of that? :confused:

Why would we want to to raise Lemon's value. It would only cost us more to keep him since we would have to match any offer he received. You are not likely to convince me that we are setting ourselves up to trade Lemon.

Lemon has had value as a starter for longer than the past three games but Saban has been reluctant to pull the trigger. Thank God he didn't wait years like Wanny did before sitting an ineffective QB.

...and why are we talking about Culpepper? The guy is on IR and can't play.

Well that is a bit narrow. You don't see how bad JH has been playing the past few weeks?
In a game where JH couldn't score, Lemon is able to drive the team downfield because he is utilizing the whole field instead of just the sidelines.

I saw the rain seem to stop then him having some success. I saw horrible play calling especially on 3rd down for JH. & I saw some key dropped passes for JH

I saw the rain seem to stop then him having some success. I saw horrible play calling especially on 3rd down for JH. & I saw some key dropped passes for JH

Suggest removing the blindfold while watching the games, the rest of us (and Saban, by the way) saw a JH that was innefective, tentative, and played terribly.

What I saw was a QB that had to throw the football away because none of his receivers were open....what I saw was Chambers miss two long passes that he should have caught. What I saw was a game that was 0-0...a worthless game at that.

Why would we want to to raise Lemon's value. It would only cost us more to keep him since we would have to match any offer he received. You are not likely to convince me that we are setting ourselves up to trade Lemon.

Lemon has had value as a starter for longer than the past three games but Saban has been reluctant to pull the trigger. Thank God he didn't wait years like Wanny did before sitting an ineffective QB.

...and why are we talking about Culpepper? The guy is on IR and can't play.

Your assuming the Dolphins are interested in keeping Lemon...of course. And please tell me what value Lemon had/has as a starter....when he was listed almost all season as the 3rd stringer QB?

Your assuming the Dolphins are interested in keeping Lemon...of course.

Yes. I believe with all my Football heart, that Cleo Lemon will come into camp next year as our #2 QB. :lol:

He wasn't listed as 3rd 'almost all season'. He has been #2 shortly after Daunte was pulled.

Yes. I believe with all my Football heart, that Cleo Lemon will come into camp next year as our #2 QB. :lol:

No problem Celtkin....I just believe he'll be trade bait. I have to believe that the Dolphins coaches would know if he had it....far before the few games left in the season. If he was better than Harrington earlier....why wouldn't they start Lemon earlier?

He wasn't listed as 3rd 'almost all season'. He has been #2 shortly after Daunte was pulled.

Yes....2nd after you take away Culpepper....and 3rd again...when he would be back....but nice try....:D

Back
Top Bottom