Leon Searcy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leon Searcy

dgreene

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I thought Searcy was a shoe-in for the starting RG spot. What happened? I thought the coaches were down on Todd Perry, but I haven't seen him give up his starting spot yet. How is Searcy really doing?

Unfortunately a lot of the shoe-in stuff about Leon Searcy came from early on in training camp when JBrown was reporting pretty much false and misleading information. The fact of the matter is that Leon Searcy battled some early injuries then has struggled a little making the transition to RG from RT, and Todd Perry has looked a little more solid than he did last year...so he did enough to keep his job. Todd really rose to the occasion I guess.

Leon hasnt been healthy and Todd has...End of story...
Who knows if the man will ever recuparate from his torn ACL's...2 years without playing isnt easy..he says he feels like a Rookie again..
I believe that by mid-season he will be the starting LG..Perry's knack for getting hurt and Leon's talent make it inevitable..unless Leon himself cant bite the injury bug :goof:

He tore his ACL once. Thats pretty much recovered. The 2nd year he was out was I believe a triceps injury.

I'm pretty sure Searcy tore his pec or Bicep(or both) not his MCL...

Originally posted by inFINSible
I'm pretty sure Searcy tore his pec or Bicep(or both) not his MCL...

i see this whole thing differently. we brought in a lot of vets who had injury pasts. what we want is solid depth so that when dixon or perry goes down with injury, we dont miss a beat. i didnt expect searcy to beat out Perry necessarily. i just wanted to light a fire under some behinds and get some depth. veterans dont really want to do as much as rookies or 2 year guys in preseason anyways. vets have been through this crap before. so i also dont see anything set in stone at this point. If Perry is not hurt and ready to go, he is younger, and should get the start, all things being equal. guys like Searcy and Burnett understand there role.
they will turn the heads when it counts.otherwise they will be gone.

FinFan54..couldn't of say it better..We have Vets as backups, and they did light a fire under people noses..Todd didn't even speak to Searcy at one point,,he was so worried...Nails took Dixon's place..and Spriggs and Smith couldn't hold down the LT spot..I think the coaches got the OL attention..Those who didn't perform well are off the starting line..If the starting lineup want to remain the starting lineup..then they better keep their acts together...We have backups who could be starters and they won't hesitate to take a starters place.

NEVER TORE ACL...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He tore his ACL once. Thats pretty much recovered. The 2nd year he was out was I believe a triceps injury.

Searcy had a ruptured quadtricep tendon one year and a ruptured tricep tendon the next. Those are the facts.:)

Back
Top Bottom