Leonard Henry Caught My Eye... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leonard Henry Caught My Eye...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I thought #26...rookie RB LEONARD HENRY did a few good things out there...to cath the attention of the coaching staff.

He is not that big...and not too small.....and has some spark...that was the buzz from up top. Henry actually caught the ball out of the backfield quite well....and seemed to know what to do after he catch.

I think HENRY is a long shot to make the active roster....but I definately see him on the practice squad if he continues to show some promise.

I think the plan also....is to see what HENRY can do on kickoff returns...they will test him there.

Like I said....HENRY was active and made the most of his chances when his number was called upon...and that in itself....deserves noteworthy attention. No noticeable mistakes...like many others.
DCH

A lot depends on how Robert Edwards holds up.

If you asked me though, I'd rather keep Henry than Minor. Most like Minor, but with the third down back not needed for this offense, Minor is a useless player, IMO. That won't happen though.

Henry won't make it to a practice squad. If he's cut here, someone will surely sign him to their active roster. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see Miami keep 4 TBs just to keep him.

KB, I think Minor did very well in first and second down situations last year. I wouldn't count him out, simply because the kid always gained good yardage, showed nice moves, and always hit the hole going in the right direction.

It would bum me out to see Minor get cut, for the basic fact he is a second year player who averaged over 4 yards per carry with the same Line Lamar couldn't run behind.

i like minor and dont think they should cut him at all...but the 4 yards per carry is a little deciving seeing how he was primarily used on the passing down...

The thing with Minor is that he isn't a guy you want in there if Ricky were to get hurt and miss an extended period of time.

You would want either Edwards or Henry in there because they are more equipped to be inside runners.

Minor would never last if he had to run inside most of the time. He is too small in the lower body.

Could we keep all the RBs?(Henry, Minor, Edwards, Williams)

KB21...........

Originally posted by KB21
The thing with Minor is that he isn't a guy you want in there if Ricky were to get hurt and miss an extended period of time.

You would want either Edwards or Henry in there because they are more equipped to be inside runners.

Minor would never last if he had to run inside most of the time. He is too small in the lower body.

How do you know that though until he's given a fair chance to be a feature RB? Travis has the exact same build as Warrick Dunn and look what Warrick did when he got the opportunity to be a feature halfback. He rushed for 1,100 yards.

Yeah, and we may. A lot depends on how many offensive linemen they decide to keep vs how many TEs they decide to keep. If they keep just three tight ends, then they can keep an extra RB. They will keep either 8 or 9 offensive linemen. I would think they would want to keep 9.

Right now, we are probably looking at:

QBs (3):
Jay Fiedler
Ray Lucas
Cade McNown or Tim Levcik

RBs (4):
Ricky Williams
Travis Minor
Robert Edwards
Leonard Henry

FBs (2):
Rob Konrad
Deon Dyer

WRs (5):
Chris Chambers
Oronde Gadsden
James McKnight
Dedric Ward
Jeff Ogden/Sam Simmons/Robert Baker/Albert Johnson

TEs (3):
Jed Weaver
Randy McMichael
Ed Perry

OL (9):
Mark Dixon
Jamie Nails
Tim Ruddy
Leon Searcy
Todd Wade
Brent Smith
Troy Andrew
Seth McKinney
Anthony Cesario

No. Minor is about 195 lbs. Henry is 205 and is built bigger in the lower body. Henry is also a couple of inches taller.

Travis Minor is a high cut player. He's got a thick chest and well developed arms, but his legs are toothpicks.

Minor is not built like Dunn. Minor is built more like Amp Lee was.

Dunn is a small back, but he's got thicker legs than Minor. Dunn is a much more consistent inside runner, and he still isn't the type that you want as a feature back. Otherwise, Atlanta wouldn't have drafted TJ Duckett.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Isn't Minor bigger than Henry?

Leonard Henry is............

Leonard Henry
SELECTED BY MIAMI , ROUND 7, PICK 30, OVERALL PICK 241
RB | (6-0, 206, 4.58) | EAST CAROLINA
By Pro Football Weekly

Travis Minor is.........

Travis Minor
#34 | Running Back | Miami Dolphins | Roster
Height: 5-10 Weight: 201 Born: June 30, 1979, New Orleans, LA College: Florida State

Profile | Statistics | Splits | Game Log | Auctions | Track this Player

Warrick Dunn is............

Warrick Dunn
#28 | Running Back | Atlanta Falcons | Roster
Height: 5-8 Weight: 180 Born: January 5, 1975, Baton Rouge, LA College: Florida State

KB21, Travis actually has a bigger frame(build) than Warrick does.

Originally posted by KB21

I'm not the biggest Travis Minor fan, but he is three inches smaller than Henry, and only weighs five pounds less.

Looking at the two of them Minor is definetely bigger.

Being bigger in the legs does not mean ones legs are weaker, it is just a build. The biggest factor would be the size of the ankles, they take most of the brunt when running up the middle, the thighs get the bruises, the ankles take that push and pull from the tackles..

Although I liken Henry's run style better it is not far off to say that Minor could do the job if given the chance!

Minor is a big play waiting to happen

he had 4.4 speed and did lots of things for this team last year:
  • called snaps on Punt coverage
  • provided a change of pace back for Lamar
  • was our 3rd down back

RW may not be able to go every down, Edwards has not played in 3 year and Henry is a 7th round pick.

Please Minor is not only insurance he is a guy that needs to get touches. RW need to sit on 3rd down and 6 or more all the time :fire:

OK. Whatever you want to believe. If Travis Minor ever has to start, it will be like trying to make Amp Lee or Ronnie Harmon into a starting tailback. This guy is not Thurman Thomas, IMO.

He couldn't even stay healthy at FSU when he was only getting between 150-170 carries per season. His leg drive and ability to break tackles is very limited.

Back
Top Bottom