Leonard Henry countdown... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leonard Henry countdown...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
The Leonard Henry countdown is actually up. Teams had until 4pm today to put in waiver wire claims for guys that were cut.

BUT that does not mean Henry hasn't been claimed. We just haven't heard anything about the claiming going on.

At one time there was a large debate going on about whether or not Henry would be able to sneak past waivers to make it onto our practice squad. There were many folks who jumped in on both sides. We shall soon find out...

Clock's tickin.

He'll make it through...several vets who weren't expected to be cut, were cut...teams have a glut of RB's to look at and Henry didn't wow anyone in games to get claimed IMO.

Yah but weren't you one of the ones that said there wasn't a chance that Henry would make it through?

Yup, before guys like Skip Hicks, Terry Allen, Maurice Smith and many others got let go.

A few others I can't recall right now too.

Plus, Henry kinda regressed when the competition got tougher.

Hahahah i was gonna post the same thing i knew u would be salivating CK...Fortunately i was one of the ones that supported ur thought..AND THEY WERNT MANY...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yah but weren't you one of the ones that said there wasn't a chance that Henry would make it through?

Actually that was you over and over and over. I figured he would make it through waivers but I thought it would be 50/50 if the phins used a spot on him. However he's signed to the squad now. News on the sentinal.

I'm happy to have Henry on the PS.................................

YIPES!!

I'm begining to wonder bout you CK?

I guess you just want to rub it in eh?

I mean we are talking about a player that would only have been a 3rd Rb if picked up, and was never said to be anything more for this year!

And he is still an option for any team.....

Good call CKP. You did say Henry could make it through waivers but you were not completely sure yourself and seemed to get swayed by all the others that said he'd get picked up. I thought he'd get picked up but the fact that he didn't doesn't make me think any less of him.

Well I did get a bit swayed at the end, but not by others...I got swayed by the fact that Henry had like 3 catches for 42 yards against the Bears. I had originally thought he did nothing but thats pretty good. Also what made me doubt a little was the fact that the Titans tossed away Dan Alexander. Unlike every other team, the Titans got to see Henry in pratice away from cameras and scouts for a good amount of time (like the Bucs who were not a threat however due to Travis Stephens presence).

I didn't create this to rub anything in. The mere premise of that line of thinking betrays the fact that Leonard Henry was very likely to clear waivers. I created this thread because this board had definitely divided into camps on the issue of whether Henry showed enough to get claimed off waivers. I was actually in the minority on that one. It turns out that in the end the side that said he wouldn't turned out right, but when I created the thread, how could I have known that? None of the waiver claims had hit the presses yet. You say rubbing it in as if I knew the results already when I wrote all that. Sheesh, picky picky.

No CK that was me..I hate to say this but you won this one:lol: the colts are still looking through, even though they traded for the saints..Ricky Williams..but I'm glad we signed Henry's to the practice squad..Wanny down played him at the end, saying he needs more time...I think Wanny was stone walling potential suitors and it worked..

There were a lot of other RBs cut that were surprising moves, Rbs that started in games last season.

True that 84, but I find there often are some eyebrow raising RBs that end up being around. I know MD was in the Henry getting claimed camp. I had thought Phinstd was too, and I was right he admitted he originally was in that camp but changed his mind when he saw so many good RBs being cut or becoming available. I was just clearin up confusion.

Oh CK there was no confusion..you had it right and that's what counts..I saw it differently..I didn't expect some of the RB's who got cut to be cut..that really surprised me..so I thought Henry's would be a good fit with teams who needed an extra good back..but with the RB's let go that moved him to bottom of the availables. All and all good job on your part...but there will be more debates for you and I look forward to them..:-)

I'm sure. That wasn't a very lively debate though. Nobody threatened anyone else's person or mother. Kinda different from Heraldtalk...

Back
Top Bottom