Lest We Forget | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lest We Forget

Totally agree. It is sad that some people have such an emptiness that can only seem to be fill by trying to be right on a football board.
You saw it last season for the one's who don't like Tua. Every poor showing was a chance to pounce on here and scream from the rooftops they were right.

Me: I'm bummed over a loss.

Them: Woot I was right.

Lol, I was just trying to prove a point with the SB comment. Clearly QB is very important. But so is a complementary team.
ANU, I like your posts but this one could have been worded a bit better. Ultimately agree with the above but the first post was cold man

Curious, How many SB did the franchise win with that guy again?
Don't go there with #13.

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I will never forget watching him come off the bench vs the Raiders on MNF when we were losing like 27 to 0 in 1983.
He scored two TDs in two drives and looked like a man among boys.
I wish we could see what Dan would look like playing in today's NFL. We can obviously picture it, speculate, but I wish we could see him play side by side now with Mahomes and Rodgers.
You know, people posted here earlier about Studley and Olivadotti, and rightly so. Also, the running game in Marino's time here often gets mentioned as a failure.
But think of all the TE's Shula brought in- started with Bruce Hardy, Joe Rose and Dan Johnson; Hardy was actually not bad- then Ferrell Edmunds, then Keith Jackson, then Eric Green- Shula really tried, but it never really seemed to work out over time at that position either. Either B/B+ types, or a one year flash like Jackson in 1992. Or a bust like Green.

I feel bad for any of you that never got to watch him. YouTube clips don't do it justice. That feeling that you're NEVER out of a game bc Dan could come in and take over the game at will. In my lifetime as a fan Ricky is really the only other single player that gave me a hint of that feeling. We were such a significant franchise every year back then and I sure miss it.

I will never forget watching him come off the bench vs the Raiders on MNF when we were losing like 27 to 0 in 1983.
He scored two TDs in two drives and looked like a man among boys.
I wish we could see what Dan would look like playing in today's NFL. We can obviously picture it, speculate, but I wish we could see him play side by side now with Mahomes and Rodgers.
You know, people posted here earlier about Studley and Olivadotti, and rightly so. Also, the running game in Marino's time here often gets mentioned as a failure.
But think of all the TE's Shula brought in- started with Bruce Hardy, Joe Rose and Dan Johnson; Hardy was actually not bad- then Ferrell Edmunds, then Keith Jackson, then Eric Green- Shula really tried, but it never really seemed to work out over time at that position either. Either B/B+ types, or a one year flash like Jackson in 1992. Or a bust like Green.
A lot of those TE's Shula was a year or two late. None really lived up to the hype that came along with them. We've seen that all too often over the years and not just during Shula's time. I was stoked when we picked up Jackson, he did okay but it was clearly evident his best years had already passed. The same with Green, I was excited based on what he did with Pittsburg and he was totally a bust, got paid, got lazy, got cut. He lost his motivation and packed on some weight and we all know Jimmy wasn't having any of that. We didn't get the Pittsburg Green for sure...

Back
Top Bottom