Let Bush Walk and Draft Giovani Bernard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let Bush Walk and Draft Giovani Bernard

Since the coaching staff doesnt know how to properly use Reggie, I say its best to let him walk.... As far as drafting Bernard goes, i dont care who we draft with our second round as long as it is the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

I would keep Bush as long as the money is right, he is the kind of player we need. Save the high draft picks for positions that are harder to find, like a high-end corner or pass rusher

Letting Bush walk is a mistake. He was not the featured back with the Saints and his body is still fresh. He still has 3-4 years left of high level football. He is also a team leader, hard worker, role model, and good example to the younger players. We need to keep talent and build talent around tannehill not let it go. Be careful what you wish for. Imagine an offense with Bowe, Keenan Allen, Hartline, Bess, maybe Jermichael Finley? and Bush? Now subtract Bush from that. It doesn't seem so potent does it? Keep Bush.

I don't want Jermichael anywhere near this team.

I would love to have Bernard, but free agency occurs before the draft, so its not a great contingency plan imo. If we let Bush walk in hopes of drafting Bernard, what happens if another team drafts him first? Then we are stuck with Thomas and Miller as our primary backs, and I'm not sure that's a good plan.

Oh god please dont say that. But hey, at least we know what to expect and could easily write off the 2013 season before it even starts.

Bernard is a homeless mans Lamar miller. Why would we draft another rb that early?

Like one other poster stated, if the coaches can find a way to properly use Bush AND if Bush will resign for the right amount, then it would be a nobrainer to keep Bush.

Yeah, in this pass happy NFL, where RB's don't matter all that much, let's draft another. Thank you sir, may I have another? :)

Rb is one of the only positions on this team that we have depth at. It's a much better idea to get a cb that can cover a number 1 wideout.

If Bush walks the coaching would be high on Miller and Thomas. Doubt we use a high or mid pick on a HB.

Bush will be gone. Too many whispers in that regard, and nonsensical decisions by Philbin, to ignore. He doesn't know how to use him partially because it's never been a priority.

I suspect we'll stick with Thomas and Miller. Hope somebody else comes around, maybe Gray. Perhaps invest a late pick.

Daniel Thomas is a known quantity at this point, IMO. I'd be surprised if he improved significantly. As Slimm points out, the value of running backs is young legs. Thomas will be 26 in the middle of next season. Somehow we found a way for our two highest drafted running backs of the past decade to be 24 before their rookie season ended. You're not likely to be rewarded for that. I'm sure exceptions are available but in general it's an example of doing the wrong thing.

Lamar Miller can fool you in small doses. If the seam is there he'll make one cut and flash. Problems arise when he's asked to carry often, or think relatively often. It's certainly going to be hilarious around here when the posters who rip Reggie Bush for his hesitation steps get a load of Lamar Miller weakly sliding to the outside and all but surrendering on a vital short yardage play.

BTW, I hope we don't draft a great receiver who dances after making a spectacular catch. That won't be tolerated around here. Or will it? LOL.

Letting Bush walk is a mistake. He was not the featured back with the Saints and his body is still fresh. He still has 3-4 years left of high level football. He is also a team leader, hard worker, role model, and good example to the younger players. We need to keep talent and build talent around tannehill not let it go. Be careful what you wish for. Imagine an offense with Bowe, Keenan Allen, Hartline, Bess, maybe Jermichael Finley? and Bush? Now subtract Bush from that. It doesn't seem so potent does it? Keep Bush.

Agree 100% Dude. Bush is the only playmaker we have on Offense and we want to let him go? Brandon Marshall last Year. And You Let Reggie Walk? He is the only player other then Wake who is exciting to watch on our Team. We just need to use him better. Screens, Get him in space. Think of the Best Dolphin moments this Year. Most our Reggie...

Back
Top Bottom