Let Bush Walk and Draft Giovani Bernard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let Bush Walk and Draft Giovani Bernard

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Bush is a FA obviously and will want good money. Miami could save some dough by letting him go his own way and draft UNC's Bernard who declared today. He is extremely versatile and a big time playmaker. I watched his games this year. He comes from a spread offense. He returned punts, ran over 1,000 yards, and caught passes out of the backfield. I think he led the ACC in all purpose yards, maybe the nation. His hands in catching the ball is as good as any RB's in the nation. I really like his play and think he would be perfect in Miami's evolving offense.

Todd McShay has him as his #1 back in the draft. Right now he sees Giovani as going in the top of the second round. Thoughts?

I like the kid, but RB is not a major need even if Bush leaves. Id rather address the WR/CB/Oline/DE positions first. Thomas and Miller will have to get it done without Bush, but RB can be had much later in the draft or a FA.

I would love to have Bernard, but free agency occurs before the draft, so its not a great contingency plan imo. If we let Bush walk in hopes of drafting Bernard, what happens if another team drafts him first? Then we are stuck with Thomas and Miller as our primary backs, and I'm not sure that's a good plan.

Letting Bush walk is a mistake. He was not the featured back with the Saints and his body is still fresh. He still has 3-4 years left of high level football. He is also a team leader, hard worker, role model, and good example to the younger players. We need to keep talent and build talent around tannehill not let it go. Be careful what you wish for. Imagine an offense with Bowe, Keenan Allen, Hartline, Bess, maybe Jermichael Finley? and Bush? Now subtract Bush from that. It doesn't seem so potent does it? Keep Bush.

Too many needs in other areas to blow a 2nd round pick. I'd rather see a WR,DB or even a pass rusher, or even a TE. Reggie didn't have too good a year but I think getting rid of him only pokes yet another hole in the team that has to be fixed. You swap Reggie for this kid and even if he's good there is another player at another area of need you have to pass up on to land him.

Letting Bush walk is a mistake. He was not the featured back with the Saints and his body is still fresh. He still has 3-4 years left of high level football. He is also a team leader, hard worker, role model, and good example to the younger players. We need to keep talent and build talent around tannehill not let it go. Be careful what you wish for. Imagine an offense with Bowe, Keenan Allen, Hartline, Bess, maybe Jermichael Finley? and Bush? Now subtract Bush from that. It doesn't seem so potent does it? Keep Bush.

Sure it does. What the hell has Bush done this year? Absolutely nothing. We need another running back definitely because Thomas doesn't have it either and Bush isn't good enough.

I like the kid, but RB is not a major need even if Bush leaves. Id rather address the WR/CB/Oline/DE positions first. Thomas and Miller will have to get it done without Bush, but RB can be had much later in the draft or a FA.
I agree 100% rb is least of our priorities. Wr TE CB And oline(guard or tackle) to me is where the front office need to address first

I see your setting yourself up for a disappointment. This team will not go out and sign that many FA's. And Bowe...the Chiefs can keep him.

I certainly agree RB's can be found in later rounds but Gio is a stud playmaker, exactly what Tanneyhill needs. Plus Gio would be cheaper than Bush.

MrEd's "I have a dream speech":

I have a dream...that people would stop the illogical posts. If there is any RB in need of replacing that RB is Daniel Thomas, not Bush. Reggie not only needs to be re-signed, we need to overpay if we have to to keep him. Though he has already stated he is willing to take a home town discount. I have a dream.

I still think Lamar can be a #1,but just needs more seasoning. That's why I would resign bush to like a 2 year deal.

I still think Lamar can be a #1,but just needs more seasoning. That's why I would resign bush to like a 2 year deal.

Im all for resigning bush to a reasonable deal but if he wants some superstar money let him walk

Back
Top Bottom