Let Me Say This, | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let Me Say This,

Im gonna be honest, i had a difficult time picking this game. I was certain that Defense would play half way decent, and that Lamar Jackson would turn the ball over at least once. We made everything they did look basic, and very simple. We are the equivalent of a great teams practice squad. There is zero doubt in my mind we will have the first pick.

We didn’t even make it a game for one single play. I thought this defense couldn’t be any worse than what Matt Burke had put out there. Boy, was I wrong.
At least it can’t get any worse...or can it? Naaaaahhhhh....

You expect them to lose but want to have high expectations as far as assignments and adjustments? If they (coaches) are making adjustments but the assignments still get blown....who is that on? When you have a team thrown together in the last couple weeks, what do you expect? A miracle?

No I just expect a nfl caliber team. We are not completely devoid of talent, but this performance made it seem that way. We didn’t even slow them down, one punt, one fg and the rest were touchdowns. Lamar Jackson carved us up, that’s pretty bad. In fact the ravens could’ve easily dropped 80 on us but slowed down a little in the 2nd half. Zero creativity, zero adjustments, unlike the ravens who were ready and prepared. It’s like we didn’t even know we were playing them or at the very least did not watch any film. This is what it is a historically bad performance and every dolphin fan should have a bad taste in their mouth as tanking for Tua may not be our most important issue.

NFL Red Zone called us an FCS team. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo, at the Browns game, when talking about week 2 and being in Miami for NE/Mia started going back and forth about whether they could get out of it or not. Be prepared for the national narrative. And I don't even want to think about the local Armandos and Omars and what they're gonna write. It's bad....we know it's bad....and as someone mentioned in the game thread if Chris Grier doesn't get the picks right, we may never overcome this. So just buckle up for some seriously bad turbulence to come. Bad year(s) to follow folks....EPIC bad. :(

Did you watch the defense? The majority of guys out there have started games. They looked confused to the point where it was almost comical in the first half.
We can’t rush the passer. It’s not a matter of scheme or play calling, we don’t have players that are good enough. That isn’t on Flores.

We all knew that we had a roster with very limited talent. Many of us feared we had hired a coach who is way out of his depth.

Well, some fears seem to have been confirmed today. That was bad coaching in addition to limited talent.

We can’t rush the passer. It’s not a matter of scheme or play calling, we don’t have players that are good enough. That isn’t on Flores.

What happened out there had absolutely nothing to do with rushing the passer.

Losing was expected but I’m still seeing lack of discipline, turnovers,sloppy with penalties, missed assignments, lack of adjustments (might wanna cover a TE), poor tackling. I’ve seen better coaching on expansion teams.

You don't get a year or two like this.

He’s getting another year, even after this. He’s been given a **** roster and he won’t be responsible after the first year. Suck it up, he’s here at least for two seasons

I disagree. If we fight hard but miss tackles and are out-physicaled , that is a talent issue. However to see that the game plan, defensive scheme, and player discipline all were abysmal, that’s on coaching. Flores gets an easy F for this one. It was bad, in fact it historically bad. Can he bounce back and develop into a good head coach, so far I haven’t seen any signs. There’s the handling of the qb situation, the mind games, calling players out in the media, etc that all suggest that he’s in over his head.

That's not realistic though. When guys who are way less talented than other people try to fight hard, they still make mistakes. When you're outclassed you naturally try to compensate for that which leads to sloppy play. Same thing with game plan and scheme.

With that being said, im not excusing a 59 point drop on us. Everyone gets blame for that. I also don't disagree he's in over his head. I've been one of the few on this board consistently telling people who were so high on him that it was baseless. My only point is bad players don't play assignment sound football and just miss tackles. They are just bad across the board.

Not sure what game you were watching but the lack of pass rush sure did have a hand in this also.

It was the least of any problems. When there are guys running without a defender within 5 yards of them on nearly every single play, that's the biggest issue.

He’s getting another year, even after this. He’s been given a **** roster and he won’t be responsible after the first year. Suck it up, he’s here at least for two seasons
If he pulls a Hue Jackson, he’ll be gone soon. No coach can survive 1-2 wins over two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom