Let Me Say This, | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let Me Say This,

There's a big difference between losing and being entirely uncompetitive.

I honestly think this is a pretty important factor in all of this. Everyone knew the team was not going to win a lot of games this season. I think we could all stomach that.

Not all of us can stomach seeing the team get historically wiped out 59-10 in the home opener. I enjoyed it, but I feel real bad for anyone who paid money to see that crap.

The only way to be positive about today is to look at today as a preseason game. We had so many players who hadn’t had time to gel it should have been expected. I’ll judge this season after the bye week. If nothing improves then I’ll be worried about the coaching

The only way to be positive about today is to look at today as a preseason game. We had so many players who hadn’t had time to gel it should have been expected. I’ll judge this season after the bye week. If nothing improves then I’ll be worried about the coaching
Was Miami injury free? That might be a win I guess

This was the worst coaching job I’ve seen since Cam Cameron. The defense was gashed by the run and looked lost in pass defense. Assignment we’re constantly blown. I know many will preach patience, but this performance definitely is a red flag.
I said it in the game thread... to have a legit shutdown CB on one side and still get gashed like this through the air cant be anything but bad coaching/scheme. I understand the players were bad too, but it just doesnt happen to this extent if you have a good scheme in place.

I said it in the game thread... to have a legit shutdown CB on one side and still get gashed like this through the air cant be anything but bad coaching/scheme. I understand the players were bad too, but it just doesnt happen to this extent if you have a good scheme in place.

There were so many new parts you’ve got to expect a lot of breakdowns

You just made my point. We didn't have a pass rush last year and yet we didn't give up 60 points.

Nope I didn’t, at all. We had better personnel last year, the team is gutted this year. And our D sucked last year also. Don’t defend that crap last year

That's not a pass for the defense. We had lots of guys who played all preseason who were out there today and were completely terrible. Most of the guys we got rid of on defense weren't playing or practicing anyway.

I think we all understand that the offense would have some issues, but the truth is, the offense just didn't have any chance at all because the defense and ST were so absolutely and completely bad.

???

I'm incredibly positive about today's game. The team was actually quite a bit worse than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be bad. This wasn't bad, it was putrid.

So I'm very positive about Miami's chances against Arizona in the NFL's race to the bottom.

Nope I didn’t, at all. We had better personnel last year, the team is gutted this year. And our D sucked last year also. Don’t defend that crap last year

Please remind me when we gave up 60 points last year. Being bad and being maybe the worst thing that the modern NFL has ever seen are completely difference.

I went to the game.

It was over 1/2 way through the first quarter.

The team got rid of more talented players then we had out there because once Tunsil was traded the reality of a year down came into focus.

The Ravens are a very good team. Lamar Jackson is improved.

For some reason Bobby McCain snuck up on several of the deep balls - DBs had no help.

We committed several costly penalties.

We turned the ball over.

The Ravens came to play.

The question I have is how much of what looked like poor preparation was related to turning the roster over so much in the last week.

Lack of pass rush did effect us too.

Terrible offense was a bunch of it too - like no sustained drives - no competitive answers - no pressure on them -

Also the fake punt was well executed- but it’s situation of 4 and 4 and the Ravens killing us made it predictable.

We will get better.

Flores gets credit for admitting that a complete tear down is in order and then putting it in motion.

$130 million plus a slew of draft capital helps!

No way he’s gonna let this happen once we have the horses.

Please remind me when we gave up 60 points last year. Being bad and being maybe the worst thing that the modern NFL has ever seen are completely difference.

Doesn’t matter the time frame, but we lost 62-7 with Marino at the helm. Albeit his last game but that D gave up those points

I went to the game.

The team got rid of more talented players then we had out there because once Tunsil was traded the reality of a year down came into focus.

For some reason Bobby McCain snuck up on several of the deep balls - DBs had no help.

We turned the ball over.

The Ravens came to play.

The question I have is how much of what looked like poor preparation was related to turning the roster over so much in the last week.

Terrible offense was a bunch of it too - like no sustained drives - no competitive answers - no pressure on them -

Also the fake punt was well executed- but it’s situation of 4 and 4 and the Ravens killing us made it predictable.

We will get better.

Flores gets credit for admitting that a complete tear down is in order and then putting it in motion.

Give him a chance. There were how many new players featuring today against the No4 AFC seed.

If this dame plays up I give him 8 games. You can be a bad team with a good defense or vise versa. The takent level difference is not that great in the NFL to loose like this.

Look dont expect the draft and high picks to fix this. Miami had 19 first round picks on the squad when the fans and media ran Shula out of town.

I went to the game.

We turned the ball over.

The Ravens came to play.

We will get better.

I was there too. It was so ugly. McCain is lost at S. He hit his own guys 2x - the one sprung the back for the 50 yard romp on the 1st play. I’d also note that “in person” Ryan Fitz arm looks hideous. It’s so weak that it’s Jay Fiedler-ish. He has to put all of his weight and effort into a 10 yard pass that it’s painful. He’s done in the NFL. Also, **** all those Ravens fans - it was like 60/40 % fins to Ravens. Unacceptable. Mr Ross - **** you.

If this dame plays up I give him 8 games. You can be a bad team with a good defense or vise versa. The takent level difference is not that great in the NFL to loose like this.

Look dont expect the draft and high picks to fix this. Miami had 19 first round picks on the squad when the fans and media ran Shula out of town.
They were mostly washed up, aging veterans jumping on the chance for one last pay day. But yeah, we may need more than I thought to fix this mess.

Back
Top Bottom