Let Me Say This, | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let Me Say This,

I expected to be bad but this was total incompetence across the board. I would expect a pro caliber NFL squad... as a Real fan I always want to compete. easyrider don't you?

Reactions: BSQ
Either

A. We are tanking hard, and not trying to hide it.

Or

B. Flores is in way over his head.

This looked like one of those college games where one team gets steamrolled each year, and starters are pulled during the third quarter. I honestly don't know that we would have beaten a good college team today.

To some extent it's both, but there's no scenario where you're not trying to be competitive. I think it's pretty clear this team has absolutely no desire to maintain veterans on the roster that may result in one or two more wins, and the org is OK with us only winning a couple games when it's all said and done. But we aren't intentionally trying to lose, nor do we want to field a team that gets beat by 50 points.

Flores is in over his head, and there is no reason a defense should ever be that bad.

That's not realistic though. When guys who are way less talented than other people try to fight hard, they still make mistakes. When you're outclassed you naturally try to compensate for that which leads to sloppy play. Same thing with game plan and scheme.

With that being said, im not excusing a 59 point drop on us. Everyone gets blame for that. I also don't disagree he's in over his head. I've been one of the few on this board consistently telling people who were so high on him that it was baseless. My only point is bad players don't play assignment sound football and just miss tackles. They are just bad across the board.
I was scratching my head when they hired him. He was never even a coordinator. He coached with the Patriots so he must be good.

Can’t compare what’s going on with other organizations. Different mana, different players and philosophies etc etc etc.

Tanking doesn't fix this. Throwing Tua or anyone else in at QB doesn't fix this. It doesn’t take a complete teardown to rebuild in the NFL. This style of rebuild means you're not just hoping for a great QB, you're hoping for generational QB who can survive a bad team and still find his way to success. Good Luck in getting the next Peyton Manning.

Blah blah blah, so just stay the course blah blah blah
We’ve never torn this thing down ever, and where has it gotten us? You provided no alternative in your post, so why did you bother? Too funny

Tanking doesn't fix this. Throwing Tua or anyone else in at QB doesn't fix this. It doesn’t take a complete teardown to rebuild in the NFL. This style of rebuild means you're not just hoping for a great QB, you're hoping for generational QB who can survive a bad team and still find his way to success. Good Luck in getting the next Peyton Manning.

Blah blah blah, so just stay the course blah blah blah
We’ve never torn this thing down ever, and where has it gotten us? You provided no alternative in your post, so why did you bother? Too funny

Tearing down isn't how you get back up. You need to have a minimum level of competence on your team. Even if Flores can hit on every draft pick, it would be years before they field a competitive team..and by that time...he won't be here.

The Ravens, Minnesota, Eagles rebuilt without tanking. I'll take their model, but you go ahead keep thinking that the Browns, Jets and Bills model works.

It’s good to know that Flores won’t be here. Thanks for enlightening us on that

Tearing down isn't how you get back up. You need to have a minimum level of competence on your team. Even if Flores can hit on every draft pick, it would be years before they field a competitive team..and by that time...he won't be here.

The Ravens, Minnesota, Eagles rebuilt without tanking. I'll take their model, but you go ahead keep thinking that the Browns, Jets and Bills model works.

Please remind me when we gave up 60 points last year. Being bad and being maybe the worst thing that the modern NFL has ever seen are completely difference.

Tomato, tomatoe.

The hysteria tonight is hilarious. Half this roster has no place in the NFL. And those that want out should sack up and goto their GM and request it.

This is all so hilariously, I thought you people would be out with your pitch forks around week 8. Nope, you have officially pulled the fire alarm after game 1.

Good times.

The whole front office needed an enema after 2018, but the reigns were handed to Grier, and other coaching prospects weren’t exactly clamoring to come to Miami and ruin their reputations. Ross found his patsies and I doubt he has another rebuild left in him. This may take a lot of years to sort out. And there’s no guarantee Tua will even want to come here and ruin his “brand.” He could pull an Eli Manning and refuse to sign, or he might just sit out the 2020 draft altogether and stay in school.

I wouldn’t have respect for him if that was his mentality, a real competitor wants to be the man to turn things around..

I think he will welcome the challenge

In a rebuild of this magnitude the head coach was helping make personnel decisions instead of game planning..

I wouldn’t have respect for him if that was his mentality, a real competitor wants to be the man to turn things around..

I think he will welcome the challenge

Would a real competitor want to go to a team that cheated to get him?

Who said I want to tank? That’s not what I want at all. I hate wasting football season just to look towards the uncertain future. I’d rather be competitive now! However the ownership seems to want the tank so it doesn’t matter what I want. I’m just afraid that there’s just some stench you can’t wash off after we’ve humiliated ourself for 17 weeks. That’s something no stud qb will fix. Plus what free agents will want to come here to a perennial loser with a defensive “guru” that can’t stop anybody?
Exactly. I never wanted the tank because I believe that if you find the right coach there is no need to tank.

I have a hard time defending what went on yesterday. And I’m not sure how anyone could.

It’s ok to lose a game. Especially against the Ravens. Especially with the deficiency in talent on this team. It’s not ok though when your team looks like they are playing football for the first time in their lives.

The loss and how it happened is totally unacceptable. It seemed players weren’t even trying. Maybe this is the locker room revolt we were promised.

A coach can’t possibly be successful if the team is tanking so how can Flores be blamed for anything?
Coach said they are not tanking. If they’re not tanking he’s trying to win games. Thats how I will evaluate him.

He’s the coach. He’s responsible for the product in the field. I am tired of hearing that the best paid guy in the company is not responsible for anything. That’s the reason he’s getting paid: accept full responsibility.

Count me in as a patient observer from the sidelines. This year is meaningful in one and only one way.

Do we get the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft?

All of the rhetoric on coaching, team morale, multiple years required....much less significant.

We will have picks...we will have money...and we will have a QB. The Cardinals are going to be a solid team in 2~ years. That is where we are headed.

All those who are in hysterics....well, this season is really going to suck for you.

Back
Top Bottom