Let the comparison begin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let the comparison begin

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
clear.gif

spring5-1.jpg

They wear the same colored uniforms.... though I have noticed that Ronnie Brown tends to run with a lower number on his jersey.

:D

What a curse, to be close in talent and style to a former great from the same team. Brown will forever have to suffer that no matter what he does.

But Bo Jackson was a true freak of nature: tall, big, strong enough to run over people - and timed at an absolutely incredible sub-4.2 40 in college. There's never been anyone like him, and maybe enver will be again.

Brown could go to the HOF and still not be able to live down that legend of Bo, especially given the fact that we all wonder what Bo might have accomplished if he had been able to play longer, and if he had chosen football exclusively instead of dabbling in baseball as well.

There was actually a special on Spike TV tonight about Bo Jackson. I had forgotten how he hurt his hip. I knew that his career ended due to avascular necrosis to his hip, but I had forgotten that it was a dislocation that caused it.

KB21 said:
There was actually a special on Spike TV tonight about Bo Jackson. I had forgotten how he hurt his hip. I knew that his career ended due to avascular necrosis to his hip, but I had forgotten that it was a dislocation that caused it.

Yup, it was a hit from Cincy LB Kevin Walker in a playoff game at the LA Coliseum (I think the year was 1991). Looked totally harmless at the time, just a solid tackle. First they said that Jackson might return. Then that he was out for the game. Then out for the playoffs, and, well...you know the rest.

Personally, I don't like the comparison. Yes, both have an impressive combo of speed and power, but Bo was absolutely off the charts in both departments. He was a once in a generation athlete. Of course, Brown's a better receiver, which is something.

And Brown probably won't dominate Madden 2006 like Bo did Tecmo Bowl. :)

:lol: The worst thing was, Bo had to share a backfield with Marcus Allen in Tecmo Bowl......which was cool. But I just wanted to give it to Bo every time and not waste downs with HOF'er Allen. :tongue:

IMO the only comparisons lie in the measurables. Bo Jackson would have put Brown and Cadillac's rear ends squarely on the bench. Like Phil said, he was a once in a generation athlete. The total package, except for receiving of course.

And the fact that successfully pulled double-duty with the Royals, to the tune of All-Star and Pro Bowl appearences, cements his legend.

Muck said:
:lol: The worst thing was, Bo had to share a backfield with Marcus Allen in Tecmo Bowl......which was cool. But I just wanted to give it to Bo every time and not waste downs with HOF'er Allen. :tongue:

We had a rule; if you were playing as the Raiders, you had to run Bo all the way back to your own one yard line before going forward.

Didn't matter; he still scored like 7 touchdowns a game. :lol:

phunwin said:
We had a rule; if you were playing as the Raiders, you had to run Bo all the way back to your own one yard line before going forward.

We had a particular move with Bo Jackson on Tecmo Bowl that we called "The Poom". Bo would be running down the field with someone chasing him, and we would turn Bo around so he would "Poom" the guy chasing him.

phunwin said:

We used to do that in "John Elway's QB".

I just took you WAAAAY back. :tongue:

I always loved how, no matter what teams you picked, one team was always red and the other was always blue.

Muck said:

I always loved how, no matter what teams you picked, one team was always red and the other was always blue.

Joe Montana football on SEGA was my favorite game back in the day. Everyoen was playing MADDEN in like 95 and I said to my bro "nah, i like this game, more simple, more fun"

My how things have changed since i was 11 years old.

Muck said:

You can't take me TOO far back...I'm three years older than you. :cap:

The dumbest thing about that game was that the "punt return" alignment was your best defense against a Hail Mary.

Coaches Club Football League

I've served as Commish for an online football league since 1997 with the old FBpro98. Currently my league is using Madden 2k4. Of our 32 owners, we've been able to keep the core of around 20 that have been with us for over 5 years. We play one game per week and two seasons per year.

I think our website is the best around. Check it out!

http://ccfl.elitemaddenleagues.com/

Back
Top Bottom