Let the negotiations begin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let the negotiations begin

I think by the end of next week, are picks will start signing. All of them will most likely sign, the only one I would be worried about of course is Ronnie Brown. However, Ronnie and his agent, French, seem like they are normal guys who want to get a deal done ontime.

Nublar7 said:
I think by the end of next week, are picks will start signing. All of them will most likely sign, the only one I would be worried about of course is Ronnie Brown. However, Ronnie and his agent, French, seem like they are normal guys who want to get a deal done ontime.
I sure hope so, i would hope they all sighn by camp that way we'll see where we are with the cap and maybe pick up a cap casualty dt or s that to say the least are solid

bigow said:
I sure hope so, i would hope they all sighn by camp that way we'll see where we are with the cap and maybe pick up a cap casualty dt or s that to say the least are solid
Don't forget we may have to sign 7 draft picks instead of 6 if everything goes as planed on July 14th. :wink:

I don't really foresee too many problems in this area, as I think Nick did a nice job of drafting guys who genuinely want to come in here and play some football. Crowder, might be an exception in that he thinks rather highly of himself, but he also knows Nick took a chance Drafting him where he did(I agree with the pick, btw). Actually, I think the surprise is going to be at how difficult is to get Brown signed. On the surface, he seems very agreeable to doing whatever it takes to help his new team, but I wouldn't be surprised if his negotiations drag simply due to the what will ultimately be a $phat$ contract.

The sooner the better that we sign our draft picks. I am hoping that the contract talks will begin sometime this week. It would be cool to see Brown being the 1st, 1st rounder get signed. I am really suprised that there aren't any 1st rounders sign so far.

DolphinsRkool99 said:
This is the first I heard about this someone fill me in on whats happening?
We have to sign our draft picks to contracts. Currently none of them are signed, so they have to start negotiations with each player's agent so they can sign and be in camp ontime. If they don't have a contract before the start of camp, they will not attend until they do.

Maybe one of you can answer but i believe next year there won't be a cap number, it sounds crazy but i remember the that news and i'm pretty sure it hasn't been resolved

bigow said:
Maybe one of you can answer but i believe next year there won't be a cap number, it sounds crazy but i remember the that news and i'm pretty sure it hasn't been resolved

Correct me if i am wrong here guys, but if the union and the NFL doesn't agree on a new contract next offseason, then i do believe that all the players will be FA's and no cap.

bigow said:
It is 2007 that there is no current cap. They still have time to get something done, and I believe they will.

yeah i real hope that we have ronnie brown sign up and all draftee before camp so we can see how future players will be like

I dont see any way the NFL will let the league go uncapped for a season. This is not my area of expertise but it seems that would spell trouble

Back
Top Bottom