Let the speculation begin! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let the speculation begin!

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Reaction score
Here is the link to the article I'm referring to:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/2613076.htm

I wasn't trying to get pulled into any early speculation of bringing in a big name player, but all of sudden; the article listed above has me gung ho again so early in the preseason. Every year the Dolphins media start name-dropping big time players who might play for Miami and this season isn't any different.

The article listed above got me going because it does make complete sense in reference to Turner's offensive philosophy and past experiences with other teams.

Let's just hope Wannie will have the guts to pull the trigger and get it done. What does everyone else think?

GO FINS!

The link listed above is not working.

You can find the article at the MiamiHerald.com site.

The article is titled "Dolphins Will Get A Run For Their Money".

i'm not opposed to.....................

bringing in big names. but before we give away the farm, i think wanny should look at what we have. lamar IS slower and he DID fumble more this year. but was that because lamar has gotten sloppy or because that o-line couldn't maintain their blocks.
also, would jay be any better if he had a running game. after only two years, fiedler is #5 on the passing list, in front of earl morrall and scott mitchell. (these stats were from the end of the 2001 season). lamar was the #18 rusher after 2 years, ahead of terry kirby! anyway you asked for opinions and you got one!:D

it's not your link bro, the Herald has a problem with the site.

Re: i'm not opposed to.....................

Originally posted by dolfan06
bringing in big names. but before we give away the farm, i think wanny should look at what we have.

I agree 06. I like what I hear from the article but If would happen I would definitely want them to be careful with the cap and consider what we already have too.:D

ricky...........

this is just what the doctor ordered. this deal should, and will get done.

we have changed o-linemen, cordinators, coaches, schemes, etc... and we still can't consistantly run the ball!

what we havn't done is aquire an upper echelon rb. ricky williams IS an upper echelon rb, who can catch the ball and is only 24.

why put more money in a slow, 30 something rb like lamar?

miami needs a great rb, and needs to abandon there no o-line guys untill the 6th round philosophy for a couple of years.

the ideal thing is to give n.o. a player [3j, fletcher, bowens, etc..] in the deal so we don't have to give all the pics or defer some of them untill next year.

but what ever it takes, r.w. should be a fin, and soon.

these oportunities don't come around every day. and, we win enough to not be in position ever to draft his kind of talent.

Re: ricky...........

Originally posted by clayton83
this is just what the doctor ordered. this deal should, and will get done.

we have changed o-linemen, cordinators, coaches, schemes, etc... and we still can't consistantly run the ball!

what we havn't done is aquire an upper echelon rb. ricky williams IS an upper echelon rb, who can catch the ball and is only 24.

why put more money in a slow, 30 something rb like lamar?

miami needs a great rb, and needs to abandon there no o-line guys untill the 6th round philosophy for a couple of years.

the ideal thing is to give n.o. a player [3j, fletcher, bowens, etc..] in the deal so we don't have to give all the pics or defer some of them untill next year.

but what ever it takes, r.w. should be a fin, and soon.

these oportunities don't come around every day. and, we win enough to not be in position ever to draft his kind of talent.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

What I don't understand is, every article I have read says something about not wanting to give up draft picks for Ricky Williams, why is that such a bad idea? If RW was entering the draft this year after playing baseball for two (3?) seasons would we use our #1 pick on him? Of course we would, IF he fell all the way to the bottom of the first round. We already have Morlon Greenwood with our second round pick so the only pick we would actually be losing is our third. That's if they want a first and a third. What about a first, a fifth, and 3J?(if Texas doesn't want him) What about a first this year, a third next year and a conditional 2nd and third swap the following year?
Now I don't know the realities of all these scenarios, but my point is that this can be done without killing us or stalling our plan of building through the draft. It just takes a little creativity from the people who are much more qualified to figure this out, than I am.

as of now, I can see them being concerned about giving up picks, but to get a 24 year old stud HB, and #1 and #3 is worth it - even if it means sitting out the first day of the draft. I am sure not picking til Rd 4 is scary to them, but their is part I of FA and the big name guys and part 2 of FA and the bargain basement guys like Spriggs. Getting Ricky will mean we will need several bargain basement FA to help out on the OL and DL, but get him please - and if they want JJJ we should throw in a 7th rounder, too.

Do you mean, it would take an additional 7th rounder to get them to take 3J? That's funny!:lol:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Do you mean, it would take an additional 7th rounder to get them to take 3J? That's funny!:lol:
;)

Take JJJ - please

The latest I heard....

From a fellow Fin fan who I believe is a reliable source said that the Saints want our #1 pick, a future draft pick (unknown) and check this one out.....Patrick Surtain or Chris Chambers....LOL! I'm sure Wannie is not considering trading away Surtain or Chambers in this deal, BUT if we were to pull this trade off who would you let let go?

If it was my decision I would say Surtain and his huge cap #. But in a perfect world I wouldn't trade either one away.

What would you guys do?

Back
Top Bottom