Lets assume everything goes as planned: what do we do with the two 1st rounders? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets assume everything goes as planned: what do we do with the two 1st rounders?

For once let's take a RB in the first.
Last time that happened was with Ronnie Brown.

Not a fan

Also, thanks to the Ronnie Brown pick, we got to watch Aaron Rodgers have a hall of fame career in GB

Meanwhile, we got a RB who split carries.

Unless it's picks 30-32 or we have multiple firsts, I am never a fan of drafting a RB in the 1st. Also there life span in the NFL.doesnt justify it.

Just my opinion.

With both Howard and Jones getting up there in age, finding potential replacements may be an option. Needham is a F/A, does Miami keep him or let him walk?

Another LB to rush the passer. Van Ginkle may not be re-signed?

Sieler and Wilkins are about to be F/A's in a year, does Miami look for DT's?

Then there is RB. Does Miami look for the Star RB, or a later round find?
No one said it was going to be easy!

For once let's take a RB in the first.
Last time that happened was with Ronnie Brown.
That would be moronic. You don’t draft RBs in the first round. You don’t win paying a RB first round money. Barkely, Ezekiel, Peterson I could go on. You draft RBs in the third and fourth rounds where you can find great value and run them into the ground until their wheels fall off. You draft em every three years to avoid the wear and tear and paying the big contract coming off their rookie contract. Wash rinse and repeat, churn and burn them

That would be moronic. You don’t draft RBs in the first round. You don’t win paying a RB first round money. Barkely, Ezekiel, Peterson I could go on. You draft RBs in the third and fourth rounds where you can find great value and run them into the ground until their wheels fall off. You draft em every three years to avoid the wear and tear and paying the big contract coming off their rookie contract. Wash rinse and repeat, churn and burn them
The money is why I like the Bijan kid if we pick 28-32. If you get a legit Top NFL RB and have that fifth year option, you get his best years. Then let him walk. Definitely worth the money that late in the round. But if you miss it’s a total waste of a pick. There’s a fine line. But there are instances where it makes sense.

I never understood the Armstead signing in that it doesn't protect his blind side? Wouldn't a right tackle be more important with a lefty?

I'm not saying it isn't a huge upgrade to the line, but confuses me.
I think they really liked Armstead's character in addition to him being the best or second best available veteran FA who filled a need on the line. It did surprise me they didn't make a run at Collins before he signed what seemed to be a pretty reasonable deal with the Bengals, but maybe another factor was they felt better with Armstead and coaching AJax up at RT vs signing another RT and then trying to make AJax work at LT again.

BPA for both, excluding QB.
If miami does that well, then it is a good chance Tua shows to be the guy for miami like you implied. I think miami could have a luxury too if Tua shows to be the guy. As miami would have two picks, but depending where miami picks and teams just below miami. Miami could use the pick if a top qb hasn't been picked yet, but team right after them needs or would draft a qb. So another one below miami and that team, might try to trade with miami to jump ahead of that team and get miami's spot. Good trade bait options too set up if miami is settled with qb and doesn't need to use one of the picks on a qb, because Tua proved himself this season

RB? Like WHY?
Not that I'm advocating it, but.. I saw something like 5 of the 6 teams in the last 3 Superbowls had a 1st or 2nd round RB playing in the Superbowl.

Again, to be clear, I'm not advocating selecting a running back that high, but I think there is a very slight reason to have the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom