Lets Be Honest Here... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets Be Honest Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grier IMO has been one of the brighter spots of our team in recent years, not one of the “problems”.

It’s early to tell and impossible to know who’s name is on which picks, but overall I’ve been happy.

The big test is getting our QB.

As much as I love that Minkah is a Dolphin, REV KEV is right. We need a QB . We should have traded up for ALLEN or Rosen

I have heard Rosen isn't giving NFL football his all as he seems to have other interests. My hope is that who ever the Dolphin's QB is, he is the hardest working guy at the facility behind Flores and Grier.

He had 6.7 y/a his last year in college which was 10th out of 11 QB's in the Mountain west conference and 77th in FBS. He had 6.5 y/a for the 2018 season which was 32nd in the NFL.

He's not exactly slinging it downfield.
Don't confuse ppl with facts, and reality. He's the second coming of smokin Joe Montana, in Geoff George's body. Can't you tell talent when you see it?

I believe we've had poor owners since Wayne Huizenga: Cutting corners, cheaping out on contracts, duct taping massive holes, terrible drafts, and hiring incompetent staff since right around 1994. Same reason Dan never won a ring. We need a new owner.

You guys are infatuated with the QB position, yes go get a QB but if your O-line isn't blocking for them then what? I say again there is nothing wrong with Tannehill, Allen isn't better, Donald right now isn't better him.
Upgrade the "fort so the king can be safe".

You guys are infatuated with the QB position, yes go get a QB but if your O-line isn't blocking for them then what?

I just watched Jarod Goff play an amazing game in the NFC Championship. He didn’t have a running game and was constantly under pressure eluding defenders to get passes off. On top of that he operated his offense in deafening conditions where I couldn’t even talk to my friend sitting next to me. A great QB effort overcomes poor line play as was demonstrated in this game.

Completion percentage is such a garbage stat. Do you Want a qb to throw 95% of the passes inside of 5 yards to boost that percentage?

Hardly, I doubt you find a QB who was a sub 60% completion have success in the NFL.

Allen was not good against players who had no hope of playing in the NFL. HE was drafted because of Wentz's success and the fact he had a very strong arm, but nothing on his tape was worth a 1st round pick.

You guys are infatuated with the QB position, yes go get a QB but if your O-line isn't blocking for them then what? I say again there is nothing wrong with Tannehill, Allen isn't better, Donald right now isn't better him.

Tannehill doesn’t make the plays when he needs too... he is slow to read the defense and make good decisions... he is not a clutch QB.

Those are pretty poor examples as both are not very good and were rookies.

Hardly, I doubt you find a QB who was a sub 60% completion have success in the NFL.

Allen was not good against players who had no hope of playing in the NFL. HE was drafted because of Wentz's success and the fact he had a very strong arm, but nothing on his tape was worth a 1st round pick.

He was a rookie and did fine this year. I don’t think he will be good and am glad the dolphins didn’t draft him. I just think any argument that focuses on completion percentage is bogus.

I think this whole Allen or Rosen point is moot as they would have required a trade and losing more assets. To me the obvious choice that they didnt make that could have saved Gase and Co., and this franchise, would have been drafting Lamar Jackson.

A lot of people hate on this kid but he would have been ideal for our team with such a horrible oline. He would have given is 3 years to see what he could do for us, given us years to focus fixing the oline, and if he was really that bad he would have helped us tank for the great QB prospects that are coming in the next set of drafts.

The kid is a former Heisman winner and a kid from Miami. The story literally could not have been written better for his potential with us and we collectively **** the bed.

Disagree. Biggest problem with the franchise is QB. Put Tom Brady on the team and the GM and HC are instantly better. Gotta build from the QB out. No other way to do it.

I think this whole Allen or Rosen point is moot as they would have required a trade and losing more assets. To me the obvious choice that they didnt make that could have saved Gase and Co., and this franchise, would have been drafting Lamar Jackson.

A lot of people hate on this kid but he would have been ideal for our team with such a horrible oline. He would have given is 3 years to see what he could do for us, given us years to focus fixing the oline, and if he was really that bad he would have helped us tank for the great QB prospects that are coming in the next set of drafts.

The kid is a former Heisman winner and a kid from Miami. The story literally could not have been written better for his potential with us and we collectively **** the bed.
The reason Jackson looked so good was because the ravens had a good offensive line not in spite of it. And their defense was 2nd overall. It was telling they were so run heavy at the end of last year. Saved this franchise lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom