Lets Be Honest Here... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets Be Honest Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our teams scouting has been bad for quite some time

Chris Grier
We'll see how it all plays out but now we know 1 person
will be responsible for EVERYTHING

You guys are infatuated with the QB position, yes go get a QB but if your O-line isn't blocking for them then what? I say again there is nothing wrong with Tannehill, Allen isn't better, Donald right now isn't better him.
Upgrade the "fort so the king can be safe".

You're right, but this is the same fan base that thought and still thinks Jeff Ireland is an idiot so these fans know nothing about football.

That's O.K though, as he continues to do brilliant work for the Saints ("Getting Jeff was huge for us," Sean Payton), Dolphins fans can enjoy Jeff's old pal for now (until he pisses off Ross and he fires him over his ego and the process repeats itself until Ross's death).

upload_2019-1-25_11-13-36.jpeg

Adam Gase was right, Ross knows nothing about football and needs to sit down and shut the F up and let real football people work.

Not that Adam is some savant, but he is compared to Ross who I can tell can't help but make football decision with his little toy (like hiring Joe Philbin when that should have been the GM's choice).

Adam will be a great asset in NY, and RT will be a great asset wherever he plays in '19. They will/have had no problems finding a good job as I predicted and they will find success (just like Ireland). Ross is the one who has everything to prove, tick tock...

"And Gase yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did. Multiple sources say a high-ranking club official had to intervene and tell Gase he could not speak to the owner — his boss — that way.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article223850050.html#storylink=cpy"

Last edited:
The reason Jackson looked so good was because the ravens had a good offensive line not in spite of it. And their defense was 2nd overall. It was telling they were so run heavy at the end of last year. Saved this franchise lol

Saved it from what exactly? I imagine you consider this year a success... Glad we accomplished something in your eyes other than pure failure this year but in reality that statement has no basis.

You cant predict that Lamar Jackson would have done worse here because we have much better skill position players than the Ravens do.

I understand your statement, I just dont agree with it. There is no doubt in my mind Lamar Jackson would have done leaps and bounds better than Brock Osweiler at the very least.

That's a good observation. I do think Grier has done well in his three drafts. A couple of misses, but some big hits as well (Tunsil, Howard, Fitzpatrick). Too early to really tell. I think he is now essentially married to Flores and hopefully that is the right pick.

As an aside, I do feel bad for Gase. I think after the success of his first year the organization felt like the foundation was in place. I just look at Miami's offensive and defensive lines and how can you expect to compete? Not saying Gase was necessarily the answer, but other than the top coaches in the game I'm not sure many would have had a .500 or better record with this team.

I just watched Jarod Goff play an amazing game in the NFC Championship. He didn’t have a running game and was constantly under pressure eluding defenders to get passes off. On top of that he operated his offense in deafening conditions where I couldn’t even talk to my friend sitting next to me. A great QB effort overcomes poor line play as was demonstrated in this game.

Um...

No.

I agree with SOME of your premise. But saying "Goff was constantly under pressure...eluding defenders to get passes off...overcame poor line play" in that game is a fabrication. The Rams OL did a more than capable job in that game, picking up blitzes and keeping Goff clean almost the entire time. He had some designed rollouts, but most of the time he had a pretty clean pocket to work from when he stayed in it.

The GM position has sucked for 30 years so we promote from within.

Fantastic :good:

You guys are infatuated with the QB position, yes go get a QB but if your O-line isn't blocking for them then what? I say again there is nothing wrong with Tannehill, Allen isn't better, Donald right now isn't better him.
Upgrade the "fort so the king can be safe".

Infatuated?...It is by far the most important position in the game...this team has largely marginalized that position since drafting Marino. So yeah... we want to find an elite QB.

We all realize you have to build around him... but without him it’s pointless...Tannehill isn’t that guy!

Grier IMO has been one of the brighter spots of our team in recent years, not one of the “problems”.

It’s early to tell and impossible to know who’s name is on which picks, but overall I’ve been happy.

The big test is getting our QB.
I agree. Lots of needs on the team, but what's keeping Miami in the have-not group is the lack of a quality quarterback. Obviously, those guys aren't easy to find or every team would have one. Have to hit there and get a little lucky.

The reason Jackson looked so good was because the ravens had a good offensive line not in spite of it. And their defense was 2nd overall. It was telling they were so run heavy at the end of last year. Saved this franchise lol

This is a good reality for the Phin fans who continue to clamor for a Lamar Jackson.

No running QB has single handedly carried a team to the Super Bowl from start to finish. They need a full compliment, especially Defense, to win at that level.

But we have seen passing QBs carry a team to the Super Bowl many times. Sure a strong D helps deliver the title, but a elite passing QB can carry a team.

And when our fans bring up the "savior QB" discussion, we need to keep the Miami Dolphins circumstances in full view.

We don't have a full compliment to surround a QB. We do need a strong QB to "save" us.

Regardless, you always build on D. But if you are truly wanting to set championships as your standard of success, you need an elite passing QB. And until you can draft or develop one, keep building your team.

But don't prematurely draft someone just to satisfy everyone with addressing the use of resources to make the conversation go away.

If there is elite talent within grasp, grab it. But don't reach and annoint someone as the franchise when they are not equipped to be the franchise.

That said, you can still draft a bust. But let's stop attempting to devalue the importance of an elite passing QB by substituting "this" QB it "that" QB that obviously needs a strong supporting cast in order to succeed consistently.

We are not a strong organization with a pool of resources to ensure success.

We are starting over. We are building. So, build your foundation. Don't reach for a QB when there are necessary building blocks staring you in the face. Play the draft as it falls.

Realize what we need. And then realize Lamar Jackson isn't it.

I hate Gase as much as the next guy but the real problem this franchise has had for over a decade has been at the GM position.

We need a superstar GM that can thoroughly evaluate talent to constantly hit on great players.

Does anyone think Grier is that type of GM? Because we are about to find out.

Disagree with your premise. The main issues the franchise has had in order:
1-a meddling owner who thinks he knows football. He doesn’t
2-an ever changing front office with multiple voices and a constant power struggle
3-poor coach selection. Rather than looking for a leader Ross hired fancy coordinators who know nothing about people management, leadership or being an NFL CEO
4-consistently poor drafts and free agent reaches (See #2)

Finally having the owner step out of the football operations, having one voice at GM and allowing our head coach to choose his own staff is a huge improvement. This is how the most successful NFL franchises run their operations. You can criticize the choice of Flores but the guy is definitely a leader. They alao apparently hired a senior AHC to mentor him. I like it

I hate Gase as much as the next guy but the real problem this franchise has had for over a decade has been at the GM position.

We need a superstar GM that can thoroughly evaluate talent to constantly hit on great players.

I don’t think Greir is the answer, quite the opposite, he’s been part of the problem. Maybe I’m wrong and he will show how good he is holding all the cards. Someone pointed out we had a couple of good ones that have gone on to do good things elsewhere. I believe we have had too much turnover too soon at that position. Many GM’s took over with conditions like a coach in place or QB in place and had to work with the guys Ross wanted in place. That is crippling, not to mention the guys who found success were learning in the job in their first go at GM. Time will tell I hope the one man system works but I’m not sold on what I’m seeing so far.

found out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom