Let's bring in Schwartz | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
You really think a guy that could have taken a head coaching job this season if the right one was presented (his choice not to sign with a team) would sign onto a team as a defensive coordinator, under a first timer interim coach? Not going to happen, guys... just forget it.

You really think a guy that could have taken a head coaching job this season if the right one was presented (his choice not to sign with a team) would sign onto a team as a defensive coordinator, under a first timer interim coach? Not going to happen, guys... just forget it.
No one offered Schwartz an HC job. He may have been considered for some DC positions, but none were offered. You're seriously overestimating his HC potential. He's not even on the radar as an HC candidate in this league at the moment.

I think so, that's the real reason Coyle and Lazor are still here and Campbell was named interim coach.

We can bring anyone in now, but there would have to be another contract in the summer once a token interview had been held.

I find the rooney rule so demeaning

Supposedly the Bills were considering him before Rex.

Campbell is an interim replacement with no guarantee beyond this year. It's unlikely that anyone with a job and some job security is going to leave that to join Campbell knowing that by January you could be unemployed.

Schwartz is currently working for the league consulting with officials. I think he would jump at the chance to get an opportunity to get back in as a DC and would hope to be considered for the HC job at the end of the year if Campbell doesn't work out.

Not happening, I honestly don't see an outside coaching hire until after the season is done. Who would come here thinking the coaching isn't set in stone yet. We don't know if DC is going to stick as a HC and a new regime would want to bring in their own guys.

Not happening, I honestly don't see an outside coaching hire until after the season is done. Who would come here thinking the coaching isn't set in stone yet. We don't know if DC is going to stick as a HC and a new regime would want to bring in their own guys.

Agreed. No one is going to come in right now at this moment knowing that the whole staff will be fired at the end of the season.

We can bring anyone in now, but there would have to be another contract in the summer once a token interview had been held.

I find the rooney rule so demeaning

I agree. The Rooney family are great people and really good football people as well. It was done with the best intentions, but like so many things that were done with good intentions, it hasn't worked out. It only wastes the time of minority candidates.

Back
Top Bottom