Let's bring in Schwartz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
At least, he has experience on how to use Suh and he knows defense. We could maximize our return on this 100 million Suh investment.... Right now since the new head coach is talking about a culture change, let's bring Schwartz aboard....

Co-signed. I'm totally on board with that. Campbell and Schwartz and this season ain't over.

Schwartz doesn't just have a connection to Suh he's also an old friend of Tannenbaum's. They worked together in Cleveland under Belichick in the 90s. Mangini was there then, too. Also Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff. Those guys all go way back.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz
Campbell's hiring very well received by players.Liked,respected. Some def. players hope Coyle is fired &Schwartz or qualified cand. hired. Probably Suh and Mosley

May the "Schwartz be with us'...sorry about that...:lol:

I don't think Campbell will fire both coordinators (not this season at least) but i do think he will fire coyle because i believe he has better chance of fixing the offense with lazor than fixing the defense with coyle. I listen to the finsiders interview and he said to expect an announcement sooner rather than later. So i am guessing in the next two or three days we should know what is going to happen.

I don't think Campbell will fire both coordinators (not this season at least) but i do think he will fire coyle because i believe he has better chance of fixing the offense with lazor than fixing the defense with coyle. I listen to the finsiders interview and he said to expect an announcement sooner rather than later. So i am guessing in the next two or three days we should know what is going to happen.

I think he will sit down with Coyle and demand some changes. If Coyle resists, he is fired.

At least, he has experience on how to use Suh and he knows defense. We could maximize our return on this 100 million Suh investment.... Right now since the new head coach is talking about a culture change, let's bring Schwartz aboard....

Campbell is an interim replacement with no guarantee beyond this year. It's unlikely that anyone with a job and some job security is going to leave that to join Campbell knowing that by January you could be unemployed.

Rooney Rule doesn't apply to coordinators. Jim Schwartz is not waiting for a HC job because he was a failure as a HC and won't be getting another offer anytime soon. This is an ideal situation for a number of reasons. Most importantly, it's a lot of money. Secondly, let's not discount the great opportunity it is to be a DC in this league. Also, there's the chance that if you're damn impressive you become a major HC candidate in just the next year. This is the right move.

Back
Top Bottom