Let’s check on Gesicki’s blocking progress | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let’s check on Gesicki’s blocking progress

MG is my favorite player so I will be his advocate here …….in Baltimore ….. if MG wasn’t t in dolphin uniform we would had loose because he was the only one able to catch the TD period

So yes he isn’t t a great blocking TE but coach Mc D will find way to use him and I hope we keep MG here for many more seasons to come

Don't hold your breath. This is one of those situations where ppl's preconceived ideas cause them to read something "between the lines" that just isn't there.
Yea. He said it's what he heard. Wherever that was.

MG is my favorite player so I will be his advocate here …….in Baltimore ….. if MG wasn’t t in dolphin uniform we would had loose because he was the only one able to catch the TD period

So yes he isn’t t a great blocking TE but coach Mc D will find way to use him and I hope we keep MG here for many more seasons to come
Not sure about the many years to come part, because some team will offer him more than he is worth to us. I love MG as a pass catcher, and he certainly has value. Not top TE value for our particular circumstances, though.

I think it fairly obvious blocking is never going to be an area of strength for Gesicki. He is really just a big WR and that is all he will likely ever be.

They obviously decided to franchise him with the hope they could improve his blocking. I really like Gesicki and think he is a great teammate. Yet I just don’t see them signing him to a new contract because they don’t really need him as another WR going forward and he just isn’t the type of TE that fits the Dolphins offensive system McDaniel wants to run.

Within the right system, Gesicki would be an excellent addition for another team but unfortunately I just don’t see that team being the Dolphins after this year. I just hope he doesn’t end up signing with the Bills, Patriots, or Jets.

Yeah it still **** :) But he still has a role to play.

Good point. If we’re just picking one play to rag on him then this whiff is a good one. But to be fair, you have to balance that as you have

Here's PFF's grades on the offense against the Bills. Take it with a grain of salt, of course, but Gesicki was the worst blocker on the team with run blocking
io8hnfz7u7q91.png

I like Gesicki on the field in the red zone.

Miami’s red zone, not the opponents.

I think it fairly obvious blocking is never going to be an area of strength for Gesicki. He is really just a big WR and that is all he will likely ever be.

They obviously decided to franchise him with the hope they could improve his blocking. I really like Gesicki and think he is a great teammate. Yet I just don’t see them signing him to a new contract because they don’t really need him as another WR going forward and he just isn’t the type of TE that fits the Dolphins offensive system McDaniel wants to run.

Within the right system, Gesicki would be an excellent addition for another team but unfortunately I just don’t see that team being the Dolphins after this year. I just hope he doesn’t end up signing with the Bills, Patriots, or Jets.
I’d like to see us figure out how to get him the ball more this year. Otherwise he isn’t serving much of a purpose. I feel that’s on the coaches to get him involved. That said, we’re 3-0 so obviously doing something right

Back
Top Bottom