Lets Come Down From The Clouds On Minkah

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phinfan31, May 16, 2018.

1. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Ahhh, just read any thread about Tannehill and you'll see negativity galore

2. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

lol....you said it better than I could.

3. *Demi*God*

*Demi*God* A True Fan

Randy Moss is in the HOF and he admitted numerous times he took plays off...

4. dougb123

dougb123 Well-Known Member

Play at 1:10 Fitzpatrick did everything possible, spun off a block - TE wanted to pancake him, pursued the running back down the line of scrimmage until his point of attack was blocked by a CB once that happened he lost all his speed, linebacker was also blocking his point of attack - I'm not sure what you saw there other than an exceptional play by an good RB freezing the CB and making a play on the edge of the boundary....

Lesser player would of been taken out by the TE - that was good effort play not a lack of effort

He will miss play's that forsure all do...over all elite player with elite talent and that all you can ask for.

5. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

Thank you Bandit. I think a lot of these guys are just super sensitive from all the Tannehaters in the past several years. And I actually had contemplated that same thought! I was thinking that its possible he was protecting himself because hes literally one game away from his dream. I also thought that maybe he was just saving the juice whenever he could for the 2nd half since things weren't going as well as Bama wanted.

To anyone who commented on this as being negative...I'm not trying to spoil the fun here. I simply want to analyze the kid in order to foresee potential areas of struggle. If anyone thought that there is zero concern for his energy in this game, then I challenge you to find a new topic of discussion - (e.g. mental errors, being outplayed physically, etc.) I'm SURE there is footage out there.

GUH-sick-EE and Blackcreekbandit like this.
  6. 1Dolfan

1Dolfan Starter

my only knock on Minkah is that he isn't Tremain Edmunds who i think will be a certified all pro.

i have no real concerns with Minkah but i will keep tabs on Derwin and Edmunds to see if we did get the best player.

MelbournePhin likes this.
  7. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Bad thread...there’s no plays off... he has “contain” responsibilities which means sometimes he is there if the guys in front miss...which team won the game?

8. BlueFin

Edmunds has far more question marks in his play than Fitzpatrick...so does James.

GUH-sick-EE, Stoobz and djphinfan like this.
  9. BlueFin

Fine to be objective....silly to go overboard.

By all accounts this kid checks all the boxes since his freshman year...as sure fire of a lock as you will find.

10. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Not going all out? Hmm what other draft choice did we draft where that concern was brought up?

Oh yeah..Baker!

11. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Finheaven VIP Donator

Don't tell me what to do, dawg

HeavenCent and Pandarilla like this.
  12. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin Banned Hammered

It will be interesting to see who becomes the better player between he and derwin james

GUH-sick-EE likes this.
  13. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

I am almost always in favor of trading down. I believe there is safty in numbers. This year in rounds 1 and 2 we took the right players. In terms of taking plays off no one here knows the strategy of a single athletic event. Tape doesn't show those nagging injuries that a player might have to let up on just enough on a play so he can stay on the field the entire game. Look I like to see tendencies over a period of years to evaluate our players, not just the freak athletic talent. Tunsil and Fitz we couldn't pass on imo but in Tunsil he got nicked up in college and didn't play up to his potential always. Parker is another example and yes Drake while talented couldn't get the starting rb position in bama not because of his performance but his inability to stay healthy on the field. Expect those tendencies to continue in the NFL over a longer season. What makes the biggest difference imo is the coaching up. A good great coach will evaluate these holes in their players makeup, then take steps to protect those issues from happening come game day. Count me not as optimistic on Gase this year as many on this site but I am optimistic on the new hire assistant coaches. Those guys are in the best positions to make the difference for this team this season

14. Pandarilla

Pandarilla A True Fan

Minkah used to live in Jersey...there's you're negative.

15. Superself

Superself If you want to, we can supply you. Finheaven VIP

Hundreds of scouts have already done the work that you are gleefully urging others to help you with.

I don't understand your point. Are you trying to piece together reasons why Minkah wasn't worth the 11th pick? Is this a negative campaign to set you up for a future "I told you so" thread if Minkah for some crazy reason doesn't pan out?

Perhaps you were one of the fans who really wanted to jump up and grab a QB and this is your way of pissing on everyone's joy?