Let's get Roaf | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's get Roaf

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Roaf says he'd rather retire than play for Saints

Roaf said he would be willing to play elsewhere next season for $750,000, the minimum NFL salary for a 10-year veteran.

``All I want is what they owe me -- $1.4 million -- and then I'll go on my merry way,'' Roaf said.

Roaf said his recent problems with the Saints are due in part to his decision to rehabilitate his knee away from the team's training facility.

now that w/b a major signing :D

Originally posted by dolphan39
Roaf says he'd rather retire than play for Saints

now that w/b a major signing :D

Well, after reading that article it seems that Willie will not be playing for the Saints no moe. The accelerated cap hit will be the price they will have to live with, if hes not traded.
If his knee is a go, any team can absorb the cotract #'s if he truly is willing to play for the minimum.

BB

YES YES YES!!

THIS WOULD BE GREAT, THEN WE COULD FOCUS ON RB BY TRADING FOR R.WILLIAMS, FRED TAYLO9R, OR SIGNING RICKY WATTERS!! OR USE OUR DRAFT PICK FOR A GOOD RB!! OR TRADE UP FOR A GREAT DLMEN!!

We could get him to play for us for the minimum, is a pipe dream.
If the Saints and Roaf go their seperate ways, I'm sure there will be plenty of teams lining up to fill his pockets with dead presidents. There is no way we will be able to afford him.
Besides that, Brent Smith will be back along with Marcus Spriggs, which means that a guard is a more urgent need than a tackle.

re: inFINSible

If we can get him for say 1mil a year with a cap-friendly contract, it would be worth it. G's are easier to find that LT's. We can move Smith and/or Spriggs inside if need be.

I'm apt to agree that the idea of getting Roaf for the minimum is a "pipe dream." That doesn't mean that the team shouldn't pursue him though. If there's a possibility of picking him up for a decent cap figure then go for it. It's not like the 'Fins are going to be able to upgrade the line for peanuts.

yes, signing Roaf would be huge!!! No pun intended. He might not command as much money for a few reasons:

1.) He's 32
2.) His questionable attitude towards the coach could be taken as a negative
3.) He has a history of knee problems

I'd love to have him and he might not be as expensive as we think, hopefully we'll look into it.......

Roaf is getting old and is wearing down. He failed his physical with the Texans. So they had to pull him off the expansion list. The guy has skills and was an elite LT. But the key word is "WAS".

I'd rather not sign another aging, injured LT. I'd really like to see us draft Levi Jones.

Originally posted by Muck
Roaf is getting old and is wearing down. He failed his physical with the Texans. So they had to pull him off the expansion list. The guy has skills and was an elite LT. But the key word is "WAS".

I'd rather not sign another aging, injured LT. I'd really like to see us draft Levi Jones.

Jones is gifted, but is a selfish, lazy, non team player. Is he worth a 1st rounder? I don't think so.

Yes thats what we need an aging lt with knee problems ....This is ridiculous we had a better tackle in better shape (richmond webb)and now you guys say take roaf ? again glad some of you are NOT running this offseason ! I undertand the desperation to be a better team but i have a problem with the savoirs that are being suggested... wille roaf? drew bledsoe? cade mcknown ? ricky willams ? fred taylor? rohan davey eli manning?Get seriuos folks we need YOUNG mean offensive and defensive line men!!!!!!!! Stay the course and draft the big guys this year !!!The only two running backs i would like to see are ricky willams or fred taylor and they would not be THE player , just a nice addition ! IT STARTS UP FRONT!

Webb got $3 mil a year. Roaf for the vet minimum is worth a chance as a s-t fix to our miserable OL; but I will happy with anything that is done to upgrade the running game as long as that is the #1 priority :D

Originally posted by badfoot
Yes thats what we need an aging lt with knee problems ....This is ridiculous we had a better tackle in better shape (richmond webb)and now you guys say take roaf ? again glad some of you are NOT running this offseason ! I undertand the desperation to be a better team but i have a problem with the savoirs that are being suggested... wille roaf? drew bledsoe? cade mcknown ? ricky willams ? fred taylor? rohan davey eli manning?Get seriuos folks we need YOUNG mean offensive and defensive line men!!!!!!!! Stay the course and draft the big guys this year !!!The only two running backs i would like to see are ricky willams or fred taylor and they would not be THE player , just a nice addition ! IT STARTS UP FRONT!

So your saying that we shouldn't get Ricky, Taylor, Bledsoe, or ever draft a QB. Yeah we need some linemen, but they aren't the whole team.

Roaf has instructed his agent to work out a trade to the Broncos. I just saw it on ESPN.9:06 MST
It really does'nt mean anything, but that bad knee is going to hurt in the cold temperatures.

BB:lol:

Back
Top Bottom