Let's have some opinions. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's have some opinions.

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters
Justasportsfan said:
who do you think finfans would pick?

We can pretty much say the same for you guys, can't we? In fact more so, because everyone knows the correct answer is Feeley, picking Losman shows homerism. :D

Mr. Right said:
You guys, stop being homers, please!

Feeley has no potential and has already shown he will never be a good started in the league.

Losman has TONS of potential to be a special player, with his work ethic, mobility, and strong arm.

No conteast, Losman

Right now Losman has as much potential as I do at playing safety in the NFL.

tay0365 said:
There really is no upside to Losman, but there is a known downside, he has a problem getting along with his teammates, he is power hungry, and normally alienates himself from most around him.
Talk about the stupidest post ever. Feeley has already proven he was a failure. You guys would choose Feeley over Losman because he's a "vet" in his years of being a vet he has been terrible. NO thanks.

Justasportsfan said:
he showed more flashes of stupidity than he did show brilliance. 5 yrs. in the league and yet he still played like a 3rd stringer.

No no, Losman was in College 5 years ago, but you do have the stupitity right.

Losman7 said:
Feeley could turn it around, but why do you constantly compare yourselves to the chargers?

it took them years to right that ship, 3 years of Houck working on the line, years of learning the playbook.

you act like the Chargers situation is identical to your own, but other than you guys sucking last year and having the same OL coach, its completely different.

True, we do have more talent at Defense and WR then the Chargers, and we do not have a RB like LT (Even though we have one RB that has the potential to be, and another that came close to running for 2000 yards.)

tay0365 said:
No no, Losman was in College 5 years ago, but you do have the stupitity right.
LOL... sorry I don't normally point out grammatical mistakes, but you spelled "stupidity" stupitity... that's just ironic to me and made me laugh.

BTW: He was talking about Feeley, not Losman

Wagon Circler said:
You would rather have a guy that most all of you admit that a second round pick was much too steep for him, over a guy many draft experts said would be the #1 overall pick if he were in the '05 draft?

The same draft experts that also said Rick Mirer would be the next Montana? Yea, I will go with a QB that was highly thought of by their fans in Philly, and looked good when we had some blocking last year.

Wagon Circler said:
No, his mobility isn't overrated. He's a pass first guy, he's not going to tuck it and run on every down. Another thing, in college sack yards are deducted from rushing totals, not passing.

Don't worry, he will be out and running again when he starts in the NFL.

Justasportsfan said:
Don't give in to the dark side....

Are you nuts? Jp can throw INT's returned for Td's just like AJ . Based on that I would take JP's potential over Feeley's. I couldn't care if Aj has had experience at sucking.

Ok, if we are going on potential, then Ron Brown is going to be a better Running back, then McGahee, after all, he is bigger, faster, can catch the ball better, Block better. So great, let us now start going with potential.

Justasportsfan said:
If Feeley is the vet. NO Thanks. He hasn't even played like a vet. He was arguably as bad as Eli under the same circumstance and Eli was a true rookie.

The only time I would pick Feeley over Jp is if we needed a tackling dummy just to satisfy the thirst of our D for huge hits. He can be the guniea pig.

I don't know, in the world of arrogant hated QBs, your boy Losman has a very high score, and might get your players even more excited to take his head off.:)

Wagon Circler said:
Talk about the stupidest post ever. Feeley has already proven he was a failure. You guys would choose Feeley over Losman because he's a "vet" in his years of being a vet he has been terrible. NO thanks.

Feeley in Playin with us showed something (Seen nothing from Losman yet), he was able to take Miami on a few long drives against a some pretty good defenses (Have yet to see one from losman), he had an amazing 1st half on your teams supposed great defense (Still waiting to see Losman have a great quarter against even the worst defense). Feeley Might or Might not succeed this year, but no matter what he still will have a better year then Loseman.

tay0365 said:
There really is no upside to Losman, but there is a known downside, he has a problem getting along with his teammates, he is power hungry, and normally alienates himself from most around him.

Tay obviously there is an upside to him or else no one would have considered him in the draft. You don't pick players who have utterly no upside that wouldn't make sense. If Buffalo wouldn't of picked him GB said that they would have. It's interesting how you have such an insider's view of the Bills locker room. But your view doesn't seem to be correct. Here's what some articles say...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3710466
Losman's inexperience could stall the offense at times, but the coaches and players have been very encouraged by his mature approach towards taking the leadership reins of the offense.
Doesn't sound like he's alienated too many in this article.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/profootball/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1119163869284450.xml
His work ethic has been outstanding, as well. Losman arrived at the team's practice facility Feb. 7 -- the day before Coach Mike Mularkey arrived from a brief postseason vacation. "I don't ever see that Denali leave this parking lot," cornerback Terrence McGee told the Buffalo News, referring to Losman's car. "He's always here. I'm feeling that sense of command he's giving to the offense."

"He's a smart guy. He's been here the whole time, and he's learning," added veteran receiver Eric Moulds. "Of course, I'm not going to sit here and say he's going to be Peyton Manning anytime soon, but he's going to make some plays. He's going to surprise a lot of people."

"He's been impressive with his approach. He wants to do good. There's no question there is a drive there," said Mularkey, who has taken to some interesting motivational tools to inspire Losman.
Eric Moulds and Terrance McGee sound pretty impressed with Losman as does the Head Coach

http://www.sportingnews.com/exclusives/20050502/617172-p.html
"Whether the coaches or players want to say it or not, I think everyone was looking to see if I actually knew what I was doing," he says. "I could see more focus on me than usual, so it was exciting."

The veterans, some who were Bledsoe backers, liked what they saw. "He's light-years ahead of where he was last year," says right guard Chris Villarrial. "You can tell he's done his homework by the command he showed in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage. There was no hesitation or confusion on his part. He knew his stuff."

Losman was so confident he even corrected his coaches during the second day of minicamp workouts.

"Now, that's impressive," Villarrial says, grinning. "Of course, you don't want to get in the habit of correcting coaches -- that might get you in trouble -- but he definitely showed me something there."

Losman also earned points by saying he needed to earn the respect of the veterans.
Sounds like guys are impressed and like him.

There was some concern when Losman was drafted that he was too ****y. But so far he hasn't rubbed anyone the wrong way. Players (especially established ones) don't have to kiss the QB's butt, they can just go out and play. But Eric Moulds, Lawyer Milloy, and Chris Vilarrial have all stepped out and given good reviews.

tay0365 said:
Ok, if we are going on potential, then Ron Brown is going to be a better Running back, then McGahee, after all, he is bigger, faster, can catch the ball better, Block better. So great, let us now start going with potential.

Ronnie Brown-6'0-233
McGahee- 6'0-228

There's not really an appreciable difference. Especially since rookie backs tend to wear down and lose some weight as the season continues (see Clinton Portis, he went from 215 to 200). The rest is debatable. The last time McGahee ran a 40 was before the injury though, so that most likely affected things. Brown is a great reciever. They'll both be good backs.

Vessel17 said:
LOL... sorry I don't normally point out grammatical mistakes, but you spelled "stupidity" stupitity... that's just ironic to me and made me laugh.

BTW: He was talking about Feeley, not Losman

Yes, I put a t instead of a d, when you are at work, and trying to type fast, that happens. As far as what he meant, It's called sarcasm...sorry I do not normally point out people that are oblivious to what is going on, because that is also ironic to me and made also made me laugh of how what I wrote went over your head....now continue of your spelling police job.

tay0365 said:
Feeley in Playin with us showed something (Seen nothing from Losman yet), he was able to take Miami on a few long drives against a some pretty good defenses (Have yet to see one from losman), he had an amazing 1st half on your teams supposed great defense (Still waiting to see Losman have a great quarter against even the worst defense). Feeley Might or Might not succeed this year, but no matter what he still will have a better year then Loseman.
How are you so sure? You haven't seen Losman do any of these things because he didn't play last year because of a broken leg. Listen, Feeley is a decent backup, especially when he's in Philly, but I don't think he's a game breaker. He couldn't beat out Joey Harrington in college and I don't think he'll beat out Gus now. But trying to judge a QB on what he hasn't had the chance to do is stupid. It's like saying Peyton Manning is a bad QB because he hasn't played well in the Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom